‹ First  < 99 100 101 102 103 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  31-10-2015

10 July 2018 17:51

Let’s get a few things straight, Mario.

1. I’ve long since given up on normal discussion with you.

2. Busting balls seems to be our primary method of communication. I’d assumed this was understood.

3. A mug shot of me would not be pretty and even if it would be pretty, I probably wouldn’t post it here.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  912
Joined  26-02-2017

10 July 2018 18:24

So I’m the problem. You’ve remained open to the possibility that God exists and theism is a benefit to humanity, but I keep making it difficult for you because I’ve been not a normal theist.

So now your only recourse is to talk shit about me on other threads where I can’t respond, or to come to this thread and be a phony dropping little asshole jibes as sincere conversation.

I get it. Sorry. I apologize for sacrificing years of my life in a monastery to learn the truth about God, and getting a scholastic education to share this truth at a higher level.

And thank you for admitting that you have an ugly mug. But I was going for weirdo.

[ Edited: 10 July 2018 18:28 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8013
Joined  20-02-2006

11 July 2018 10:30

Brother Mario - 10 July 2018 04:26 PM

I think it’s time to post your picture, too.

Show me the person who is qualified to be the judge of me.

Yeah, or show me something really funny.

https://www.google.com/search?q=portraits+of+jesus+christ&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS693US693&oq=portraits+of+j&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.10623j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Mario, I think you told us that medieval artists knew what Jesus looked like because God made a Xerox copy of him while he lay in his tomb. 

Here is Pope Francis’ speech about the Shroud of Turin, which I’m sure you will agree with and appreciate.  Notice his choice of words, and how he describes the physical appearance of people.  https://photoofjesus.com/popes-and-shroud-of-turin.php

quoting Pope Francis:  “This disfigured face resembles all those faces of men and women marred by a life which does not respect their dignity, by war and violence which afflict the weakest…”

http://www.historynet.com/book-review-a-cross-of-thorns-by-elias-castillo.htm

quote from a review of this book:  “Serra’s place in the Capitol [Sacramento, CA] comes under some dispute in A Cross of Thorns, in which journalist and three-time Pulitzer Prize nominee Elias Abundis Castillo unearths evidence in Serra’s own time describing the nightmarish realities of the missions. Even in the eyes of visitors from other colonial powers, such as Russia, France and Britain, the missions were, in practice, feudal fiefdoms on which the Chumash and countless other tribes served as virtual slaves. Pope Francis—or St. Francis of Assisi, for that matter—would have difficulty finding the principles by which they lived in the attitudes of the Spanish Franciscans, who regarded the Indians as subhuman, their lives in this world being of no concern against the cleansing of their souls in preparation for the next. After four Indians tried to flee Mission Carmel, Friar Serra sent a letter on July 31, 1775, to military commander Fernando de Rivera y Moncada, requesting he arrange to have his recaptured “lost sheep” flogged two or three times, adding, “If your Lordship does not have shackles, with your permission they may be sent from here.”  (end quote)

Pope Francis describing the faces of these four Indians?  “This disfigured face resembles all those faces of men and women marred by a life which does not respect their dignity, by war and violence which afflict the weakest…”

http://capitolmuseum.ca.gov/the-museum/junipero-serra

[ Edited: 11 July 2018 10:34 by unsmoked]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

11 July 2018 11:27

I don’t think you’re disfigured.

What I know is that what we look like is, more often than not, a product of what we truly are, in mind and spirit.

Cigarette smokers (and there is not one in my family), for example, are idiots who ruin their health and age horribly.

And stupid people don’t value exercise, but still think they’re smart because they can read.

And worldly people don’t have the spiritual power to do the right things for themselves in order to stay young and attractive.

The list goes on.

So when I read the stupid, worldly, idiot posts coming out of people like you, I just know that there is a high probability that there is an ugly motherfucker who ruined his or her gift of humanity behind these posts.

And all you have to do is show me your successful living to prove me wrong.

And the Shroud of Turin underwent a radical subatomic event at the Resurrection, which slowed down the aging of its carbon atoms. So the carbon dating done on it was flawed for not taking into account what a Resurrection of a human body would entail.

And I posted a photo of Jesus that appeared when a woman took a picture of a sanctuary she donated, not paintings, as the true face of Jesus.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

11 July 2018 19:05

This is the true face of Jesus.

And the Shroud of Turin is this face after a beating and in death.

Image Attachments

HOLY_FACE.jpg
jesus.jpg

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

12 July 2018 09:49

Brother Mario - 11 July 2018 11:27 AM

So when I read the stupid, worldly, idiot posts coming out of people like you, I just know that there is a high probability that there is an ugly motherfucker who ruined his or her gift of humanity behind these posts.

