New Movement: Logic as Core Value (Discussion)

Numb11

Numb11
Total Posts:  1
Joined  24-11-2016

24 November 2016 13:26

Hello. I’ve come across an interesting movement recently and since I’m a fan of Sam’s I thought to myself it would be interesting to get an opinion of like minded people in this forum. If I’ve chosen the wrong place (General Discussion) to post this, I apologize.

Introduction:
The movement I’m talking about got started from an longtime internet persona called “Athene”. He used to be a world of warcraft player and did gaming videos on his youtube channel years ago, before he started becoming a philanthropist and raising money by gaming for “Save the children”. Due to his damaged background, many people quickly dismiss everything surrounding him when he’s talking about more serious topics. I want everybody who knows him to still keep an open mind about this.

Main:
The movement he started is called “clicking”. He did several videos about it and got a lot of hate, since it’s very thought provoking and the youtube audience is not quite the perfect place for more profound conversations. The main videos I can recommend watching before starting a discussion here would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drcseH-7hpw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDw73rToPE

His claims are pretty big. He claims that he was able to reprogramm his inner core value (as he describes it) from being “comfort” to being “logical”. According to him everything he does after his “clicking” is logical (becoming vegan, helping humanity, being productiv etc.). He talks about how most people nowadays do everything to please their core value (it being comfort). All decisions made have that end goal. For example: earning money in order to be secure and feel comfortable.

End:
Since english isn’t my first language it’s a bit hard for me to explain his claim and his movement better. I am not convinced by his claims and it sometimes even seems like a cult. Therefore I remain critical. I just wanted to get an input from a different community.

His Twitch Stream where the guy streams daily and explains his movement: https://www.twitch.tv/athenelive

Cheers,
Numb

gilkai

gilkai
Total Posts:  15
Joined  12-11-2016

25 November 2016 09:37

What there is to be discussed? I didn’t know about these videos or cult or whatever but if you think like-minded people will read a thread about “a movement called clicking”, you are completely delusional. I mean, let’s be serious. You say his claims are very big, but is there anything new in knowing that you can value logic a lot? Because that’s what you say. I find it so funny that people come up with so-called crazy ideas when they have been around for decades. Make yourself a favor and just think for yourself instead of believing in everything you find on the internet.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6255
Joined  08-12-2006

25 November 2016 09:48

You’re not Niklas’s sister, are you?

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  2820
Joined  26-03-2013

25 November 2016 09:59

Antisocialdarwinist - 25 November 2016 09:48 AM

You’re not Niklas’s sister, are you?

Ha ha!  I thought the same thing.

Numb11

Numb11
Total Posts:  1
Joined  24-11-2016

25 November 2016 12:26

gilkai - 25 November 2016 09:37 AM

What there is to be discussed? I didn’t know about these videos or cult or whatever but if you think like-minded people will read a thread about “a movement called clicking”, you are completely delusional. I mean, let’s be serious. You say his claims are very big, but is there anything new in knowing that you can value logic a lot? Because that’s what you say. I find it so funny that people come up with so-called crazy ideas when they have been around for decades. Make yourself a favor and just think for yourself instead of believing in everything you find on the internet.

I never claimed that I believed in this “clicking”, don’t put that on me. I merely wanted an open conversation about a rising cult-like group. I see from the responses that there’s no conversation to be held, Thanks for taking time though.

Chaz

Chaz
Total Posts:  115
Joined  24-02-2018

25 February 2018 15:04

I was bored and gave this a listen. I have a lot of advice and disagreement. All the claim and details he gave before mentioning it helps to believe in god but he didn’t say that wasn’t necessary stood out like a sore thumb. Cut all of that and just start with how he defines logic and that’d be a vast improvement.

The way he presents his ideas is too cutting. He’s verbally limiting his audience to the people who don’t feel cut out. And he starts cutting too quick. He needs to consider the audience being skeptical before they start listening.

I have to admit I understood the point. It’s actually the same message, told by everyone that ever cared about society, just in his own way. So there’s no value to it above all the ones that already exist.

Yeah I have a lot of advice and disagreement