Reality is Schizoid?

Iacchus

Iacchus
Total Posts:  30
Joined  04-02-2017

09 February 2017 00:53

Did somebody say schizophrenia? . . . Well, since the Universe alone doesn’t know crap and, human beings tend to think they know everything, that I would think – because the Universe DOESN’T THINK? – AHA! :D – is the basis for schizophrenia! Not unless we could find a way to reconcile ourselves with God? . . .

Hey, check this out! . . .

Wilson Van Dusen: The Presence of Spirits in Madness . . .

[ Edited: 09 February 2017 19:41 by Iacchus]

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  01-11-2014

09 February 2017 16:12

Iacchus - 09 February 2017 12:53 AM

Well, since the Universe alone doesn’t know crap and, human beings tend to think they know everything, that I would think – heh, because the Universe DOESN’T THINK?

The universe DOES THINK.

It is not possible to separate humanity from the universe. All humans can think. Every property that we possess is also part of this universe, including thinking.

Your thoughts are an expression of the universe thinking.

Iacchus

Iacchus
Joined  04-02-2017

09 February 2017 20:27

Our thoughts are definitely an expression of Something! Except the Universe pretty much behaves like an automaton and, automatons don’t think, no more than a zombie thinks! What we are looking for here is a transcendent property of time and space say, like the relation between the mind and the brain? If, however, you insist on conflating the two, as if they were one and the same, then no, I guess you won’t get it? . . .

Iacchus

Iacchus
Joined  04-02-2017

09 February 2017 20:56

And, of course, as noted in the OP, we might find other presences there (in our mind) other than our own! :D

socratus

socratus
Total Posts:  203
Joined  28-05-2015

05 March 2018 01:01

Iacchus - 09 February 2017 12:53 AM

Did somebody say schizophrenia? . . .
Well, since the Universe alone doesn’t know crap and, human beings tend to think they know everything,
that I would think – because the Universe DOESN’T THINK?
– AHA! :D – is the basis for schizophrenia! Not unless we could find a way to reconcile ourselves with God? . . .

Hey, check this out! . . .

“ Quantum mechanics] describes nature as absurd from the point of view
of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment.
So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd.”
/ Richard P. Feynman /

So . . .  ‘’ . . . you can accept nature as She is - absurd.”  / Richard P. Feynman /