And the Shroud of Turin underwent a radical subatomic event at the Resurrection, which slowed down the aging of its carbon atoms. So the carbon dating done on it was flawed for not taking into account what a Resurrection of a human body would entail.

And I posted a photo of Jesus that appeared when a woman took a picture of a sanctuary she donated, not paintings, as the true face of Jesus.

Sorry. I apologize for sacrificing years of my life in a monastery to learn the truth about God, and getting a scholastic education to share this truth at a higher level.

Mario, when Jesus came back to life in his tomb, do you think he noticed the photocopy of himself on his burial shroud, folded it carefully and presented it to his disciples when he went to see them?  Is that how it came to be preserved for posterity?

When Jesus’ friends placed his body in the tomb, do you think any of them thought to make a death mask?  (assuming that God wanted a likeness of Jesus to be preserved).  Making a miraculous photocopy was easier?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_mask

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6034
Joined  22-02-2005

12 July 2018 10:41

We have the best rides on the net.

So if ugliness springs from being un-Jesus-like, shouldn’t Jesus have been maximally pretty? Like, a knock-out who everyone wants to buy a drink?

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  31-10-2015

12 July 2018 10:56

Brother Mario - 10 July 2018 06:24 PM

So I’m the problem. You’ve remained open to the possibility that God exists and theism is a benefit to humanity, but I keep making it difficult for you because I’ve been not a normal theist.

So now your only recourse is to talk shit about me on other threads where I can’t respond, or to come to this thread and be a phony dropping little asshole jibes as sincere conversation.

I get it. Sorry. I apologize for sacrificing years of my life in a monastery to learn the truth about God, and getting a scholastic education to share this truth at a higher level.

And thank you for admitting that you have an ugly mug. But I was going for weirdo.

Okay, I’ll rephrase then. I have a weirdo mug.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

12 July 2018 11:14

Nhoj Morley - 12 July 2018 10:41 AM

We have the best rides on the net.

So if ugliness springs from being un-Jesus-like, shouldn’t Jesus have been maximally pretty? Like, a knock-out who everyone wants to buy a drink?

Leonardo Dicaprio as Rasputin:  https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/jun/10/leonardo-dicaprio-play-rasputin

More handsome fellows who didn’t smoke:  https://www.historyextra.com/period/roman/the-8-bloodiest-roman-emperors-in-history/

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

12 July 2018 12:32

unsmoked, if you need to lie about factual things, then your personality has failed you at the outset, which you did so which it has.

The fact is that the image on the shroud is a photo “negative”, you lying fuckhead.

And the fact is that no person even today can create a photo negative without a camera.

So, fuckhead, how did this photo negative get on both sides of the cloth but not in the middle through the cloth?

And people who loved Jesus found the empty tomb and the burial cloth.

So you’re even trying to lie about that.

You really are a complete asshole, and that is why you can’t see the beauty and grace that the life, death, and Resurrection of Jesus portrays.

Stop lying, you moron.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

12 July 2018 12:40

Nhoj, your ignorance of spiritual matters is myriad.

It is truly astounding how superficially you think.

That you won’t even think on how Jesus sacrificed the rest of his earthly life for the spiritual salvation of humanity is a manipulation of evil spirits telling you how clever you are to do so.

You’re the opposite of clever — doltish.

[ Edited: 12 July 2018 13:11 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

12 July 2018 14:28

I know, nonverbal. I’ve always known.

You share that characteristic with jdrnd and unsmoked.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

13 July 2018 10:17

Excerpts from Mario’s posts, July 11 and 12

Brother Mario - 12 July 2018 12:32 PM

unsmoked, So when I read the stupid, worldly, idiot posts coming out of people like you, I just know that there is a high probability that there is an ugly motherfucker who ruined his or her gift of humanity behind these posts.

. . . you lying fuckhead.

So, fuckhead . . .

You really are a complete asshole . . .

Stop lying, you moron.

Mario, since you have expressed an interest and expertise in psychology, I think you would be interested in a book by David Livingston Smith “LESS THAN HUMAN: Why We Demean, Enslave, and Exterminate Others”.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250003830

Here is a review in the New Yorker.  https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/11/27/the-root-of-all-cruelty 

You like science fiction, so you might be interested in the first paragraph or two of this article:

quote: A recent episode of the dystopian television series “Black Mirror” begins with a soldier hunting down and killing hideous humanoids called roaches. It’s a standard science-fiction scenario, man against monster, but there’s a twist: it turns out that the soldier and his cohort have brain implants that make them see the faces and bodies of their targets as monstrous, to hear their pleas for mercy as noxious squeaks. When our hero’s implant fails, he discovers that he isn’t a brave defender of the human race—he’s a murderer of innocent people, part of a campaign to exterminate members of a despised group akin to the Jews of Europe in the nineteen-forties.”  (end quote)

