‹ First  < 130 131 132 133 134 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15809
Joined  17-12-2006

02 January 2019 17:15

Brother Mario - 02 January 2019 04:26 PM

You speak in general terms, burt, because you live without specifics. You have not specifically received the gifts from God that would give you the knowledge that leads to understanding and then to love.

“Humanity” I respect. generally speaking. But to the degree I respect malicious profoundly ignorant atheists, who seek to destroy faith in God because they believe their ignorance is actually brilliant thinking, for being human is insignificant compared to the degree these malicious profoundly ignorant atheists haven’t earned any respect whatsoever.

For I am fighting the puppeteers, not the puppets, by cutting their strings. I spoke about this to saralynn above. Demons specifically exist. And their puppets are gleefully doing their work for them. You do not know this because you have not been given a specific revelation of it. I both blame you and forgive you for this lack of experience. But I would certainly not respect you if you try to tell me your lack of experiencing demons means that demons do not exist and I therefore could not have seen one and fought one. Why should I respect you for making such a leap in judgment that is obviously a product of your pride, not of any learning on your part, or not from any humble honest search on your part? No. I can’t accept your general judgments and respect you for them when I know with absolute certitude they are wrong, profoundly wrong.

You don’t know about neither the puppeteers nor their puppets, for you are also a puppet. You are not as bad as the idiots unsmoked or GAD or Ron or Hannah or LadyJane or teuchter or Harris or Dennett or Hitchens or Dawkins, or on and on. But you are still bad when you judge profound realities wrongly and then call it being wise. For it is the puppeteer who is telling you these lies.

What do you think you would see if you met these people I just listed in person? Humble beautiful people? Uniquely exciting people?

Demons leave us shadows of humanity, incapable of great deeds and great loves.

So to truly respect the humanity of the posters here is to tell each one individually and specifically how they are being manipulated by the demons they have welcomed, and how they could become free by the God they have shut out.

Your judgments about what it is to “dehumanize” people are just superficial psychological ideas.

I judge all things according to where our humanity is deepest and most real.

Our psychological experience is the tippity top of an infinite iceberg of our humanity that is hidden mostly from our view.

You are telling me to just look at this tip and forget about the infinite iceberg of our humanity.

But I can’t now that I specifically received many revelations that revealed to me just how deep and infinite the iceberg of our humanity is.

Let me end by saying, if you stick your face in here and are you’re looking for a little tickle under your chin, you’ve come to wrong place.

You turn everything into a rant. That is you—ranting, and you will find yourself ranting before the high chair of judgment when you die. Anyway, I’m off to enjoy the warm Maui weather, the blue ocean, and the rainbows against the mountains. I stick my face in here on rare occasion because it’s sometimes fun to push your buttons.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1156
Joined  26-02-2017

02 January 2019 19:58

You’re acting as if I expected a dialogue with you.

And you judged what I wrote a rant because you quickly read It to get to your superficial feelings of spirituality that you think I need to learn.

I spent 5 years alone with God in ceaseless prayer, which played itself out with constantly being one with his creation.

You’re going to have to watch a lot of sunrises and sunsets, take a very many long walks in pitch black woods looking up at the night sky, and so many more such things to ever come close to what a contemplative in a monastery does over a 5-year span.

And the quality of contemplation as I describe it takes exactly that — years of ceaseless dedication to spirituality.

How do you not know this?

To have found God before sitting at a mountain is infinitely more wondrous than sitting at a mountain looking for God.

[ Edited: 02 January 2019 20:19 by Brother Mario]

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

02 January 2019 21:09

Brother Mario - 02 January 2019 07:58 PM

You’re acting as if I expected a dialogue with you.

And you judged what I wrote a rant because you quickly read It to get to your superficial feelings of spirituality that you think I need to learn.

I spent 5 years alone with God in ceaseless prayer, which played itself out with constantly being one with his creation.

You’re going to have to watch a lot of sunrises and sunsets, take a very many long walks in pitch black woods looking up at the night sky, and so many more such things to ever come close to what a contemplative in a monastery does over a 5-year span.

And the quality of contemplation as I describe it takes exactly that — years of ceaseless dedication to spirituality.

How do you not know this?

To have found God before sitting at a mountain is infinitely more wondrous than sitting at a mountain looking for God.

Your constant spiritual self-promotion and claims of how many years you have spent in contemplation reminds me of a friend who studied Tai Chi for 20 years. He traveled to work with a teaching master who told him: No, you have not twenty years of Tai Chi, you have one year of Tai Chi repeated twenty times.” What you needed to learn was humility and compassion. You ought to have spend some of those years learning those instead of boosting your self-glorification.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

02 January 2019 22:35

So you want a dialogue. Okay. But let’s get specific. No more stories about what others say and do, just what we say and do.

