‹ First  < 133 134 135 136 137 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1156
Joined  26-02-2017

14 January 2019 05:05

So,  Cheshire Cat, you ask me some questions acting all sincere, and then you run off to ask more questions everywhere you go.

Whoever told you that to have an inquiring mind that should never find answers lied to you.

Every dolt stands there drooling while great truths pass behind him unseen.

Like when you recently asked someone else about Jesus and how he wasn’t really supposed to suffer and die (and Resurrect), but just preach and die in his bed.

For two thousand years Jesus has been the greatest person who ever lived. Our calendar is based upon his death.

But these realities mean little to you and your doltish questioning.

Jesus gave everything and was rewarded with everything.

To question this after two thousand years of proof of it is not to be a clever thinker but a wannabe thinker looking for ways to wipe the drool dripping constantly on your shoes.

Your questions are not doing the job because they got soaked long ago and could now never absorb your constant dripping.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  01-11-2014

14 January 2019 11:42

Mario, first of all, did you read the post by dattaswami?

Secondly, did it make sense to you?

It didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me, which is why I asked my questions. I don’t think English is dattaswami’s first language and his writing seemed muddled. My questions were trying to get to the kernel of what he was claiming, whatever the heck that was. He hasn’t replied to me yet. He mentions “Kartavirya” and “Datta,” who turn out to be part of Hindu mythology when I Googled them. I’m guessing that he is a Hindu trying to understand Christianity.

Do you have an opinion about daztaswami’s post? Do you think my questions were off target in regard to his OP?

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

14 January 2019 14:27

CC, the guy from India is another delusional intellectual who thinks he can discover great things by sitting on the toilet and thinking about them. Yes, I read his post. And when I did, I sent him a respectful PM telling him how he doesn’t understand that God exercises his will just as he has given to us the power to exercise ours. God doesn’t simply ordain everything according to what he wants to happen, but he also permits much because in his wisdom he has put into place the freedom for his creation to exist without being forced to obey his power or wisdom. And we stand at the pinnacle of his creation, so we are the most free, even free to be very evil or self-destructive.

So this “guru” is clueless about God, or even about the philosophical understanding of our human “will”.

My post to you was more about your constant questioning and then your failure to back up your questioning with any worthwhile response. In a word, you are another delusional intellectual sitting on a toilet and thinking shit up. You’ll never learn anything because the only teacher you have is yourself. I could give you great scholastic teachings and it wouldn’t make a dent in your thinking. Everyone here is just like you.

You asked me some questions twice now, and both times you failed to listen to the answers.

I know you believe in Eastern religious thinking, and think yourself clever for it. But I also know that you leaned that way mostly because you wanted to separate yourself from Western religious thinking. I don’t know what made you bigoted against God as revealed in the Bible, but I know you are bigoted against him all the same.

My guess is that your desire to keep asking questions without getting any answers is behind it all.

Your signature against using your imagination is a red flag that you have no experience whatsoever in just how profoundly the answers to the biggest questions are given to us.

It is in our imaginations that the greatest experiences are created within us giving to us our greatest knowledge of the truth.

And it is in our very beings that the greatest experiences are created within us giving to us our greatest love of the truth.

It is in our analytical intellects that the basic experiences are created within us giving to us basic knowledge and no love at all.

So you’re ignoring what makes you profoundly human to pay undeserved attention to what makes you basically human.

And that is a very distorted view of reality, no matter how many delusional intellectuals tell you it’s your true reality.

[ Edited: 16 January 2019 05:59 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

14 January 2019 14:50

Hannah, there are no “deep roots of anti-semitism”.

Jews have always separated themselves from others, kept to themselves in both financial and social matters, equated blessings of God with worldly wealth, and on and on.

Hitler didn’t read a Gospel and then decide to kill Jews, but looked at how the Jews in his homeland became financially and intellectually successful, which he saw as leaving the pure German people behind.

I once went to a synagogue for a funeral and my first and foremost experience was how the Jews ignored everyone who wasn’t a Jew. It became obvious to me that in business a Jew must also act this way, which would of course create animosity from anyone who wasn’t a Jew seeking to do business with them.