‘LESS THAN HUMAN’ - why we demean others, is “a thoughtful and exhaustive exploration of human cruelty, and the episode (in the TV series mentioned above) perfectly captures its core idea: that acts such as genocide happen when one fails to appreciate the humanity of others.”  -  (Paul Bloom, reviewing this book in the New Yorker)

Mario, would you like to see more of your quotes in which you slander and dehumanize skeptics and atheists?  Are you one of those who believes your God intends to exterminate or cast into eternal flaming gas chambers skeptics and atheists?  Paul Bloom writes, “Then there’s the Holocaust. Like many Jews my age, I was raised with stories of gas chambers, gruesome medical experiments, and mass graves—an evil that was explained as arising from the Nazis’ failure to see their victims as human. In the words of the psychologist Herbert C. Kelman, “The inhibitions against murdering fellow human beings are generally so strong that the victims must be deprived of their human status if systematic killing is to proceed in a smooth and orderly fashion.”

In your view, will your God’s extermination of skeptics and atheists proceed in a smooth and orderly fashion?  (The Rapture?)

In your post #1513 above, are you saying that everyone who says the Shroud of Turin is a hoax is a stupid liar?  (plus other demeaning insults you directed at me).

[ Edited: 13 July 2018 10:52 by unsmoked]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

13 July 2018 13:17

unsmoked, I’m a successful businessman, hardest working and most knowledgeable painter possible, most skilled painter possible, patriarch of a loving family, former Catholic mystic and Franciscan Friar, with two college degrees.

So why would I want or need or bother to have a conversation with a lying fuckhead who is so lazy and stupid that he sits and Googles looking for authorities he can quote out of context for his own demented purposes?

You are so far out of your league here, and you actually believe that you are above it.

You didn’t admit to your lying that I pointed out to you, and that right there disqualifies you from being respected.

I would tell you to go the fuck away but I know you’re so pitiful that you have nowhere else to go.

So just sit there looking stupid.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15192
Joined  17-12-2006

13 July 2018 20:59

unsmoked - 13 July 2018 10:17 AM

Excerpts from Mario’s posts, July 11 and 12

Brother Mario - 12 July 2018 12:32 PM

unsmoked, So when I read the stupid, worldly, idiot posts coming out of people like you, I just know that there is a high probability that there is an ugly motherfucker who ruined his or her gift of humanity behind these posts.

. . . you lying fuckhead.

So, fuckhead . . .

You really are a complete asshole . . .

Stop lying, you moron.

Mario, since you have expressed an interest and expertise in psychology, I think you would be interested in a book by David Livingston Smith “LESS THAN HUMAN: Why We Demean, Enslave, and Exterminate Others”.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250003830

Here is a review in the New Yorker.  https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/11/27/the-root-of-all-cruelty 

You like science fiction, so you might be interested in the first paragraph or two of this article:

quote: A recent episode of the dystopian television series “Black Mirror” begins with a soldier hunting down and killing hideous humanoids called roaches. It’s a standard science-fiction scenario, man against monster, but there’s a twist: it turns out that the soldier and his cohort have brain implants that make them see the faces and bodies of their targets as monstrous, to hear their pleas for mercy as noxious squeaks. When our hero’s implant fails, he discovers that he isn’t a brave defender of the human race—he’s a murderer of innocent people, part of a campaign to exterminate members of a despised group akin to the Jews of Europe in the nineteen-forties.”  (end quote)

‘LESS THAN HUMAN’ - why we demean others, is “a thoughtful and exhaustive exploration of human cruelty, and the episode (in the TV series mentioned above) perfectly captures its core idea: that acts such as genocide happen when one fails to appreciate the humanity of others.”  -  (Paul Bloom, reviewing this book in the New Yorker)

Mario, would you like to see more of your quotes in which you slander and dehumanize skeptics and atheists?  Are you one of those who believes your God intends to exterminate or cast into eternal flaming gas chambers skeptics and atheists?  Paul Bloom writes, “Then there’s the Holocaust. Like many Jews my age, I was raised with stories of gas chambers, gruesome medical experiments, and mass graves—an evil that was explained as arising from the Nazis’ failure to see their victims as human. In the words of the psychologist Herbert C. Kelman, “The inhibitions against murdering fellow human beings are generally so strong that the victims must be deprived of their human status if systematic killing is to proceed in a smooth and orderly fashion.”

In your view, will your God’s extermination of skeptics and atheists proceed in a smooth and orderly fashion?  (The Rapture?)

In your post #1513 above, are you saying that everyone who says the Shroud of Turin is a hoax is a stupid liar?  (plus other demeaning insults you directed at me).

Thanks for the reference Un.

‹ First  < 99 100 101 102 103 >  Last ›