Brother Mario

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8042
Joined  20-02-2006

11 May 2018 11:08

saralynn - 10 May 2018 01:30 PM
unsmoked - 10 May 2018 12:59 PM

Given the drift of stand-up comedy these days, Amy Walters on PBS News-hour thought the White House Correspondents Dinners should give up on having such performances. 

I’d lean toward inviting someone like Tina Fey or Mark Twain.  Tina would have worn a SNL makeup wig to ‘suggest’ Sarah Huckabee Sanders and then simply repeated an actual Sanders Press-Briefing performance thus bringing down the house in gales of laughter.

What if we could see Twain doing, word-for-word, Trump’s rant to his supporters in Michigan re. why he didn’t go to the White House dinner.  (sending the unfortunate Sanders in his stead).

http://www.twainquotes.com/Politics.html

Yeah.  So many possibilities wasted!

Guardian article posted by Icehorse on April 30:  https://www.yahoo.com/news/michelle-wolf-nothing-apologise-her-060004553.html

Though the article supports Wolf’s routine at the dinner, if you play the video you’ll hear the audience groan, not laugh, at the Sanders comments.

[ Edited: 11 May 2018 11:13 by unsmoked]

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1369
Joined  31-10-2015

12 May 2018 12:34

saralynn - 10 May 2018 01:36 PM
nonverbal - 10 May 2018 12:37 PM
saralynn - 10 May 2018 12:20 PM
nonverbal - 10 May 2018 07:28 AM
saralynn - 10 May 2018 06:13 AM

Extreme political correctness is offensive to me.  Very oppressive, indeed.

However, saying a comedian is “tasteless” and “lacks wit” does not mean anything other than this particular comedian seems to me to be tasteless and lacks wit. 

I am not outraged. I am disappointed. 

What course of events might have caused an untalented comedian (in your opinion) to be chosen to perform in a venue that includes such an enormous audience?

The Me, Too movement combined with an error in judgment.

If that doesn’t make some heads explode on this Forum, I haven’t done my job.

So Jerry Seinfeld’s current reluctant to perform on any U.S. campus is a recent decision then? Just trying to clarify.

If you are equating me with obsessively politically correct college students, then you’re mistaken.  I feel like throwing them into a city in Venezuela without a cell phone.

Thanks—then I certainly won’t accuse you of such a thing.

On the other hand, something must have convinced not only Seinfeld, but pretty much all other talented comedians not to appear on stage to perform for otherwise exceptionally bright audiences. I don’t see you as someone who would scream “racist” after hearing old Jerry pontificating mildly on some humorous difference between chopsticks and forks. Right?

saralynn

saralynn
Total Posts:  9274
Joined  29-01-2010

12 May 2018 13:21

nonverbal - 12 May 2018 12:34 PM

However, saying a comedian is “tasteless” and “lacks wit” does not mean anything other than this particular comedian seems to me to be tasteless and lacks wit. 

What course of events might have caused an untalented comedian (in your opinion) to be chosen to perform in a venue that includes such an enormous audience?

So Jerry Seinfeld’s current reluctant to perform on any U.S. campus is a recent decision then? Just trying to clarify.

If you are equating me with obsessively politically correct college students, then you’re mistaken.  I feel like throwing them into a city in Venezuela without a cell phone.

On the other hand, something must have convinced not only Seinfeld, but pretty much all other talented comedians not to appear on stage to perform for otherwise exceptionally bright audiences. I don’t see you as someone who would scream “racist” after hearing old Jerry pontificating mildly on some humorous difference between chopsticks and forks. Right?

No, but I would disapprove of comedic comments about aborting with a fork vs abortion with chopsticks.

BTW, chopsticks would be far superior.

Today all the anchors are shaking their heads in dismay about that woman saying about McCain, “It doesn’t matter; he will be dead soon.”

I felt sorry for her because that is something I might say in jest. 

Extreme political correctness makes me want to become an overt racist, sexist, gay-basher.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Joined  31-10-2015

12 May 2018 13:25

saralynn - 12 May 2018 01:21 PM
nonverbal - 12 May 2018 12:34 PM

No, but I would disapprove of comedic comments about aborting with a fork vs abortion with chopsticks.

BTW, chopsticks would be far superior.

Today all the anchors are shaking their heads in dismay about that woman saying about McCain, “It doesn’t matter; he will be dead soon.”

I felt sorry for her because that is something I might say in jest. 

Extreme political correctness makes me want to become an overt racist, sexist, gay-basher.

