‹ First  < 138 139 140 141 > 

Brother Mario

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  01-11-2014

24 March 2019 12:49

Brother Mario - 17 March 2019 01:06 PM

I’ll listen to it again and tell you where to find it, because Ian definitely said “go ... a duck”.

I could once sing every word of “Thick as a Brick”, and on its first day of release I was tripping on acid listening to it when 10 narcs showed up with a warrant to search my apartment.

And there are moments in that song that are my favorite music to listen to, just below “Nessun Dorma”.

Well, well, there’s more to our good Brother Mario than meets the eye.

I pulled up “Thick as a Brick” on Youtube the other night and checked out a couple of live performances from the 70s. I’d almost forgotten what brilliant musicians Jethro Tull had, how fantastic the music was, and, of course, what a great showman Ian Anderson is.

There’s a lovely CD by Ian Anderson called “Divinities: Twelve Dances with God.” You might like that one, Mario. It’s an instrumental, orchestral piece.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1022
Joined  26-02-2017

24 March 2019 19:22

Ian Anderson’s acoustic guitar work is amazing. Listen to Baker Street Muse for a treat.

Divinities is pretty good, from what I’ve heard, but I need vocals in a song. It’s just me.

When Tull toured, I would go to both the Boston and Providence concerts. I saw two concerts each from Aqualung to War Child.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

02 April 2019 19:48

It’s been a good week.

Found out our fifth grandchild is a girl, Mila Mello.

Had a birthday party for Mila’s mother.

Bought an unopened original copy of Tull’s album “Benefit”.

Painted a bedroom for a Harvard lawyer and a kitchen for a retired Catholic priest.

Paid $1,500 for 215 10 cent comics from the 1940s in mint condition, which are worth an easy $25,000. The seller didn’t realize that the comparable books he saw for sale online were in poor condition. Mint condition comics from this era are rare and in private collections not for sale.

Bought another 200 comics from the 50s for $600 that were just as mint, and worth about $10,000.

With the $29,000 invoice I put in at a factory for the past 4 weeks of work there, I had around a $65,000 week.

As a religious person would say, God is good.

Or, as I would say, being fully alive is the shizzle.

[ Edited: 05 April 2019 03:28 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

03 April 2019 05:52

So ...

Our administration is once again bemoaning the participation here.

There is so much brilliance here, but new and old posters just aren’t bathing in the light.

Nhoj can time his thinking so accurately through trioonity that he doesn’t even need to actually think of anything good and true, just time himself as he thinks.

LadyJane can frame her thinking so metaphorically through poetry that she doesn’t even need to actually think of anything worth its salt, just sprinkle herself as she thinks.

And Martin doesn’t really like to think much at all, but is just another Englishman who so easily brushes aside great realities for his own version of Henry the VIII’s horny nobility.

I warned you long ago and many times to not build this forum upon the weak backs of a few insignificant regulars who share atheism’s delusions of grandeur and simpletons of thought.

But my warnings died upon the molehill that thought itself a mountain.

[ Edited: 03 April 2019 06:34 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8356
Joined  20-02-2006

04 April 2019 10:55

Brother Mario - 02 April 2019 07:48 PM

It’s been a good week.

Paid $1,500 for 215 10 cent comics from the 1940s in mint condition, which are worth an easy $25,000. The seller didn’t realize that the comparable books he saw for sale online were in poor condition. Mint condition comics from this era are rare and in private collections not for sale.

Or, as another religious person would say to the seller, “Do you realize that your comic books are in mint condition?  That means they are worth an easy $25,000!  Those comparable books you saw for sale online were in poor condition and that makes a huge difference.”

gloat:  to contemplate or dwell on one’s own success or another’s misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.  -  (Webster)

[ Edited: 04 April 2019 11:02 by unsmoked]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

05 April 2019 04:12

Skippy, the forum is a ghost town covered in pigeon shit. Your insignificant posts had a lot to do with it ... putting significant posts in a jar had more to do with it.

Jan, quickly tell me something EN has written that you remember and that became meaningful to you even today ... and flattering him is why he writes to you in the first place.

unsmoked, ...

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

05 April 2019 10:03

unsmoked - 04 April 2019 10:55 AM
Brother Mario - 02 April 2019 07:48 PM

It’s been a good week.

Or, as another religious person would say to the seller, “Do you realize that your comic books are in mint condition?  That means they are worth an easy $25,000!  Those comparable books you saw for sale online were in poor condition and that makes a huge difference.”  *

gloat:  to contemplate or dwell on one’s own success or another’s misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.  -  (Webster)

*  Matthew 7:12 -  The Golden Rule

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.”

(note to newcomers -  Mario has me on ‘ignore this poster’ so he won’t see this).

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 April 2019 14:23

Nhoj, I waited for your other shoe to drop before commenting on the new thoughts bouncing around in your head.

Now, let me correct you:

The purest expression of the word “love” is to do or say something for the single purpose of reaching out to another being for their own benefit and their own benefit alone.

The purest expression of the word “hate” is to do or say something for the single purpose of taking from another being for your own benefit and your own benefit alone.

Therefore, Trump and his supporters are indeed a “smoldering cauldron of hate”, for he and they have the single purpose of making America great again for themselves and no one else.

And Trump himself, in his all-consuming narcissistic existence, is one of the most hate-filled persons to have ever been born.

And to correct you further:

It is not that obedience to the most profound love of all, the love of God, has been tried and found wanting, but that the most profound love of all has not been tried because it has been found too difficult.

And, in that, your first shoe drop was not as facetious as you might think it was.

