< 1 2 3 4 > 

I Can Bend Spoons With My Mind

sojourner

sojourner
Total Posts:  5970
Joined  09-11-2012

01 February 2017 12:53

saralynn - 01 February 2017 05:52 AM

Jan & NL,  I REALLY can bend spoons with my mind in the way I have described!  How, in Latin, does one say,  “No shit!” 

I am pathetic, but not sooooo pathetic that I would make this up on an Internet Forum just to get attention.  Maybe when I was 16, but not now.  Okay, maybe when I was 46

I am amazing myself.  First I started with teaspoons.  Then I progressed to soup spoons.  Now I am working on serving spoons.  I can also bend forks, but am able to “become one” with spoons more easily.  I think forks are vaguely masculine and my sexual impulses distract me.  Spoons are very maternal.  I cuddle with them in my mind.  IOW, I “spoon” with them.  If you are alarmed, I imagine myself embracing the spoon and not the spoon embracing me.

Okay, the last part of the above paragraph is a joke.  In reality, I just sort of merge with the spoon in my mind. Tat Tvam Asi

Well, I dunno, there is a strange logic to it. I find it vaguely weird that when you buy USB cords and plugs you must buy ‘male’ and ‘female’ ones, with the assumption that every time you plug in your iPod you are witnessing some sort of “USB sex” act of insertion. But obviously the idea of prongs and curvatures as Freudian symbols resonated with enough people in manufacturing to make these the official names.

BTW, Obviously, I only use stainless steel utensils and I test them to make sure that I can’t bend them before I go into my mini-trance.  Then I do my focusing thing, and zip…I can bend them.  If you decide to try it, don’t use your thumbs as a lever because that, in the spoon bending biz, is considered cheating.

Spoon bending is an interesting phenomenon. I know next to nothing about it, but I think (if I remember correctly) Michael Shermer once did a video where he presumably aimed to debunk spoon bending, but in the end he wasn’t able to bend the spoon before the class instruction but then was able to bend it after whatever mind technique they taught him. And he’s a skeptic who presumably wanted them to be totally wrong about the whole thing. Of course he still said it must have been fake, that it must have been due to the adrenaline of being in a class and feeling the pressure of trying to complete a task with others watching or something, but that’s kind of an unprovable rationalization after the fact. Maybe it’s like how they teach you to break boards and concrete with your hand in karate? Isn’t that some technique of physical action combined with focus and concentration as well?

saralynn

saralynn
Total Posts:  9286
Joined  29-01-2010

01 February 2017 13:16

The spiritual healer who taught me this told me that children and skeptics are the best at bending spoons.  Spiritual people get too tense because they feel like they are being tested.  You know, the more spiritual are, the more easily you can bend the spoon. She claims that by focusing on the spoon, you speed up the quanta and they whiz around so fast it softens the spoon so you can bend it.

This strikes me as a remote possibility, but, she claims that she has healed at least a thousand people by zapping them, which, I am fairly certain, is the placebo effect, but, hey, the chick is rich and I am going to emulate her.  Spiritually healing shall be my second career because I obviously have a gift for it. I only hope that a lot of people don’t suffer from hemorrhoids or post nasal drip.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3292
Joined  26-03-2013

01 February 2017 14:05

sojourner

sojourner
Joined  09-11-2012

01 February 2017 16:34

LadyJane - 01 February 2017 02:05 PM

Get Bent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxSNuIx4m5k

Those are cool tricks if you’re doing a magic show and know you’re ‘cheating’ by using your thumb, but I still think Shermer is surprisingly mute on how people do it for ‘themselves’, when they know they aren’t cheating. Again, while it’s not something I’ve given a ton of thought to, if people can, with proper training and knowledge, chop concrete blocks in half with their hand, walk on coals, juggle chainsaws and swallow fire, I don’t think it’s so strange to think they could bend spoons with their fingertips.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3298
Joined  21-10-2016

01 February 2017 16:47

saralynn - 01 February 2017 05:52 AM

Jan & NL,  I REALLY can bend spoons with my mind in the way I have described!  How, in Latin, does one say,  “No shit!”