My worst customers are Jews. They truly expect people to work for them for peanuts, while they expect to make as much money as possible. A Jewish lady had a beautiful house with a heated driveway, but the cheap paint jobs she kept getting left her house completely peeling and a mess. I gave her a price to take all the peeling paint off, prime it, and then give her a finish coat to make her house brand new. She chased me out of her kitchen when she heard the price to do the job right, even when her son was pleading with her to listen to what I was saying. I can still remember her yelling, “I’m not going to pay $3,000 to paint my house!” Today the cost would be $15,000.

The Jews did not accept Jesus as their Messiah because he told them things like, “You can’t serve both God and money”, and “Go and sell everything you have and give it to the poor, and then come follow me”.

Sometimes a stereotype is a reality.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3301
Joined  21-10-2016

15 January 2019 06:54

Brother Mario - 14 January 2019 02:50 PM

Hannah, there are no “deep roots of anti-semitism”.

Jews have always separated themselves from others, kept to themselves in both financial and social matters, equated blessings of God with worldly wealth, and on and on.

Hitler didn’t read a Gospel and then decide to kill Jews, but looked at how the Jews in his homeland became financially and intellectually successful, which he saw as leaving the pure German people behind.

I once went to a synagogue for a funeral and my first and foremost experience was how the Jews ignored everyone who wasn’t a Jew. It became obvious to me that in business a Jew must also act this way, which would of course create animosity from anyone who wasn’t a Jew seeking to do business with them.

My worst customers are Jews. They truly expect people to work for them for peanuts, while they expect to make as much money as possible. A Jewish lady had a beautiful house with a heated driveway, but the cheap paint jobs she kept getting left her house completely peeling and a mess. I gave her a price to take all the peeling paint off, prime it, and then give her a finish coat to make her house brand new. She chased me out of her kitchen when she heard the price to do the job right, even when her son was pleading with her to listen to what I was saying. I can still remember her yelling, “I’m not going to pay $3,000 to paint my house!” Today the cost would be $15,000.

The Jews did not accept Jesus as their Messiah because he told them things like, “You can’t serve both God and money”, and “Go and sell everything you have and give it to the poor, and then come follow me”.

Sometimes a stereotype is a reality.

You’ve said many unpleasant things here at the forum, but in my opinion this is up there as one of the ugliest.

Jesus was a Jew.  He preached to Jews.  His chosen disciples were Jews.  He would not approve.

Such stereotypes are NOT a reality.  And those who hold them fulfill their own expectations by looking for the negative in others.  Shame on you.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

15 January 2019 07:57

So Jews have been persecuted over the centuries because people read a passage in Matthew or had a biological theory about their head size?

And Jews do not keep to themselves and always make sure that their business dealings go to another Jew first?

I have never in my life thought about being Portuguese and then sought out other Portuguese people to help in business or to exclusively socialize with.

So for you to call it shameful to point out that Jews have done this very thing and still do this very thing, and that this very thing is the most significant cause of their being persecuted, is for you to be just a stupid person burying her head in the sand and wanting people to see a compassionate ass sticking out.

Here’s another thing:

If Jews did indeed receive the greatest revelations of God in the ancient world and made a covenant with God, but then failed to follow their religion according to God’s further revelations given exclusively to them thereby breaking this covenant with God, namely the humble and faithful acceptance of the Messiah promised to them, what would be the reason for the Jewish people to have broken this covenant by failing to see the profound reality of the Incarnation of God in a sacrificial human being, and what would be the continual damage to themselves as a religion and as a people for having broken this covenant?

People reap what they sow just as much as, if not more than, what other people inflict upon them.

To just focus on what other people inflict on people is completely ignorant.

A perfect example of a Jewish person arriving at the end of his life reaping a rotten crop is Alan Dershowitz.

[ Edited: 15 January 2019 13:07 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8582
Joined  20-02-2006

15 January 2019 11:01

Brother Mario - 14 January 2019 02:27 PM

It is in our imaginations that the greatest experiences are created within us giving to us our greatest knowledge of the truth.

Your signature?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions  (see cat looking in mirror)

[ Edited: 15 January 2019 11:36 by unsmoked]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

17 January 2019 05:52

So you brilliant thinkers are taking on antisemitism now. Let’s look at your brilliance, shall we.

As far as I can tell, all you’re doing is parroting what you read on Google or hear from others.

Let’s listen to a Jew, Antony Lerman, the former director of the Institute for Jewish Policy Research, who doesn’t share your group-think brilliance.

