Well ... that was disappointing.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  20100
Joined  11-03-2007

16 April 2018 04:44

Jan_CAN - 15 April 2018 07:55 PM

Yeah.  I agree with Maggie -‘should have let Negan die.  When you have the snake cornered, kill him.  Now she is going to lead a faction against Rick.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  1942
Joined  21-10-2016

16 April 2018 07:34

EN - 16 April 2018 04:44 AM
Jan_CAN - 15 April 2018 07:55 PM

Yeah.  I agree with Maggie -‘should have let Negan die.  When you have the snake cornered, kill him.  Now she is going to lead a faction against Rick.

Yup, the scale of Negan’s crimes are beyond forgiveness and he will always be a threat.  I can understand forgiveness and amnesty for any of the non-psycho Saviors though.

Although Rick has some leadership abilities, he makes lots of mistakes.  (Which of course leads to some good drama.)  If his goal is to create a more just world, perhaps a Rick-dictatorship is not the best solution.  If he wants to keep his people unified, it’s probably time for a more democratic/committee approach, as was done for a time at the prison and at Alexandria when Deanna was alive.

I was a little puzzled by the last scene with Maggie when they were discussing going against Rick; Jesus was in attendance, and up to this point he has been making a case for mercy/non-violence.  It also seems quite out-of-character for Maggie to act in a conspiring manner rather than out in the open.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

16 April 2018 09:49

Jan_CAN - 16 April 2018 07:34 AM

I was a little puzzled by the last scene with Maggie when they were discussing going against Rick; Jesus was in attendance, and up to this point he has been making a case for mercy/non-violence.  It also seems quite out-of-character for Maggie to act in a conspiring manner rather than out in the open.

Her hatred for Negan for murdering Glen is overpowering.  It consumes her, and she has this sense of justice that is being denied by Rick’s mercy stance.  She was willing to play along while the fight was going on, but once Rick let Negan live, it was all over.  That is what pushed her over the edge.  I’m not sure about Jesus and Daryl in this scene.  I wonder if Jesus is going to rat on Maggie. And Daryl let Dwight live, so I’m not sure what his beef is with Rick.  It’s confusing.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

16 April 2018 12:16

EN - 16 April 2018 09:49 AM
Jan_CAN - 16 April 2018 07:34 AM

Her hatred for Negan for murdering Glen is overpowering.  It consumes her, and she has this sense of justice that is being denied by Rick’s mercy stance.  She was willing to play along while the fight was going on, but once Rick let Negan live, it was all over.  That is what pushed her over the edge.  I’m not sure about Jesus and Daryl in this scene.  I wonder if Jesus is going to rat on Maggie. And Daryl let Dwight live, so I’m not sure what his beef is with Rick.  It’s confusing.

I think you’re right – Maggie’s been pushed over the edge.  The simplest solution, rather than some secret plan, would be for Maggie to just take matters into her own hands and kill Negan.  (But simple solutions don’t provide interesting plot lines.)

I don’t think Jesus would rat on Maggie as they appear to have a special connection/friendship.  (I initially thought it was romantic before LJ pointed out he’s gay, which I missed.)  I think Daryl let Dwight live because he recognizes that Dwight has remorse and did try to make amends, but still wants him gone because he can’t forgive him for killing Denise.  As Daryl is more of a ‘pragmatic’ type, I can see how he’d agree with Maggie about Negan.  Perhaps these three together would be the best leaders, which I guess is the point that’s being pursued here.  But, yes, it’s confusing.

I guess we’ll just have to wait-and-see, again, and so will have to continue to tune in even if we find the time taken to resolve some storylines tries our patience.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

16 April 2018 13:11

Jan_CAN - 16 April 2018 12:16 PM

I don’t think Jesus would rat on Maggie as they appear to have a special connection/friendship.  (I initially thought it was romantic before LJ pointed out he’s gay, which I missed.)

Jesus and Maggie - I guess there’s an historical precedent for that!

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

16 April 2018 13:22

EN - 16 April 2018 01:11 PM
Jan_CAN - 16 April 2018 12:16 PM

I don’t think Jesus would rat on Maggie as they appear to have a special connection/friendship.  (I initially thought it was romantic before LJ pointed out he’s gay, which I missed.)

Jesus and Maggie - I guess there’s an historical precedent for that!

Haha ... yes there is!

‹ First  < 2 3 4