Transgenderism -an over inclusive incoherent ideology turned internet cult

evilsocks

evilsocks
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-09-2016

20 September 2016 18:31

disclaimer: not all transgender people. i think most of the people i’m talking about would consider themselves m2f transgender “lesbians”. this seems to be a fairly recent phenomena, like it really got going in the last 5 years or so.

i’m what you could call an “autogynephile”. it’s the most common i think reason why people cross-dress. it means you masturbate to fantasies of yourself being a woman. 

according to the majority of users, and the head moderator of reddit’s r/asktransgender board i don’t exist. i’m either a TERF (that’s Trans Exclusive Radical Feminist for the uninitiated) sockpuppet or sad example of a transperson in deep denial.

they had me convinced for 8 months i was a woman trapped in a man’s body,

i believe the majority of users on r/asktransgender are delusional autogynephiles.

i’m biased though, having went through what i did. so don’t trust me, but please do take a gander over at reddit.com/r/asktransgender and tell me what you guys think. specifically look for the posts of people asking some variation of “is this a fetish or am i transgender?”

so what do you think guys?  if any of you have actually been in a real cult i’d love to know if anything rings a bell. or alternatively if you think i’m way off i’d like to hear that too.                                               

PS: i’d be willing to into more detail if anyone is interested.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  16881
Joined  15-02-2008

20 September 2016 20:13

Have you read Alice Dreger’s Galileo’s Middle Finger? she talks about this stuff quite a bit.

evilsocks

evilsocks
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-09-2016

20 September 2016 20:54

i have not, but thanks for recommending it. seems like a good book, will have to check it out.

sojourner

sojourner
Total Posts:  5970
Joined  09-11-2012

20 September 2016 21:07

evilsocks - 20 September 2016 06:31 PM

disclaimer: not all transgender people. i think most of the people i’m talking about would consider themselves m2f transgender “lesbians”. this seems to be a fairly recent phenomena, like it really got going in the last 5 years or so.

i’m what you could call an “autogynephile”. it’s the most common i think reason why people cross-dress. it means you masturbate to fantasies of yourself being a woman. 

according to the majority of users, and the head moderator of reddit’s r/asktransgender board i don’t exist. i’m either a TERF (that’s Trans Exclusive Radical Feminist for the uninitiated) sockpuppet or sad example of a transperson in deep denial.

they had me convinced for 8 months i was a woman trapped in a man’s body,

i believe the majority of users on r/asktransgender are delusional autogynephiles.

i’m biased though, having went through what i did. so don’t trust me, but please do take a gander over at reddit.com/r/asktransgender and tell me what you guys think. specifically look for the posts of people asking some variation of “is this a fetish or am i transgender?”

so what do you think guys?  if any of you have actually been in a real cult i’d love to know if anything rings a bell. or alternatively if you think i’m way off i’d like to hear that too.                                               

PS: i’d be willing to into more detail if anyone is interested.

Ack, a Cambrian Period of labels! I suspect I have dyscalculia and don’t do well with labels, names, and rote vocabulary, so that would be like my worst frigging nightmare. Who could even remember all that, much less take a passionate stance on it? Let them evolve it out and when the semantic chips fall where they may you can choose whatever label you fancy, but in the meantime, who the hell cares? Make up your own name for yourself and act severely insulted if people refuse to honor it or don’t call yourself anything at all.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6423
Joined  08-12-2006

20 September 2016 21:13

Interesting. If you’re right, then surgery will do nothing for these so-called m2f transgender lesbians? They’d be better off staying men, but every now and then dressing up like women and beating off? Imagine the support group meetings!

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  16881
Joined  15-02-2008

20 September 2016 22:16

evilsocks - 20 September 2016 08:54 PM

i have not, but thanks for recommending it. seems like a good book, will have to check it out.

She seems like she was big into to the science and politics of transsex. I thought this book was something else when I got it but was still interesting, she has other books as well.

SkepticX

SkepticX
Total Posts:  14802
Joined  24-12-2004

21 September 2016 05:05

GAD - 20 September 2016 08:13 PM

Have you read Alice Dreger’s Galileo’s Middle Finger? she talks about this stuff quite a bit.

Here’s what NYT’s David Dobbs has to say about it.

sojourner

sojourner
Total Posts:  5970
Joined  09-11-2012

21 September 2016 07:20

PS… If it makes you feel any better, it’s not just a transgender issue, although I’m sure it shows up more prominently in such areas at the moment. But to keep us from living in a Tower of Babble, there is always a slightly coercive element to even the most democratic group systems, language or otherwise. We have all sighed and answered “De-nice” at some point to the world. wink

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  4900
Joined  28-05-2009

04 October 2016 15:21

The pernicious psychology that creates cults probably exists at some level in any community. I’m not sure of transgenderism (is that even a thing?) is a particularly poignant example for any reason. My personal experience with actual trans gendered persons doesn’t lead me to believe that they are especially prone to irrational thinking. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. While there is undoubtedly some confused identity politics surrounding the issue it doesn’t represent the group. Instead they are targets-of-opportunity for the far more powerful and toxic cults that should worry us.

TroliusMaximus

TroliusMaximus
Total Posts:  167
Joined  20-09-2016

30 October 2016 05:40

The phenomenon of these ‘pan sexualities’ is an Internet-fuelled emancipation of the erstwhile shackles that (in particular) the puritan U.$. and western societies enthralled their peoples with, as an offshoot of the the millennia-old usurpation of sex and sexuality for use as a tool of control by nefarious religion.

For example, because transsexualism in the U.$.was not understood or with much historical precedent (although, the Ancient Greek and Roman Empire did have male-to-female transsexuals), therefore maligned ? as distinct from how it was treated in Asia ? many who were, say, of a female “brain sex”, were forced to live as closeted males or to express themselves as homosexuals, as a result of their mismatch anatomy. Now, with the Internet Age broadening their understanding of their true genitive status, they are now playing catch-up, if you will.

However, because hormone therapy et al. really needs to be undertaken from adolescence (especially in cases of MTF transition… for obvious reasons) in order to achieve “passable” results towards the desired gender one is targeting, many who are now adults, have found themselves more or less stuck with the vessels their biology (“God”...? tongue rolleye) has mistakenly lumbered them with.  Thus we arrive at all these weird and ‘wonderful’ bastardisations of transgenderism which seek, consciously or otherwise, to find a niche for individuals to slot into, in lieu of what they perhaps would have become were they born elsewhere on the planet or at a later time.

[ Edited: 30 October 2016 05:43 by TroliusMaximus]

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19789
Joined  20-07-2007

30 October 2016 07:55

Let them evolve it out and when the semantic chips fall where they may you can choose whatever label you fancy, but in the meantime, who the hell cares? Make up your own name for yourself and act severely insulted if people refuse to honor it or don’t call yourself anything at all.

`

That, I agree with.  I don’t care what sexuality is claimed by anyone, that should not be a matter of public pubic permission but private personal preference and performance.