< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›

“The Walking Dead” TV Series

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17604
Joined  15-02-2008

12 December 2017 16:59

Jan_CAN - 12 December 2017 04:50 PM

Did anyone watch this past Sunday’s episode?  IMO, the writing has been going downhill somewhat; stuff happens that doesn’t make much sense.  And now they’re killing off another favourite character—this one I thought unlikely to get it.  But for some reason, I keep on watching ...

Can’t watch now since I cut the cord and AMC requires you to pay for cable to watch them. But this show has been grinding for years, and like you I kept watching, it’s kind of nice to be off wheel now.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3401
Joined  21-10-2016

12 December 2017 17:07

GAD - 12 December 2017 04:59 PM

Did anyone watch this past Sunday’s episode?  IMO, the writing has been going downhill somewhat; stuff happens that doesn’t make much sense.  And now they’re killing off another favourite character—this one I thought unlikely to get it.  But for some reason, I keep on watching ...

Can’t watch now since I cut the cord and AMC requires you to pay for cable to watch them. But this show has been grinding for years, and like you I kept watching, it’s kind of nice to be off wheel now.

Do you still watch Z Nation?

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17604
Joined  15-02-2008

12 December 2017 18:10

Jan_CAN - 12 December 2017 05:07 PM

Do you still watch Z Nation?

Love it! Better the TWD, stuff actually happens, that show is crazy fun! Like AMC I can’t watch now without cable but I will pick up season 4 on DVD or if I’m lucky Amazon or Netflix will pick it up.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21577
Joined  11-03-2007

14 December 2017 10:58

It has really jumped the shark.  The Kingdom people and the garbage people were stupid, Darryl looks lost and confused, and Rick is a sniveling wimp - always getting captured and beaten up.  I wish the walker had bitten him instead of Carl, who was a more interesting character.  Now that it looks like he’s a gonner, we only have Carol to save us from total suckiness.

But like you, Jan, I continue to watch.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

14 December 2017 16:57

EN - 14 December 2017 10:58 AM

It has really jumped the shark.  The Kingdom people and the garbage people were stupid, Darryl looks lost and confused, and Rick is a sniveling wimp - always getting captured and beaten up.  I wish the walker had bitten him instead of Carl, who was a more interesting character.  Now that it looks like he’s a gonner, we only have Carol to save us from total suckiness.

But like you, Jan, I continue to watch.

Yeah ... and they’ve had several opportunities to kill Negan that weren’t taken.  Almost everyone seems to be getting stupider.  As you point out, EN, the characters are changing – it seems to me in a way that doesn’t seem true-to-character.  (The acting is still good though.)  But this is too much – not Carl!

Maybe we can’t stop ourselves from wanting to know how it all turns out.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3322
Joined  26-03-2013

15 December 2017 07:09

I think The Walking Dead has steadily improved over the years.  You folks weren’t expecting a happy ending, in a Zombie apocalypse, were ya?  Killing off original cast members only gives it more credibility.  Also, I’m pretty sure they’re staying true to the comic book version storyline as closely as possible.  Carl hasn’t yet turned and I’m inclined to think they have something special in store in that sewer, although, it’s simply a matter of time until he is reduced to flashbacks.  I don’t wanna overstate this, but, Negan is one of the best villains ever in the history of everything.  Creating characters worth rooting for means nothing without developing the opposing antagonist standing in their way.  A real hateful bastard.  Then it’s all the sweeter when they die.  The PTSD and malnourishment may be contributing to their intellectual demise although they seem to be holding up quite well, all things considered.  Admittedly, I prefer watching humans killing zombies to humans killing humans and watching that Tiger rip into those zombies was awesome.  The thing that bugs me about the series is the ease with which the vehicles start up.  I highly suspect that gasoline would’ve been long compromised by now.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21577
Joined  11-03-2007

15 December 2017 08:48

My biggest beefs are 1) Rick is a lousy leader and a wimp, and I’m sick of him; and 2) while the premise is unrealistic to begin with, they don’t have to continue adding layers of unreality over it like the kingdom group and the garbage group.  Zombies are enough.  Yes, Negan is a great villain, and we are looking forward to him being killed in nasty ways (I hope they don’t end up having him convert to a nice guy).  I want more Carol-going-postal, Maggie revenge, Darryl kicking ass, and Carl turning psycho.  Now Carl is about to go to that great zombie paradise in the sky, so that is one interesting character that won’t have any more development.  I want WWIII against the Saviors and then WWZ against the walkers, then wrap it up. I think they are trying to string this out too long.

