< 1 2

Sam Harris and Robert Spencer

Hesperado

Hesperado
Total Posts:  112
Joined  19-05-2015

29 October 2016 15:47

“He is also coming from the view, as should we all, that there is no outside force that can join together and overthrow Islam.  Islam changes need to happen from within and no amount of Christian teaming up will work.”

I agree that Islam cannot be reformed to the point of joining the rest of humanity in the modern world by any outside forces or influences; that it would have to come from within.

I also agree that Islam likely cannot be overthrown.

Where I disagree is that the prospect of a viable reform of Islam is not, in fact, a chimerical will-o’-the-wisp—- worse, a dangerous delusion that will be our last coffin nail ensuring the success of the decades-long stealth jihad (in covert collusion with the jihad of the sword) that has been infiltrating the West on many cultural and ideological (and increasingly, political) fronts.

VikramKChatterjee

VikramKChatterjee
Total Posts:  12
Joined  27-01-2016

13 February 2017 20:24

June - 11 October 2016 03:48 PM

I don’t understand, what part of the link indicated a temper tantrum fit on Spencer’s side due to a lack of attention from Harris?

There is nothing to understand. Ola’s characterization flatly misrepresents Spencer’s piece, which is not a good sign for Ola’s honesty.

Spencer’s questions are perfectly legitimate. Nawaz has much to explain in his support for Keith Ellison, along with much else, such as his repeated lies about Islam, the Quran & Islamic doctrine in the book with Harris, and his repeated subtle threats to the infidels in the audience.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6355
Joined  22-02-2005

13 February 2017 21:19

VikramKChatterjee - 13 February 2017 08:24 PM

There is nothing to understand. Ola’s characterization flatly misrepresents Spencer’s piece, which is not a good sign for Ola’s honesty.

Spencer’s questions are perfectly legitimate. Nawaz has much to explain in his support for Keith Ellison, along with much else, such as his repeated lies about Islam, the Quran & Islamic doctrine in the book with Harris, and his repeated subtle threats to the infidels in the audience.

This posts is not a good sign of your reading skills.

You have no cause to question another poster’s honesty.

VikramKChatterjee

VikramKChatterjee
Total Posts:  12
Joined  27-01-2016

16 May 2017 16:54

Nhoj Morley - 13 February 2017 09:19 PM

This posts is not a good sign of your reading skills.

You have no cause to question another poster’s honesty.

I’m afraid you are suffering from a good deal of naivete about Islam, and the campaign of propaganda that it wages everywhere it goes. That campaign is in full view right here on this forum, in thread after thread. People who wage jihad warfare don’t just do it with suicide bombing and Kalashnikovs. They do it with lies, with propaganda. They do everything they can to denigrate those who intend to resist Islamic Jihad.

Almost no one in the world knows as much about Islamic jihad as Robert Spencer of the amazing JihadWatch.org website. He’s been studying Islam and jihad for 30 years, and has built up a spectacular repertoire of books, journalism, and public speaking that is matched in it’s quality by only a few.

One thing one begins to notice is that wherever one goes on the internet to share an article by Spencer, gaggles of dishonest commenters come into the comments and immediately question his motives, his sanity, whether or not his website is serious. A typical example is found in the above thread. “Ola” writes:

Is Spencer stamping his foot in a tantrum right now cos Sam Harris isn’t paying him enough attention?

This makes it sound as if Spencer is acting childishly, seeking attention. To the contrary, Spencer’s piece is very serious and well written, as asks some very important questions. Why describe the article as a “tantrum”?

The answer is that the person writing that statement wants to make Spencer sound silly and childish - in the hopes that readers here will ignore his message, one that teaches non-Muslims about jihad and how to resist it.

Why would someone want to make a writer to teaches people how to resist jihad sound silly and childish? Could they be in favor of Jihad?

Ola

Ola
Total Posts:  1117
Joined  12-07-2016

16 May 2017 17:08

Hello, Vikram.

Here’s my question in context.
Feel free to note the disclaimer (first two sentences!) Thanks.

Ola - 11 October 2016 10:09 AM

I feel so stupid right now but I don’t know anything about Robert Spencer (bar that he opposes radical Islam and jihad but ffs who doesn’t) and I don’t care that I don’t. So I’m probably about to say something woefully ignorant.

Is Spencer stamping his foot in a tantrum right now cos Sam Harris isn’t paying him enough attention?

Sam is just telling the truth. So what?

Sam has been quite respectful of and even defensive about “Tommy Robinson”:  by Sam’s own admission, this was based on hearing one interview with his pal Dave Rubin, and now I think he probably understands that the interview did not adequately explain Tommy Robinson, and is a bit of a false impression (at least, it’s not the whole truth). Maybe he has learned from that experience?

I asked a question. As I recall, or maybe I am just presuming, ok I’m guessing, I guess I thought his piece sounded like he was whining or whatevs.

And as I recall, June corrected me!

It’s just a discussion. Don’t over think it!

< 1 2