Hey, just like I said before – she’s not going to admit it’s all for fun, which of course means more fun.

I am pathetic, but not sooooo pathetic that I would make this up on an Internet Forum just to get attention.  Maybe when I was 16, but not now.  Okay, maybe when I was 46

And maybe at 66?  And maybe to give everyone a laugh, and laugh yourself that some may think, that you actually think, you can bend spoons.

As, I said, I think it must have something to do with self-hypnosis;, however, when I am fanciful, I imagine the chi surging around in my body and into my hands. If that doesn’t work, then I imagine chai surging around in my body and into my hands

As pointed out in the link from LJ, why would you have to touch the spoon if you’re bending it with your mind?

I have no idea who that guy is in my avatar.  One day, when I was trying to insert a really cool image of a sunrise or tulip or blue phlegm,  this guy’s picture appeared on the page.

That’s hilarious.  Okay, so for years you’ve had an avatar of some unknown guy, caused by some kind of computer glitch, and you just left it?  Didn’t delete or try to replace it – just left it.  Trying to think of a word for this:  weird (no), odd (not quite), eccentric (perhaps) ... still thinking ...

BTW, Obviously, I only use stainless steel utensils and I test them to make sure that I can’t bend them before I go into my mini-trance.  Then I do my focusing thing, and zip…I can bend them.  If you decide to try it, don’t use your thumbs as a lever because that, in the spoon bending biz, is considered cheating.

I’d like to see you bend a spoon made out of titanium.

saralynn

saralynn
Total Posts:  9286
Joined  29-01-2010

01 February 2017 17:20

This is a video of my personal quantum energy healer. She teaches classes.  I think there is still room in her next class

http://ellennation.com/34579/quantum-spoon-bending-#1

sojourner

sojourner
Joined  09-11-2012

01 February 2017 18:03

saralynn - 01 February 2017 05:20 PM

This is a video of my personal quantum energy healer. She teaches classes.  I think there is still room in her next class

I must say, I’m very impressed with her presentation! I was expecting crystals and a breathy voice, not great hair and a no-nonsense, “just us girls talking but professional nonetheless” style. What is she selling again? Stella and Dot? Younique? Other dimensions? I’m already convinced by her perky cardigan, where’s an order form?

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3298
Joined  21-10-2016

01 February 2017 18:05

saralynn - 01 February 2017 05:20 PM

I want to go to a class!  This video totally convinced me because:

- She took the fork out of a plastic bag from a box, which absolutely proves that it was new and untampered with.
- She showed how very thick the fork was.
- She demonstrated, with flexed muscles, how the fork was impossible to bend manually – very convincing.
- It has a science-word in its name – the quantum spin technique – so it must be a real thing.
- The technique has an “incubation stage” and involves “Neuro Linguistic Programming” – wow, that sounds exciting.
- And she has nothing to gain – after all, it’s only $55 per person per class.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6373
Joined  31-01-2012

02 February 2017 06:25

I just can’t get over that you really don’t know who that pudgy dude is in your avatar? He’s really hideous.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15808
Joined  17-12-2006

02 February 2017 10:37

saralynn - 30 January 2017 09:51 AM

Yep….and forks.  Not just tea spoons, but soup spoons and larger.  You test them first to make sure you can’t bend them, then you do the procedure.I am working up to a shovel.

A “spiritual healer’ taught me how to do this.  It basically involves focusing your full attention on the spoon until you become “one” with it.

Then, you pick it up and bend it, but you have to be careful to not use your thumbs because that acts as a lever and is cheating You bend it into the shape of a V.  Now, this this spiritual healer can twist the spoon around itself, but I haven’t mastered that.

She told me that, with my attention, I am actually molding the steel in the spoon.  This strikes me as dubious.  If I could do that, I’d be off to collect $1,000,000 from the Amazing Randi

If is obviously a self-hypnosis thing, but it blows my mind.  People are coming from far and wide with their spoons. I have a pile of bent spoons up to my knees.

I am trying to think of a useful way to exploit this talent, but I am baffled.

