‹ First  < 134 135 136 137 138 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6339
Joined  22-02-2005

19 January 2019 13:43

Does it take 22 years to develop the cognitive skills to realize that, since I walked away with the credits and a diploma, the duration is no indication of college ambitions. I got ‘er dun.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1156
Joined  26-02-2017

19 January 2019 17:51

Cognitive skills hinge on a person’s talents and virtues. All the college in the world cannot make an untalented creep think a true thought worth repeating.

So our focus should always be to discover our talents and develop our virtues, and then from there to become truly intelligent and worth our salt.

The posters on this forum claim to have a high level of intelligence because they trust their senses and opinionated thoughts, and distrust personal experience. This is not intelligence but a lack of imagination.

To know how to tap into the depths of our imaginations is cognition at its best.

As Mark Twain put it:

You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1783
Joined  31-10-2015

19 January 2019 18:17

Brother Mario - 19 January 2019 05:51 PM

Cognitive skills hinge on a person’s talents and virtues. All the college in the world cannot make an untalented creep think a true thought worth repeating.

So our focus should always be to discover our talents and develop our virtues, and then from there to become truly intelligent and worth our salt.

The posters on this forum claim to have a high level of intelligence because they trust their senses and opinionated thoughts, and distrust personal experience. This is not intelligence but a lack of imagination.

To know how to tap into the depths of our imaginations is cognition at its best.

As Mark Twain put it:

You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

Mario, please provides quotes. Or do you think it would look odd to quote yourself about 50-zillion times?

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

20 January 2019 08:03

It seems the forum has been taken over by professional Googlers who act as if what they just frantically searched out on Google is all their own knowledge.

Two things:

They are too dishonest to admit the obvious plagiarism they are engaging in.

They are too stupid to realize that their plagiarism is quite obvious.

And the arrogance taking over them is thick as molasses.

Today’s skepticism has come here to roost.

And lynmc is back to tell the world how Jesus never existed. He read that on Google, too.

What a wonderful place this is, so filled with brilliant lights of intellectual integrity, brilliant productions of advanced educations, and brilliant researches of historical accuracy.

No wonder burt, the only actual college professor at this forum, comes here to give an update on his travel plans.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

20 January 2019 08:27

Hey, burt, I’ve been meaning to tell you that if you change the last line in your limerick a few pages back to end with “sleepy disease” you will have made the limerick more complete and memorable.

“dreadful disease” falls flat at the end and seems lazy.

This is my opinion, of course, but as good as your mathematical acumen is my ... you know the rest.

Chao

[ Edited: 20 January 2019 09:00 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

21 January 2019 08:04

You gotta be in awe of this forum.

Posters standing around with racist assholes while they all get pigeon shit on their heads.

And then accepting compliments from each other that they a part of a group with an upper-level intelligence brought together by a great leader who makes it a rule to never be seen with them.

Yes, this forum is a special group of people.

Common folk would move out from under the shitting asses of pigeons and away from the speaking asses of racists.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8585
Joined  20-02-2006

21 January 2019 10:37

Brother Mario - 21 January 2019 08:04 AM

You gotta be in awe of this forum.

Posters standing around with racist assholes while they all get pigeon shit on their heads.

And then accepting compliments from each other that they a part of a group with an upper-level intelligence brought together by a great leader who makes it a rule to never be seen with them.

Yes, this forum is a special group of people.

Common folk would move out from under the shitting asses of pigeons and away from the speaking asses of racists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YGLk_ou3jo

[ Edited: 21 January 2019 10:51 by unsmoked]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

23 January 2019 06:55

Hey, it’s a fun day at the forum!

A pigeon just shit on his own head!

Go find it!

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15809
Joined  17-12-2006

23 January 2019 08:02

Brother Mario - 20 January 2019 08:27 AM

Hey, burt, I’ve been meaning to tell you that if you change the last line in your limerick a few pages back to end with “sleepy disease” you will have made the limerick more complete and memorable.

“dreadful disease” falls flat at the end and seems lazy.

This is my opinion, of course, but as good as your mathematical acumen is my ... you know the rest.

Chao

Interesting comment. Sleepy does fit with the title of the chapter the limerick is in, and slides off the tongue well, On the other hand, I wanted a bit of dissonance there to indicate the seriousness of the case and dreadful seems to bring that in as a wake up shock. Will have to consider this more.

EN
Total Posts:  21490
Joined  11-03-2007

23 January 2019 11:05

Chao

For the record, it’s “ciao”.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8585
Joined  20-02-2006

23 January 2019 12:03

EN - 23 January 2019 11:05 AM

Chao

For the record, it’s “ciao”.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ciao

quote:  “When “ciao” is used by Americans, instead of looking sophisticated, they look like retards. So, if you’re American…. just don’t say it.”  - (urban dictionary)

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

23 January 2019 14:18

Bruce, I took college Italian for 6 semesters, so I know how to spell ciao.

But I also took 4 semesters of Spanish, so I know that in Mexico, where burt was, the more correct spelling is chao, although both spellings can be used.

EN
Total Posts:  21490
Joined  11-03-2007

23 January 2019 14:32

Brother Mario - 23 January 2019 02:18 PM

Bruce, I took college Italian for 6 semesters, so I know how to spell ciao.

But I also took 4 semesters of Spanish, so I know that in Mexico, where burt was, the more correct spelling is chao, although both spellings can be used.

Ah, OK.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

23 January 2019 15:00

So no one caught the pigeon’s syllogism error where he shits on his own head?

He meant to write, “Joe is [not] an elephant”.

Come on, people, use that brilliance if you want it to not be debatable that you have it.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15809
Joined  17-12-2006

23 January 2019 16:21

Brother Mario - 23 January 2019 03:00 PM

So no one caught the pigeon’s syllogism error where he shits on his own head?

He meant to write, “Joe is [not] an elephant”.

Come on, people, use that brilliance if you want it to not be debatable that you have it.

I didn’t want to bother responding. I suspect if that had been pointed out he would have used it to drag out another long shit-filled thread. He’s now on my do not respond list.

‹ First  < 134 135 136 137 138 >  Last ›