And yes, the gasoline should be long gone.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

15 December 2017 16:10

Yeah, I was expecting, or rather hoping, that certain of the main/original characters would survive (e.g. Glen and Carl).  From the brief snippets I’ve seen of The Talking Dead, it sounds like they’ve veered off from the comics.  In last week’s TTD show it was said that Carl’s outcome would follow the usual path.

Although it would be expected that people’s behaviour would change over time in such a world, in some cases it seems to go astray.  At this point, I don’t think it fits that Rick has become wimpy, again.  A while ago, Darryl was becoming more of a leader, and now he’s kind of fading back.  There seems to be a lot of back-and-forth with characters’ behaviour rather than a believable evolving, IMO.

I kinda like King Ezekiel and the Kingdom, but I don’t think the garbage people add anything to the show and are just annoying.  I quite like Jesus (which means he’ll probably be killed off soon).  Like EN, I also want to see Carol and Darryl get bad-ass again, and Maggie get revenge.  As you say LadyJane, Negan is a great villain which will make it all the sweeter when he gets it.

Not only would the gasoline be long gone/degraded, but medications should no longer be effective, and Darryl’s cigarettes would be awfully stale.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

15 December 2017 17:40

Premise for a TWD spinoff:

Rick had another of his ‘great’ plans.  He managed to kill Negan, but everyone else also got killed off except for Carol, Darryl, Maggie, Jesus and Judith.  The small group decides they’ve had enough of Georgia.  They head North. 

First season (Carolinas & Virginia):  Make new friends, meet a bunch of bad guys, new friends get killed, Maggie has Glen’s baby (she calls him Hershel Glen).  Darryl takes on the role as li’l ass-kicker’s dad.

Second season (Pennsylvania):  Make new friends, meet a bunch of bad guys, new friends get killed, Maggie and Jesus fall in love.

Third season (New York):  Make new friends, meet a bunch of bad guys, new friends get killed, Carol and Darryl have a thing. 

Fourth season:  The group finds a boat, crosses Lake Ontario and ends up in the Canadian Thousand Islands.  There they find that all the Walkers disintegrated in the snow the very first winter of the apocalypse (which is a really good thing because there weren’t many guns).  They have their pick of islands with luxury mansions.  They find other small groups.  No bad guys (psychopaths don’t function well in parkas and touques).

The End.  (A zombie apocalypse with a happy ending.)

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

15 December 2017 17:48

Jesus is gay.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

15 December 2017 17:50

LadyJane - 15 December 2017 05:48 PM

Jesus is gay.

No way!!!  I think he has a thing for Maggie.

[ Edited: 15 December 2017 17:53 by Jan_CAN]

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

15 December 2017 18:14

Jan_CAN - 15 December 2017 05:50 PM

Jesus is gay.

Jesus made subtle mention of it in a conversation with Maggie.  I thought they shared a spark as well.  I hope this doesn’t compel you to alter your “happy ending” version of the story.

It sure is fun to say though.  So I’ll say it again.

Jesus is gay.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

15 December 2017 18:58

LadyJane - 15 December 2017 06:14 PM
Jan_CAN - 15 December 2017 05:50 PM

Jesus is gay.

Jesus made subtle mention of it in a conversation with Maggie.  I thought they shared a spark as well.  I hope this doesn’t compel you to alter your “happy ending” version of the story.

It sure is fun to say though.  So I’ll say it again.

Jesus is gay.

Haha.  I can see how that would be fun.

But I don’t remember that conversation with Maggie.  Are you sure?  The way he looks at her ... it seemed like it was being set up as a possibility.

[ Edited: 16 December 2017 07:43 by Jan_CAN]

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

15 December 2017 20:05

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

25 February 2018 15:51

A little reminder to those who like to watch, or can’t stop themselves from watching, The Walking Dead - the next part of the season starts up tonight (February 25).

But it’s probably going to be too sad - please, not Carl too!

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›