Christ Almighty—I’d never say such a thing. You must be evil!

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6151
Joined  31-01-2012

15 May 2018 19:02

Lol.

You ever figure out who that chubby bible salesman in your avatar is?

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15209
Joined  17-12-2006

16 May 2018 10:14
nonverbal

nonverbal
Joined  31-10-2015

16 May 2018 11:46

Jb8989 - 15 May 2018 07:02 PM

Lol.

That’s me. Gonna make something of it?

saralynn

saralynn
Joined  29-01-2010

16 May 2018 14:11

nonverbal - 16 May 2018 11:46 AM
Jb8989 - 15 May 2018 07:02 PM

Lol.

That’s me. Gonna make something of it?

He is my Earth Angel.  He appeared out of nowhere.  He doesn’t do very much, though.  Just my luck…an ineffectual Earth Angel

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6047
Joined  22-02-2005

19 May 2018 18:00

I’m not dead yet. Not yet anyway. “til then we have a deal.

I’ll wake you later.

saralynn

saralynn
Joined  29-01-2010

20 May 2018 09:16

Why isn’t Mario berating us for being shallow? 

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15209
Joined  17-12-2006

20 May 2018 09:49

saralynn - 20 May 2018 09:16 AM

Why isn’t Mario berating us for being shallow?

When you walk on water, you can’t really call others shallow.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  921
Joined  26-02-2017

27 May 2018 05:12

But, Nhoj, when I got notifications from the thread “Mario”, I responded to these posts because they were directed at me, not realizing that the thread was not “Brother Mario” until about the third response. So I never thought you were dead, only that you had allowed me to respond on a thread that had, after all, my name on the marquee.

And so you left this forum in the hands of the idiotic threads where atheists are twisting themselves into knots trying to escape the most logical conclusion that God, a divine intellect responsible for our intellect and existence, is the power behind a “thought”, not our chemically-dependent brain, and is the existence behind our “soul”, not our physically-dependent body.

Your atheism is not so profoundly realized, Nhoj. Everyone here who is an atheist is obviously avoiding any considerations that they simply haven’t spent their time well to learn and experience, but simply catered to their anti-religious bigotry.

If you don’t know the scholastic answers to the big questions, you’re gonna just make shit up, like Hannah’s nonsense about Buddhism having an intellectuality that the three major religions do not because these religions have their eyes on a relationship with “God or gods”.

See, that’s the stupidity of the atheist — leave God out of the conversation and suddenly you’re brilliant.

And Buddhists, who don’t acknowledge God in the traditional sense, suddenly have a rich tradition of intellectual achievements, when the reality is quite the opposite.

And it’s pitiful the way LadyJane is begging you to make my naps permanent so she can make her own sit up and not be noticed for her stoned and bigoted mind like I notice her.  This poor thing is living vicariously through words, putting them together as if the combination of them creates the value in them. One can only imagine what sort of life has ended up so oblivious to its sheer superficiality.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Joined  31-10-2015

27 May 2018 06:52

Wah wah—I’m a cursing preacher who has a right to insult anyone I want with no back-talking from anyone, certainly not some Canadian woman who happens strictly by luck to have a way with words.

Out of feigned modesty, I’ve been reluctant until now to announce to all you #^%*&@# atheists that God Himself each morning, usually while I’m drinking coffee, issues His authority for me to speak my vulgar mind toward the worst of the worst sinners on earth. I take it as a command, and that is why I’m here!

Wah!!!!! God Himself appreciates me. Why can’t anyone here accept that natural fact!?!

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  921
Joined  26-02-2017

27 May 2018 07:42

You do know that you just projected your extremely limited personality upon me, don’t you?

I didn’t curse or preach. And I certainly didn’t write anything that points to me needing the approval of idiots. That you value your approval as something someone would seek is based upon what? You write moronic posts of disjointed opinions, contradicting yourself continuously.

And the atheist thinking that a person claiming to know and love God through a lifetime of being with God is nothing more than a person waking up each morning and making God up in his head is the most moronic thinking on the planet.

It’s the atheist/materialist who is superficially motivated, not the theist, and certainly not the theist who has the experience and education to back up his theism.

You’re projecting your piss-poor humanity upon far better persons.

And you deserve to be insulted because you’re an insult to the God who deserves you to just shut up.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Joined  31-10-2015

27 May 2018 08:42

It was just a little caffeine-inspired ball busting, Mario. You can dish it out, right? . . .

‹ First  < 88 89 90 91 92 >  Last ›