My last post you judged as self-promotion. How convenient of you to do so, rather than to actually listen to the truth told to you that just doesn’t fit into your travels and looking at things.

My 71/2 years dedicated to God followed revelations from God . This sacrifice followed a progression from deeply joyful to profoundly sacrificial. And I was rewarded for such a sacrifice. We all get rewarded when we give to God everything. This is the truth only a person who has done such sacrifice knows.

Going to Hawaii, and all such self-indulgence, is the “way” to avoid God.

You tell me some silly story, which I could ponder for a moment and come away with a spiritual tickle, because you have never had the courage and selflessness to expect far more from God and then go and get it.

The example of Jesus must have scared the shit out of you. I experienced this fear, too, at the beginning when I came to realize that enjoying spiritual tickling was keeping me from truly finding God. I remember getting rather upset when the thought came to me that this Jesus was getting all the attention and glory. But I denied my feelings because I knew how untrustworthy I had been to myself and others. I kept on the path that I was everyday realizing more and more how difficult it would be to continue when the tickles stopped and God became the one to please. I would wake up every morning, kiss the floor, and say, “Thank you, Lord, for this new day, may I please you in some small way.” And when God saw that I was trustworthy, he flipped a switch in me that is still flipped to this day.

Now, to get specific, how many $50 bills did you give out on Christmas Day to others you know could have used one? You can afford to give out many, right? There was a Christmas spirit in everyone that day. You must have felt it.  But did you act upon it and sacrifice some of your Hawaii money?

How many complete strangers do you engage in conversation daily? You must feel the loneliness that many of us suffer from.

I could ask you such questions for hours, for to be fully alive, to have that switch flipped, brings to us a brand new life different than the selfish little life we lived before.

One last question:

Would you call yourself trustworthy with the gift of a life that will never end, but continue through eternity according to the person we have become?

[ Edited: 03 January 2019 04:27 by Brother Mario]

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3315
Joined  21-10-2016

03 January 2019 06:33

1 Corinthians 13: 1-13
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.  Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails.  But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.  For we know in part and we prophesy in part.  But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.  When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.  For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.  And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

03 January 2019 07:00

And the greatest love is to lay down your life for another.

How much of this greatest love have you done?

Paul was given a revelation of Jesus and gave of himself completely to it.

Try not to forget that when you quote him in support of your ideas about love.

And to quote the New Testament after ignoring it and actually denying it is to not be believed.

To truly love others is to love them more than ourselves.

No skeptic has ever done such a thing, for to be a skeptic is to easily find reasons not to give of oneself.

Look in the mirror to see what love is for you, not in a philosophical treatise you use to justify your lack of it.

Paul also said we should rouse each other to do good works.

When has a skeptic here ever done that?

You skeptics are ill suited for such things, and that’s why you only talk about such things.

[ Edited: 03 January 2019 07:04 by Brother Mario]

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

03 January 2019 10:50

Brother Mario - 02 January 2019 10:35 PM

So you want a dialogue. Okay. But let’s get specific. No more stories about what others say and do, just what we say and do.

My last post you judged as self-promotion. How convenient of you to do so, rather than to actually listen to the truth told to you that just doesn’t fit into your travels and looking at things.

My 71/2 years dedicated to God followed revelations from God . This sacrifice followed a progression from deeply joyful to profoundly sacrificial. And I was rewarded for such a sacrifice. We all get rewarded when we give to God everything. This is the truth only a person who has done such sacrifice knows.

Going to Hawaii, and all such self-indulgence, is the “way” to avoid God.

You tell me some silly story, which I could ponder for a moment and come away with a spiritual tickle, because you have never had the courage and selflessness to expect far more from God and then go and get it.

The example of Jesus must have scared the shit out of you. I experienced this fear, too, at the beginning when I came to realize that enjoying spiritual tickling was keeping me from truly finding God. I remember getting rather upset when the thought came to me that this Jesus was getting all the attention and glory. But I denied my feelings because I knew how untrustworthy I had been to myself and others. I kept on the path that I was everyday realizing more and more how difficult it would be to continue when the tickles stopped and God became the one to please. I would wake up every morning, kiss the floor, and say, “Thank you, Lord, for this new day, may I please you in some small way.” And when God saw that I was trustworthy, he flipped a switch in me that is still flipped to this day.

Now, to get specific, how many $50 bills did you give out on Christmas Day to others you know could have used one? You can afford to give out many, right? There was a Christmas spirit in everyone that day. You must have felt it.  But did you act upon it and sacrifice some of your Hawaii money?

