A response to Mehdi Hasan “Islamic terrorists arent religious”

ANoble

ANoble
Total Posts:  1
Joined  31-07-2016

31 July 2016 06:05

What do you guys think about this?
Richard Dawkins went on his show Head to Head at one point and it was interesting…
A response to Mehdi Hasan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvNTGyjb1hk

[ Edited: 31 July 2016 12:02 by ANoble]

Hypersoup

Hypersoup
Total Posts:  688
Joined  24-01-2013

10 August 2016 01:59

Thats what I have been told, for example at a recent kutbah it was reiterated that killing women children, priests non combatants, the old, the weak etc was and is prohibited. Than again there are also more secretive forces in the muslim community. So its not a clear cut issue. The terrorists are probably religious, but not orthodox as per traditional Mulsim standards, historically.

They’ll say that the opposition to thir way is based on “scholars for dollars” - ie scholars pandering to Western interests and pressures. Its a difficult one to argue, becausae prima facie thay could have a case - simple because the West opposes terrorism and “muslim power” etc. I think to counter terorism it would be a move for the West to join with the idea its pseudo jihad in the eyes of the established ulema, ie a “ijma” or consensuus gentium or the traditional experts. But any Western politician making the claim is “out of depth” because its not his traditional or politically correct territory, by claiming theyre a law unto themselves...

[ Edited: 10 August 2016 02:10 by Hypersoup]

Hypersoup

Hypersoup
Total Posts:  688
Joined  24-01-2013

11 August 2016 01:54

Sorry If never watched the full vid. I have met some jihadi types, maybe.

They aint been that bad to me.

They have some character qualities I respect, and some I dislike.  I like the respect for the sober intellect, and the preserrvation of “human nature” so to speak.

But I dont like the anti intellectualism, even if they have a good point that sometimes its far better for the person to get a job etc, that get entangled in theory.