Your quick acceptance of flattery is a sure sign of your obedience to the purest expression of hate.

The greatest person who ever lived once asked a flatterer, “Why call me good?”

Become like him by becoming obedient to the most profound love of all, rather than being obedient to the some new thoughts bouncing around in your head. It must be unnerving (and quite silly, actually) trying to time them.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 April 2019 19:35

nonverbal, I have you on ignore for two reasons—after coming to my thread and acting frliendly, you would sneak over to other threads and talk shit about me like a little bitch; and you were basically a dunce not worth engaging.

Go back to Nhoj’s thread, for his question to you was rhetorical about his first post, which you questioned, not about you and what you wrote.

And try to see just how clueless you are, and that’s why you’re an atheist groupie.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1572
Joined  31-10-2015

08 April 2019 20:16

Brother Mario - 08 April 2019 07:35 PM

nonverbal, I have you on ignore for two reasons—after coming to my thread and acting frliendly, you would sneak over to other threads and talk shit about me like a little bitch; and you were basically a dunce not worth engaging.

Go back to Nhoj’s thread, for his question to you was rhetorical about his first post, which you questioned, not about you and what you wrote.

And try to see just how clueless you are, and that’s why you’re an atheist groupie.

I don’t care how you interpret the posts of others, and I don’t care if you continue spewing about your many obsessions and delusions. Please continue not reading most of my posts.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6219
Joined  22-02-2005

08 April 2019 20:46

Including that one!

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1572
Joined  31-10-2015

09 April 2019 05:33

Nhoj Morley - 08 April 2019 08:46 PM

Including that one!

. . . but he cheats sometimes. Also, unsmoked sees through Mario’s psychological weaknesses and knows that Mario lacks the minimal strength of will required to ignore what’s in front of his face, so unsmoked devised a way to trip up the Ignore feature. ‘Tis a beautiful thing, but I probably won’t be using it. I’d rather tempt Mario into cheating now and then, for the sport of it.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

09 April 2019 05:51

Speaking of clueless ...

Nhoj, try to see why this forum is so insignificant, and draws to itself pigeons and racists and old smokers who quit too late.

You wrote two diatribes trying to write something significant to explain this time of Trump and his moronic followers who revel in his narcissism and bigotry.

You began these diatribes extolling your atheism for giving you the freedom to throw words to the side because the absolute truth about anything means nothing to you.

And you ended your diatribes trapped in your materialism. So you made the stupid claim that there was no “hate” in the primordial soup when life began, so there’s no “cauldron of hate” in humanity now, just a bar full of regulars drinking and talking.

This is your big discovery, your brilliant deduction, your significant contribution to the world of Trump we find ourselves in.

No ... the posters on this forum will not be able to have any worthwhile discussions with you on your big, brilliant, and significant contribution because the posters on this forum have been whittled down to atheist/materialists like yourself ... and the uneducated. You will only get agreements or slight changes ... and crickets.

This is because the only true rebuttal to be had at the end of your diatribes is a discussion on absolute truth and immaterial realities.

Such a rebuttal is what makes the whole thing work, like a wall in handball. Our ideas need to be whacked back at us and then whacked back by us. It’s called a sport. It’s fun and amusing.

But you have administered the sport out of the forum, and all for the sake of a few regulars, like a miserable pride-filled psychologist and a selfish rich asshole and a self-loving Christian drinking buddy.

Anyway ...

Hate exists: “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”

And love exists: Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Yes ... words matter, because we matter far more than some primordial soup.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

09 April 2019 20:46

Brother Mario - 09 April 2019 05:51 AM

Speaking of clueless ...

Nhoj, try to see why this forum is so insignificant, and draws to itself pigeons and racists and old smokers who quit too late.

You wrote two diatribes trying to write something significant to explain this time of Trump and his moronic followers who revel in his narcissism and bigotry.

You began these diatribes extolling your atheism for giving you the freedom to throw words to the side because the absolute truth about anything means nothing to you.

And you ended your diatribes trapped in your materialism. So you made the stupid claim that there was no “hate” in the primordial soup when life began, so there’s no “cauldron of hate” in humanity now, just a bar full of regulars drinking and talking.

This is your big discovery, your brilliant deduction, your significant contribution to the world of Trump we find ourselves in.

No ... the posters on this forum will not be able to have any worthwhile discussions with you on your big, brilliant, and significant contribution because the posters on this forum have been whittled down to atheist/materialists like yourself ... and the uneducated. You will only get agreements or slight changes ... and crickets.

This is because the only true rebuttal to be had at the end of your diatribes is a discussion on absolute truth and immaterial realities.

Such a rebuttal is what makes the whole thing work, like a wall in handball. Our ideas need to be whacked back at us and then whacked back by us. It’s called a sport. It’s fun and amusing.

But you have administered the sport out of the forum, and all for the sake of a few regulars, like a miserable pride-filled psychologist and a selfish rich asshole and a self-loving Christian drinking buddy.

Anyway ...

Hate exists: “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”

And love exists: Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Yes ... words matter, because we matter far more than some primordial soup.

Notice that In Mario’s post #2088, he is crowing about taking advantage of a person’s ignorance to profit at their expense.  A canny wheeler dealer? 

“Well, but they weren’t my neighbor.”

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

18 April 2019 17:11

Hello, everyone.

Hello?

No one’s here at the forum again.

I guess the dry and rattling posts finally took their toll.

I mean, how long can people keep asking the same questions when they don’t want or expect an actual answer?

Yes, the very definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

So take heart—in leaving this place you’ve proved that you’re all sane.

Now … unsmoked …

‹ First  < 138 139 140 141 >