Pertaining to the “Recommended” section on this website

isamad

isamad
Total Posts:  91
Joined  19-10-2016

18 February 2017 06:39

Hello folks! There is something I am wondering about and is kinda bothering me. I would like to discuss it here, hoping that you guys will come up with something that will put me at ease. So while I mention it, I will try my best to stick to the rules of this forum, and hopefully, I don’t violate any. So in the “Recommended” section on this website, I see that Sam mentioned that 50% of the revenue generated by his Amazon Affiliates account goes to charity. I regularly purchase Amazon Kindle books to read through this website (from which I have quoted on some of my forum posts), hoping that I am contributing something to charity (I don’t do zakat, sadaqah or fitra by the way). But now I am wondering: why not donate 100% of the revenues generated through the Affiliates account to charity? Is Sam being fair by donating only 50%? And if you guys can help me figure this out, which method of purchasing books through Amazon contributes a higher percentage to charity: through this website or directly through Amazon by using the “Amazon smile” feature?

[ Edited: 18 February 2017 06:41 by isamad]

jdrnd

jdrnd
Total Posts:  5882
Joined  25-08-2009

18 February 2017 06:54

medschoolstudent - 18 February 2017 06:39 AM

why not donate 100% of the revenues generated through the Affiliates account to charity?

Because its a business.

isamad

isamad
Total Posts:  91
Joined  19-10-2016

18 February 2017 07:37

jdrnd - 18 February 2017 06:54 AM
medschoolstudent - 18 February 2017 06:39 AM

why not donate 100% of the revenues generated through the Affiliates account to charity?

Because its a business.

Yeah, I guess!!! Anyways, I am really thankful to Sam for the “Recommended” section because I get to know which books are worth reading and investing money on to purchase!