How many complete strangers do you engage in conversation daily? You must feel the loneliness that many of us suffer from.

I could ask you such questions for hours, for to be fully alive, to have that switch flipped, brings to us a brand new life different than the selfish little life we lived before.

One last question:

Would you call yourself trustworthy with the gift of a life that will never end, but continue through eternity according to the person we have become?

Hum, let’s see. I am selfish and materialistic because I have spent the last few weeks in Hawaii, but you are sanctified because you have given out cash to people you believe to be in need, even though you have been blessed for your devotion to God by receiving even more cash. Good bargain, that. You’ve gone down this road before, and you know that I don’t talk about myself in that way. You take that as an indication that I have nothing to talk about, but it’s just that I don’t consider charity, or helping others out to be anything special. It’s what one does as a human being and mentioning it in public is just self-promotion. Plus, I know that whatever I might say, you would find some way to twist it around and attack me. I do, of course, reproach myself for not doing more. I turned 76 a month ago and my general theme for this year is “don’t get sucked in by comfort.” In one sense that means not to let myself go to sleep within a cocoon of physical, emotional, and mental comfort. To keep up the work (I could, after all, just kick back like some of the old farts I see out here and fry on the beach or golf course). In another sense, however, it’s a constant reminder that while my life is one of relative ease, there are many terrible things going on in the world, many people are suffering, and one must do what one can.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1783
Joined  31-10-2015

03 January 2019 11:12

Mario, Burt was compassionate enough to attempt to speak to you person-to-person (man to man), and that sort of thing usually is necessary only in dealings with youngsters, college-age or under. Put on your big-boy pants one of these years and quit bragging about what an amazing guy you are, or eventually God will put your ass on ignore. That’s a prophesy I experienced.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8591
Joined  20-02-2006

03 January 2019 11:54

Brother Mario - 02 January 2019 04:26 PM

Demons specifically exist. And their puppets are gleefully doing their work for them. You do not know this because you have not been given a specific revelation of it. I both blame you and forgive you for this lack of experience. But I would certainly not respect you if you try to tell me your lack of experiencing demons means that demons do not exist and I therefore could not have seen one and fought one. Why should I respect you for making such a leap in judgment that is obviously a product of your pride, not of any learning on your part, or not from any humble honest search on your part? No. I can’t accept your general judgments and respect you for them when I know with absolute certitude they are wrong, profoundly wrong.

You don’t know about neither the puppeteers nor their puppets, for you are also a puppet. You are not as bad as the idiots unsmoked or GAD or Ron or Hannah or LadyJane or teuchter or Harris or Dennett or Hitchens or Dawkins, or on and on. But you are still bad when you judge profound realities wrongly and then call it being wise. For it is the puppeteer who is telling you these lies.

What do you think you would see if you met these people I just listed in person? Humble beautiful people? Uniquely exciting people?

Demons leave us shadows of humanity, incapable of great deeds and great loves.

Let me end by saying, if you stick your face in here and are you’re looking for a little tickle under your chin, you’ve come to wrong place.

Speaking of demons, I wonder if Brother Mario has read Aldous Huxley’s novel, ‘The Devils of Loudun, or seen Ken Russell’s movie based on that story?  (I don’t ask him directly since he has my posts on ‘ignore’).

https://www.amazon.com/Devils-Loudun-Aldous-Huxley/dp/0061724912

Trailer for Ken Russell’s ‘The Devils’ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4afrx8_DNrE  (caution - viewer discretion is advised)

If Brother Mario had been alive in those days, would he have volunteered to be a ‘professional witch hunter’?

Brother Mario - 01 January 2019 06:56 PM
“Ah, but telling a malicious atheist who seeks to destroy a person’s faith in God, like the ignored and profoundly ignorant unsmoked above, that you respect him as a human being is like standing above a very large pile of shit trying to smell something sweet rising up from it.  It’s just not a very clever thing to do, and no amount of intellectual gymnastics can make it clever.  There is a time for everything under the sun.  Now is the time to fight our enemies, our true enemies. And I will not get caught squandering it by giving the benefit of the doubt to truly undeserving people.  They will die sleeping in their ignorance and pride, for it will take only the light of God after their death to wake them up.”  -  Brother Mario, January 1, 2019

[ Edited: 03 January 2019 12:06 by unsmoked]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

03 January 2019 12:55

burt, I told you the truth about us and how we get the power to live fully alive unselfish lives where we sacrifice even when we don’t want to.

I never told you that I was living completely in line with this ideal.

The reality is that I talk to God directly mostly when I’m apologizing for not living up to the gifts I have been given.