Any suggestions?

Be careful, when you become one with the spoon, sometimes it’s hard to come back to yourself. I know one guy who was bending forks and became so in unity with a fork that he became one and got lost in a drawer of kitchen utensils. Much better to become one with a young sexy body, although I’m still working on the degree of attention and focus required for that.

sojourner

sojourner
Joined  09-11-2012

02 February 2017 12:18

burt - 02 February 2017 10:37 AM

Be careful, when you become one with the spoon, sometimes it’s hard to come back to yourself. I know one guy who was bending forks and became so in unity with a fork that he became one and got lost in a drawer of kitchen utensils. Much better to become one with a young sexy body, although I’m still working on the degree of attention and focus required for that.

I do worry about that, because saralynn can be overly empathic or suggestible or whatever you want to call it, and since I’m the same way I know the dangers of accidentally Vulcan Mind Melding with things. It’s a concern for me recently as my latest fascination is Putin and my ongoing fascination is still Buddhism, so I worry that at some point I’m going to be overwhelmed by the urge to take over Crimea and repurpose it as a giant silent retreat center, which would probably work out poorly for me. So far I have simply developed a sudden love of organizing everything in sight and a craving for meaty stews (which then cause me to go “Bleh! Ick! How the fuck did I end up with a meaty stew for dinner, where is the nutritionally balanced bag of Smart Pop that I usually eat?!” when my ego reemerges from la la land.), but the minute I feel the urge to annex my coworkers office I plan on telling my mind that it simply must find a new fascination of the moment, suggestible people can only read about nefarious types for so long, interesting or no. Or kitchen utensils. At this rate it’s only a matter of time before she plunges into a strangers creme brûlée at dinner one night.

sojourner

sojourner
Joined  09-11-2012

04 February 2017 21:19

Goddamn it. My latest fascination just poisoned my neighbor (I did not realize he lived a few miles down the road from me until reading about him, but now that I know this, it just seems like a surreally bizarre thing to say. Seriously? Fuck you Putin, I don’t care how embattled and threatened you are, get your goddamn murderous impulses under control. Christ on a cracker. Say what you want about the US, it doesn’t go around poisoning your neighbors.) And now saralynn has disappeared again, possibly because we weren’t enthusiastic enough about spoon bending. I believe you saralynn! I totally think you can bend spoons with your mind, don’t disappear again! Le sigh. Now I am depressed.

Shareen Othman

Shareen Othman
Total Posts:  1
Joined  27-02-2017

27 February 2017 13:11

saralynn - 30 January 2017 09:51 AM

Yep….and forks.  Not just tea spoons, but soup spoons and larger.  You test them first to make sure you can’t bend them, then you do the procedure.I am working up to a shovel.

A “spiritual healer’ taught me how to do this.  It basically involves focusing your full attention on the spoon until you become “one” with it.

Then, you pick it up and bend it, but you have to be careful to not use your thumbs because that acts as a lever and is cheating You bend it into the shape of a V.  Now, this this spiritual healer can twist the spoon around itself, but I haven’t mastered that.

She told me that, with my attention, I am actually molding the steel in the spoon.  This strikes me as dubious.  If I could do that, I’d be off to collect $1,000,000 from the Amazing Randi

If is obviously a self-hypnosis thing, but it blows my mind.  People are coming from far and wide with their spoons. I have a pile of bent spoons up to my knees.

I am trying to think of a useful way to exploit this talent, but I am baffled.

Any suggestions?

I highly recommend reading this book!

Mental Magic: Spoon bending, mind reading, clairvoyance//ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=shareenothman-20&l=am2&o=1&a=384232670X

It will help you find the way to achieve your goal.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15808
Joined  17-12-2006

27 February 2017 14:45

Bending spoons with your mind is nothing. I have photographic evidence of my wife and the wife of a good friend hanging spoons from their nose in a restaurant that charged us $125 apiece for a Valentines Day meal.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21484
Joined  11-03-2007

27 February 2017 14:59

I made saralynn disappear with my mind. I have her hidden in an undisclosed location.

< 1 2 3 4 >