Useful Dzogchen Findings?

KatieStar

KatieStar
Total Posts:  9
Joined  26-11-2016

12 March 2017 14:42

Hello everyone

I thought it might be helpful to have a place to share any helpful findings about Dzogchen teachings.

MINGYUR RINPOCHE
One of Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche’s sons is Mingyur Rinpoche and I have been told that he has a very fresh approach.  On his website it says this:

“In addition to extensive training in the meditative and philosophical traditions of Tibetan Buddhism, Mingyur Rinpoche has also had a lifelong interest in Western science and psychology. At an early age, he began a series of informal discussions with the famed neuroscientist Francisco Varela, who came to Nepal to learn meditation from his father, Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche. Many years later, in 2002, Mingyur Rinpoche and a handful of other long-term meditators were invited to the Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where Richard Davidson, Antoine Lutz, and other scientists examined the effects of meditation on the brains of advanced meditators. The results of this groundbreaking research were reported in many of the world’s most widely read publications, including National Geographic and Time.”

Mingyur Rinpoche
http://tergar.org/about/mingyur-rinpoche/

KatieStar

KatieStar
Total Posts:  9
Joined  26-11-2016

12 March 2017 14:46

EMPTINESS - AUDIO DHARMA
I have also come across audiodharma’s recordings on emptiness by Gay Watson, Gil Fronsdal and Rick Hanson and Rick Mendius.  These have been very beautiful to engage with.  Joseph Goldstein mentioned on one of Sam’s blogs that he prefers the word ‘emptiness’ to non-duality, as ‘non-duality’ instantly implies a separation from duality and so could be said to get us started in the wrong direction.
http://www.audiodharma.org/talks/?search=empty

Mkitto

Mkitto
Total Posts:  2
Joined  18-04-2017

18 April 2017 08:14

I love Mingyur Rinpoche, he seems like a very interesting person for Mr. Harris to have an interview with.  He disappeared from his monastery for four years to live a homeless life practicing mediation.  He is a great teacher.

Ground

Ground
Total Posts:  75
Joined  16-07-2017

31 August 2018 10:36

That’s necessarily the result of the stupid idea of “secular spirituality” brought up by Sam Harris: people end up in the following of religious figures. I heard that Sam Harris even directed people to such religious figures. The alleged secularity of Sam Harris is a big fake. Maybe he is even part of the PR machinery of religious interest groups.