The truth I told you is real and so will help you do those unselfish acts you say you wish to now do.

And it is also true that many of us do not have the power to not be completely selfish with our money and time.

You speak about vacations all the time, not about giving of yourself.

How is this a good thing when so many of us need help every day?

You’re hiding your candle under the table, and that is both ignorant and worthless.

We need to multiply our acts of giving, not be content that they are sufficient enough.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

03 January 2019 14:08

Brother Mario - 03 January 2019 12:55 PM

burt, I told you the truth about us and how we get the power to live fully alive unselfish lives where we sacrifice even when we don’t want to.

I never told you that I was living completely in line with this ideal.

The reality is that I talk to God directly mostly when I’m apologizing for not living up to the gifts I have been given.

The truth I told you is real and so will help you do those unselfish acts you say you wish to now do.

And it is also true that many of us do not have the power to not be completely selfish with our money and time.

You speak about vacations all the time, not about giving of yourself.

How is this a good thing when so many of us need help every day?

You’re hiding your candle under the table, and that is both ignorant and worthless.

We need to multiply our acts of giving, not be content that they are sufficient enough.

We do what we can.

I talk about vacations and such because that’s fun for conversation. Anyway, I’ll be home in a week, before leaving later in the month for the standard two months in Tucson, which isn’t really vacation but escaping the cold and wet Victoria winters. I ended up spending 7+ weeks in Hawaii this year because the fall North American Contract Bridge Championships were held in Honolulu this year (we did quite well for our level of play, thank you, didn’t play every day but still came in in about the top 17% of point winners) and once over here, being retired, why go back right away. My advice, if you ever travel to Hawaii avoid Honolulu, as my wife said it’s basically a big shopping mall, or at least all the tourist parts are. Get out to the Bishop museum, and especially the Polynesian Cultural Center (operated, believe it or not, by the Mormons. They bring in students from all over Polynesia to attend university and earn their tuition and such by being paid to work in the cultural center). Then visit other islands. Kauai is beautiful but sleepy, Maui is my favorite (well, I have many friends here), and the Big Island has the active volcanoes.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

03 January 2019 14:38
Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

04 January 2019 06:18

I’ve sometimes thought about giving an organ, but I never thought about it thinking I would actually do it.

Something about taking a piece of myself out makes me recoil in disgust.

Of course, I would do it for a family member. But it ends there.

So yes, that guy is quite special ... and quite religious is my guess.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

04 January 2019 09:41

Brother Mario - 04 January 2019 06:18 AM

I’ve sometimes thought about giving an organ, but I never thought about it thinking I would actually do it.

Indeed, quite special.

No need for comment on the following, it’s just an association offered for a bit of rather pointed, if somewhat grotesque humor: There is an episode from one of the great Canadian science fiction tv shows, LEXX. The crew lands on a nice beach and there is somebody there who looks like a monk in meditation. It turns out that he is a member of a religious community centered on a guru who charges large sums of money to live near him and this apparently meditating monk is really unconscious, capable of being aware only one hour per day as he has sold most of his internal organs to pay for the privilege of living near the “master.” As I recall, the show ends with one of the characters swinging on the tonsils of a 500 foot tall woman who is eating Tokyo, but that might have been another episode. Canadian humor.

If you are reading this, Saralynn, this is not something to try at home (selling internal organs to pay for living in a religious community, that is, you can try to eat Tokyo if you wish).

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8591
Joined  20-02-2006

04 January 2019 10:35

burt - 04 January 2019 09:41 AM
Brother Mario - 04 January 2019 06:18 AM

Indeed, quite special.

No need for comment on the following, it’s just an association offered for a bit of rather pointed, if somewhat grotesque humor: There is an episode from one of the great Canadian science fiction tv shows, LEXX. The crew lands on a nice beach and there is somebody there who looks like a monk in meditation. It turns out that he is a member of a religious community centered on a guru who charges large sums of money to live near him and this apparently meditating monk is really unconscious, capable of being aware only one hour per day as he has sold most of his internal organs to pay for the privilege of living near the “master.” As I recall, the show ends with one of the characters swinging on the tonsils of a 500 foot tall woman who is eating Tokyo, but that might have been another episode. Canadian humor.

If you are reading this, Saralynn, this is not something to try at home (selling internal organs to pay for living in a religious community, that is, you can try to eat Tokyo if you wish).

What it costs to live in a religious community:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f2BG43JW0o  (‘HOLY HELL’ trailer)  “What are you willing to give up to know God?”

[ Edited: 04 January 2019 10:38 by unsmoked]

‹ First  < 130 131 132 133 134 >  Last ›