Adam Curtis Hypernormalisation

Threads

Threads
Total Posts:  9
Joined  20-11-2015

04 February 2017 14:49

Anyone a fan of Curtis’ work?: Century of the Self, The Trap, All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace…

This is his latest work and it’s interesting.

I apologize but I don’t see an video embed options so here is the link to it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM

Ola

Ola
Total Posts:  1107
Joined  12-07-2016

05 February 2017 02:00

Thanks. I loved “All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace”.

Ola

Ola
Joined  12-07-2016

05 February 2017 07:26

Ok, I’ve watched “Hypernormalisation” now on this link https://youtu.be/f9m2yReECak because the original one is not working, (and I don’t know if this version is the complete film as it suddenly cuts off at the end).

... and it was fantastic.

So much food for thought that my brain is tripping.
smile Thanks again.

Gadf.li

Gadf.li
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-05-2017

09 May 2017 10:09

Sam should really have Adam Curtis on the podcast.  They are both focused on many of the same consequential issues but have different approaches.  Sam emphasizes the religious factors that have caused the Middle East crises, while Adam Curtis emphasizes the global foreign policy factors, while recognizing the role of religion.  Both sets of factors are necessary, and together they are sufficient to explain the crises, but neither is sufficient alone, and the fact that both Sam and Adam recognize both factors, have researched this topic substantially, and come out with slightly different viewpoints while recognizing the same set of facts, would lead to valuable discussion.

Ola

Ola
Joined  12-07-2016

09 May 2017 10:14

Gadf.li - 09 May 2017 10:09 AM

Sam should really have Adam Curtis on the podcast.  They are both focused on many of the same consequential issues but have different approaches.  Sam emphasizes the religious factors that have caused the Middle East crises, while Adam Curtis emphasizes the global foreign policy factors, while recognizing the role of religion.  Both sets of factors are necessary, and together they are sufficient to explain the crises, but neither is sufficient alone, and the fact that both Sam and Adam recognize both factors, have researched this topic substantially, and come out with slightly different viewpoints while recognizing the same set of facts, would lead to valuable discussion.

I think that’s a great suggestion. You should try to mention it to him via email and Twitter as I don’t know that he’d see it here.

[ Edited: 09 May 2017 10:27 by Ola]