Good luck everyone !

Magda

Magda
Total Posts:  633
Joined  01-12-2014

06 November 2016 01:45

Hi, my American and Canadian friends

Best of luck with your election on Tuesday. I hope it works out favourably for you, i.e Trump doesn’t get voted in as President of the United States of America (ffs). I have to catch my breath each time I think of that possibility, the fact that it is even is a possibility and still can’t quite believe it has got this far. What happened? I hope you don’t have the awful scare we had in the UK with the Brexit vote - the shock on people’s faces as you walked down the street next day, the atmosphere, it was just dreadful. I’m sure you won’t though and we can all breathe the most massive sigh of relief that’s its all over.

Not sure of the timings for the results but I’ll check in here from time to time to get all your reactions.

I do have a spare room (available at a reasonable rate) should it not work out favourably!

burt

burt
Total Posts:  14947
Joined  17-12-2006

06 November 2016 08:21

Magda - 06 November 2016 01:45 AM

Hi, my American and Canadian friends

Best of luck with your election on Tuesday. I hope it works out favourably for you, i.e Trump doesn’t get voted in as President of the United States of America (ffs). I have to catch my breath each time I think of that possibility, the fact that it is even is a possibility and still can’t quite believe it has got this far. What happened? I hope you don’t have the awful scare we had in the UK with the Brexit vote - the shock on people’s faces as you walked down the street next day, the atmosphere, it was just dreadful. I’m sure you won’t though and we can all breathe the most massive sigh of relief that’s its all over.

Not sure of the timings for the results but I’ll check in here from time to time to get all your reactions.

I do have a spare room (available at a reasonable rate) should it not work out favourably!

If Trump wins you can bet you’ll see lots of walking Zombies on Nov. 9. Fortunately, Canada will be somewhat isolated from the virus, although I’ll be in Arizona for a couple of months so will have to keep head down. On the other hand, Hillary could win and then… As a locker room conversation went the other day: Just think, if Hillary wins there will be fifty million angry maniacs with guns running around; and if Trump wins there will be fifty million angry maniacs with guns running around with permission.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  2135
Joined  21-10-2016

08 November 2016 04:08

Hello to my (anti-Trump) American friends,

My sincerest hopes for a favourable outcome in the election today.

Many of your Canadian neighbours are watching with bated breath.

Jan

[ Edited: 08 November 2016 04:10 by Jan_CAN]

Ola

Ola
Total Posts:  1107
Joined  12-07-2016

08 November 2016 04:23

Good luck from Ireland. A recent and respected poll here had the Irish split 86% - 6% in favour of a Clinton presidency, or maybe we should say anti a Trump presidency. So we’re watching with interest.