‹ First  < 3 4 5

Poll: How much do you enjoy the Christmas season?

I enjoy everything about the Christmas season.

I enjoy some aspects of the season (e.g. family/friend gatherings, gift giving).

I don’t enjoy much about Christmas, but it doesn’t affect me.

I find the Christmas season to be stressful.

Bah humbug.

Christmas - love it, or not (a Poll)

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5805
Joined  22-02-2005

22 December 2016 17:01

The Christmas Spirit is diminishing in this house like warmth through a leaky window.

We did a black Christmas with a black tree with black decorations. We did Kitchen Christmas where the house was dressed with kitchen utensils and ladies underwear. Alas, there are no children in this family and the oomph is all spent.

This year, our tree is a small cone-shaped bottle brush with an LED and a bit of tin foil.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  2071
Joined  21-10-2016

22 December 2016 17:25

Nhoj Morley - 22 December 2016 05:01 PM

The Christmas Spirit is diminishing in this house like warmth through a leaky window.

We did a black Christmas with a black tree with black decorations. We did Kitchen Christmas where the house was dressed with kitchen utensils and ladies underwear. Alas, there are no children in this family and the oomph is all spent.

This year, our tree is a small cone-shaped bottle brush with an LED and a bit of tin foil.

Ahh ... how sad.  But at least you did some decorating.  My guess is that black decorations would look classier than all that red and green stuff.
Merry Christmas, Nhoj!

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Total Posts:  6571
Joined  15-05-2009

22 December 2016 21:21

I just came home from watching the play, A Christmas Carol.  It is amazingly secular for a Xmas story.  Scrooge learns that if he continues in his selfish, crotchety ways, Tiny Tim will die for want and Scrooge himself will die derided.  So he has a change of heart. 

At the end of the play, TT exclaimed his famous line, “God bless us, every one!”  One of the other characters on stage then turned to the audience and encouraged us to echo the line in unison.  Everyone did, but me.  Egads, I’m a stubborn one.

d0rkyd00d

d0rkyd00d
Total Posts:  389
Joined  15-03-2016

23 December 2016 10:24

I was raised a Jehovah’s Witness from about age 7 until I was 15.  So there was a period when I was really young, when I had Christmas, and a long stretch where I didn’t.  The experience has given me an extra appreciation for holidays and tradition.  Count me as one who is comfortably soaking in the bathwater after disposing of the baby.

‹ First  < 3 4 5