1 2 3 >  Last ›

“The Walking Dead” TV Series

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3468
Joined  21-10-2016

23 October 2016 11:11

I must admit that I got into watching the The Walking Dead (TWD) TV series.  Okay, the premise is kind of “out there”, but the characters are interesting and the acting is good.  A pessimistic outlook regarding human behaviour in difficult situations, but makes for good drama.  I usually end up looking away during the most violent scenes.

Now, please don’t judge me too harshly ... I also watch PBS, science/nature documentaries, a lot of news, read non-fiction (e.g. paleontology, anthropology, history), etc.

The season premiere of the show is on tonight.  At the end of last season, I vowed I would never watch it again because it was just getting too “heavy” for me - the violence level was off the scale and they kept killing off regular characters.  Problem is, I still want to know what happens next.  Do I keep my vow, or start watching ten minutes after the start so I miss the expected awful first scene?  I know ... this is not an earth-shattering question.

Anyone else watch this TV show?  I dare you to admit it if do ... :-)

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3425
Joined  26-03-2013

23 October 2016 11:46

There’s no shame in that…it’s a great show!

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17892
Joined  15-02-2008

23 October 2016 11:58

You don’t have to justify the TV shows you watch to us, just post what you like and if someone doesn’t like it then just tell them you hope they get eaten (slowly) by zombies.

I’ve been saying that I’m not going to watch it for about 3 years now, but I still do like a damn zombie addict. It’s just a grind and no fun, 6 years and they have gone in a 50 mile circle with the only thing changing is who dies. Z Nation is a lot more fun with a lot more interesting ideas and is my top zombie show now.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

23 October 2016 13:23

Thanks for the comments, LadyJane and GAD (and humour).

You’re right GAD, they haven’t gone very far.  I would have been looking for a nice little island.  I tried watching Z Nation once but it was hard to catch up on what was going since I hadn’t seen it from the start.  I think I’ll give it another try now.  I’ll probably end up watching TWD tonight, but not from the start.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

23 October 2016 15:47

Jan_CAN - 23 October 2016 01:23 PM

You’re right GAD, they haven’t gone very far.  I would have been looking for a nice little island.  I tried watching Z Nation once but it was hard to catch up on what was going since I hadn’t seen it from the start.  I think I’ll give it another try now.  I’ll probably end up watching TWD tonight, but not from the start.

The first season starts off a bit slow but picks up in the back half and I was hooked. I will watch TWD cause I got to see who gets killed, but I won’t be happy about it.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

23 October 2016 16:16

GAD - 23 October 2016 03:47 PM
Jan_CAN - 23 October 2016 01:23 PM

The first season starts off a bit slow but picks up in the back half and I was hooked. I will watch TWD cause I got to see who gets killed, but I won’t be happy about it.

Thanks for the tip; will try to see the later shows.  My husband is going to watch the first few minutes of TWD and will tell me who “got it” before I start watching.  I don’t want to see that scene.  I’m such a wuss :-)  A preview I saw warned that this scene will be pushing the limits.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

23 October 2016 21:55

Oh, that was so brutal and intense. All I want to see now is Rick come up with a brutal and intense plan to kill Negan, but Rick pretty much sucks at any kind of planning, so maybe he can find Carol and convince her to go back to being bad ass Carol and do it for him.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

24 October 2016 06:21

Yes, I had heard it was going to be especially brutal and intense.  As planned, I didn’t watch the start of the show, but my husband told me what happened (leaving out gruesome details).

The original character that was killed off isn’t who I had expected.  I’m quite ‘bummed out’ as I very much liked this character.  (Like you, I am leaving out specifics in case someone who watches the show hasn’t seen this episode yet).

It is a compelling show that keeps making you want to find out what happens.  I think I’ll probably watch the entire next show to see if/how they get Negan.  I agree that Carol would be a good one to get him – after all, she saved all their asses at Terminus.

Hypersoup

Hypersoup
Total Posts:  688
Joined  24-01-2013

06 November 2016 01:17

I have AD (attention deficit) when it comes to shows. Not watched a full show in maybe 8 or 9 years, when Austin Stevens was alive.

[ Edited: 06 November 2016 01:19 by Hypersoup]

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

13 February 2017 15:16

Did anyone watch last night’s episode (first episode of the second half of this season)?

I didn’t watch the first few shows of the season as it was just getting too intense and depressing.

Finally, it looks like the old Rick is back; if only Carol would get on-board.  Looking forward to seeing how this is going to unfold.  Really tired of them killing off well-liked characters.

What was that smile of Rick’s at the very end?  I didn’t get the meaning.  Did he recognize these people?

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21915
Joined  11-03-2007

13 February 2017 19:24

I think he did recognize them.  But I’m disappointed in the core group.  They gave their weapons up to the Kingdom group, and they got surrounded by that other group at the end.  They are no match right now for the Saviors.  And I’m having a hard time stomaching King Ezekiel.  I’m ready for some wholesale carnage.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

13 February 2017 23:25

Yeah, the group doesn’t seem so tough or smart right now (maybe this will change somewhat if they get Carol back).  Perhaps some new characters are going to be introduced.  I also want to see them battle this out, but hope this isn’t going to be where we lose more of our favourites in the group.  (I’ll never forgive the writers for killing Denise and Glen.)  I assume this will get dragged out over several shows until a final climax battle.

It seems to me that the psychology of the King Ezekiel character doesn’t make a lot of sense.  They seem to indicate that he cares a great deal about his people and is a ‘good’ leader, yet has the kind of weird ego where he wants to be called and treated like a king.

[ Edited: 13 February 2017 23:29 by Jan_CAN]

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

13 February 2017 23:32

Jan_CAN - 13 February 2017 03:16 PM

Did anyone watch last night’s episode (first episode of the second half of this season)?

I didn’t watch the first few shows of the season as it was just getting too intense and depressing.

Finally, it looks like the old Rick is back; if only Carol would get on-board.  Looking forward to seeing how this is going to unfold.  Really tired of them killing off well-liked characters.

What was that smile of Rick’s at the very end?  I didn’t get the meaning.  Did he recognize these people?

It means Rick needs an army and he thinks he just found one.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

13 February 2017 23:34

EN - 13 February 2017 07:24 PM

I think he did recognize them.  But I’m disappointed in the core group.  They gave their weapons up to the Kingdom group, and they got surrounded by that other group at the end.  They are no match right now for the Saviors.  And I’m having a hard time stomaching King Ezekiel.  I’m ready for some wholesale carnage.

I’ve been disappointed for years now.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

13 February 2017 23:37

GAD - 13 February 2017 11:32 PM
Jan_CAN - 13 February 2017 03:16 PM

It means Rick needs an army and he thinks he just found one.

I think you’re right - that must be it.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

12 December 2017 16:50

Did anyone watch this past Sunday’s episode?  IMO, the writing has been going downhill somewhat; stuff happens that doesn’t make much sense.  And now they’re killing off another favourite character—this one I thought unlikely to get it.  But for some reason, I keep on watching ...

1 2 3 >  Last ›