Here’s a link to his thinking on antisemitism:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/must-jews-always-see-themselves-as-victims-1639277.html

And here’s a part of it:

If you’re urging me to list the faults of the enemies of the Jews, to say it’s all because of them, you might as well stop reading now. Yes, of course our predicament is partly caused by others who wish us no good, but before we heap blame on them, I want to hold up a mirror to ourselves, to know what’s our responsibility. The liberal historian of Zionism, Rabbi Arthur Hertzberg, said it’s “wrong to deny the Jews the dignity of having made their own history, even its pain”.

So, once again, your “brilliance” has been shown to be the dullness it is.

And I gave to you the opportunity to think better on antisemitism, but instead you sent to me a dumb Canadian woman to scold me and ad hominem me.

Let’s see if your critical thinking skills can incorporate this criticism of your dull thinking on antisemitism.

I’ll keep checking in on Hannah’s uneducated thread to see if there is hope of any of you painfully pulling yourself out of the confederacy of dunces you feel comfortable being a part of.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  01-11-2014

17 January 2019 11:24

I’ve deleted my original comment. It might not have been fair nor kind.

The Jews have gotten the short end of the stick throughout history with endless progroms, and acts of cruelty against them leading up to the Holocaust.

It’s understandable how they might think the world was against them, even as they, astoundingly, inflict cruelty against the Palestinians.

[ Edited: 17 January 2019 14:04 by Cheshire Cat]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

17 January 2019 13:47

I explained quite clearly that I understand it is stupid to single out Jews as an especially persecuted race of people picked on through no fault of their own.

And in two minutes I found an actual Jew who knows how his people, and stupid outsiders, are wrongly crying out antisemitism at every turn without putting any blame whatsoever on why Jews many times do things that cause them to be targeted.

And the link above says that it is a disservice to Jews to make them always a victim.

I also edited, since you did read the link afterwards and thought better.

[ Edited: 18 January 2019 04:37 by Brother Mario]

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  31-10-2015

19 January 2019 07:05

Mario, three quick and easy questions:

How is it that I used to notice priests walking around communities but now I never notice one, other than at a costume party several years back? When I was a first grader (1960), can you explain how it may have been that my father emphasized to me never even to think about becoming an altar boy? Was he obviously not tuned in to love of the truth?

(My dad was a Catholic but also a Federal investigator.)

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

19 January 2019 08:59

Nhoj, your views on the education of children I hope you keep in your basement where you spend most of your time.

You claim that there is an “A” group of children that get told every answer and are not allowed to ask questions, just to listen to homilies and folkways. And the opposite “B” group of children get told really great stories and get to ask questions.

Let’s look at the reality, shall we.

Catholic schools crush public schools in both academics and giving a child a sense of self-worth.

Your dry and rattling secular education of children is rampant throughout the public school system, you dolt. You’re not providing anything unique or profound. It’s already here, and destroying many children, too.

It’s when a child is educated in far more than the date of Napoleon’s death that the child awakens to his or her true potential.

And why are you talking about education in the first place? Didn’t you only go to school for about 13 years.

I went to school for 21 years. So once again the dull thinking around here tries to brighten itself up.

Here’s what brilliant thinking on education looks like:

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/ccatheduc/documents/rc_con_ccatheduc_doc_20140407_educare-oggi-e-domani_en.html

See if you can see yourself and where you go wrong in this small piece of it:

The drive towards secularization has become more apparent. The increasingly faster globalization process, rather than favoring the promotion of individual development and a greater integration amongst peoples, seems to limit individual freedom and exacerbate conflicts between different ways of looking at personal and collective life (with positions ranging from strict fundamentalism to skeptical relativism).

You and your skeptic friends and at the far end, just as religious fundies are at the opposite far end.

This is because your brains work the same — poorly.

[ Edited: 19 January 2019 10:43 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8582
Joined  20-02-2006

19 January 2019 11:22

Brother Mario - 19 January 2019 08:59 AM

I went to school for 21 years. So once again the dull thinking around here tries to brighten itself up.

It’s the superiority of your education that enables you to know that the Shroud of Turin is not a medieval hoax, just as Trump’s superior intelligence enables him to know that human activity has not caused climate change.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6336
Joined  22-02-2005

19 January 2019 11:25

Thirteen and a half.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

19 January 2019 11:33

Oh, you decided in the first semester that you were too smart for college.

That makes perfect sense.

‹ First  < 133 134 135 136 137 >  Last ›