‹ First  < 146 147 148 149 150 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8635
Joined  20-02-2006

07 June 2019 12:26

Brother Mario - 07 June 2019 05:45 AM

I mean, if you’re such a critical thinker, why are you not asking the scientific community When? will it discover anything more than another theory piled upon another theory in its quest to provide a completely materialistic explanation to the emergence and evolution of life on the Earth, a planet that was dead as a doornail?

Mario,

You might live long enough to see life created in a lab.  All your degrees and conversations with God haven’t equipped you to grasp the possibility of a universe sprinkled with living planets, many of them home to intelligent creatures that don’t resemble you.  The fantasy-world you live in could be dispelled with a single whiff of reality - a breath that your religious teachers have made sure is anathema to you.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  26-02-2017

07 June 2019 13:34

Bruce, combined elements creating a combination of elements is not a greater thing than elements because you can drink it.

No scientific discovery has proven the beginning of anything greater than what went before it. Only theories exist. And that is proof of the principle I have given you.

A philosophical principle that reveals an important truth about reality cannot be watered down to suit someone’s agenda against philosophical principles.

You know what I mean by “greater”, but you just don’t care about the truth of it because you can’t bring yourself to accept that the deepest truth is hidden from the shallow person.

You see all people as the same in everything. And that’s just stupid.

Ask your glass of water if I’m making sense.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

07 June 2019 16:01

And for the record ...

The philosophical principle I have given to you was given to me forty years ago by the man who put it together from a lifetime of philosophical talent, Fr. Marius Schneider.

He had three Doctorates — Philosophy, Psychology, and Theology.

He wrote important papers in the middle of the last century refuting atheistic communism, Freud’s nonspiritual psychobabble, modern materialism, and other such human errors.

He could read in a dozen languages and speak in a half dozen.

He was a missionary in China at the risk of his life.

He was my professor, spiritual director, and friend.

He lived across the hall from me and died just before I left the monastery.

And he understood chemistry as the science of physical matter quite profoundly, as all scholastically trained intellects do.

EN
Total Posts:  21592
Joined  11-03-2007

07 June 2019 18:57

Brother Mario - 07 June 2019 01:34 PM

Bruce, combined elements creating a combination of elements is not a greater thing than elements because you can drink it.

No scientific discovery has proven the beginning of anything greater than what went before it. Only theories exist. And that is proof of the principle I have given you.

A philosophical principle that reveals an important truth about reality cannot be watered down to suit someone’s agenda against philosophical principles.

You know what I mean by “greater”, but you just don’t care about the truth of it because you can’t bring yourself to accept that the deepest truth is hidden from the shallow person.

You see all people as the same in everything. And that’s just stupid.

Ask your glass of water if I’m making sense.

You don’t define “greater” so that allows you to say “no, that’s not it”.  If something is necessary for life, that is “greater” in my book. No water- no people - no relationship with or revelation of God.  Mario doesn’t exist without water.  But someone said something to you and you accepted it as truth, so that does it for you.  You are as shallow as anyone here.

[ Edited: 07 June 2019 19:00 by EN]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 June 2019 05:33

It looks like you did ask that glass of water.

No. Drinking water does not make water greater than the combination of elements it is. Look up the word “essence”.

And I was wrong about one thing — you actually don’t know when one thing is greater than another thing.

Your southern Protestant upbringing has deformed you for life in more ways than any southern Protestant even knows are ways.

Everything I have told you is written in books that have inspired the greatest minds and hearts in human history.

You’re telling me stuff a bar full of drunks talk about every day.

Go there. It’s where you fit in.

Francis Bacon, the father of the scientific method, said that through looking at the universe scientifically we come to the knowledge of the existence of God, but only through special revelation do we come to a knowledge of who God is.

You’re not even close to being an intelligent fellow, so your attempts to school someone who is are ludicrous.

Out of all your thousands of posts, point me to one that you or anyone else remembers.

Revelations from God separate us out from others who did not get them to the degree that we are already separated out from others in humility and obedience at the first time we hear of God.

God sees us, chooses us, and reveals to us.

As I said, you see everyone as the same. And that’s not what you were told, but only what you heard.

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

08 June 2019 12:20

You are so much like Donald Trump, but you are totally blind to the comparison.  Just tell me straight up what YOU mean by greater.  Life is greater to me.  Water is necessary for life. If that’s not greater, enlighten me.  You have to be the greatest, so I’m sure you will define it in a way that exalts you.  Your pride and hubris are rivaled only by the Mafia Don who lives in the White House.  He is the most un-Jesus like person I know. You are number two.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

08 June 2019 12:53

Brother Mario - 08 June 2019 05:33 AM

It looks like you did ask that glass of water.

No. Drinking water does not make water greater than the combination of elements it is. Look up the word “essence”.

And I was wrong about one thing — you actually don’t know when one thing is greater than another thing.

Your southern Protestant upbringing has deformed you for life in more ways than any southern Protestant even knows are ways.

Everything I have told you is written in books that have inspired the greatest minds and hearts in human history.

You’re telling me stuff a bar full of drunks talk about every day.

Go there. It’s where you fit in.

Francis Bacon, the father of the scientific method, said that through looking at the universe scientifically we come to the knowledge of the existence of God, but only through special revelation do we come to a knowledge of who God is.

You’re not even close to being an intelligent fellow, so your attempts to school someone who is are ludicrous.

Out of all your thousands of posts, point me to one that you or anyone else remembers.

Revelations from God separate us out from others who did not get them to the degree that we are already separated out from others in humility and obedience at the first time we hear of God.

God sees us, chooses us, and reveals to us.

As I said, you see everyone as the same. And that’s not what you were told, but only what you heard.

The highlighted remark about Southern Protestants informs us that your Catholic upbringing has deformed you for life, just as Father Junipero Serra’s Catholic upbringing deformed him for life (even though his statue is on the grounds of the California State Capitol)  Read about his brutal enslavement of California’s Native Americans: https://www.amazon.com/Cross-Thorns-Enslavement-Californias-Missions/dp/1610353048

Your other highlighted sentence about memorable posts reminds me that billions of religious people remember hundreds or thousands of ‘posts’ from the Bible or Koran and other sacred books that are blatantly false and preposterous - misleading people from one generation to the next.  Your brain, as one of those billions, is awash in thousands of memorable falsehoods, convinced by learned authorities for example, that a dead person came back to life and walked out of its tomb - just as in dozens of religious myths . . . and today’s horror movies.  https://listverse.com/2013/03/30/10-resurrected-religious-figures/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ks6JqLzVTA  (caution - trailer for The Lazarus Effect - Horror)

[ Edited: 08 June 2019 13:00 by unsmoked]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 June 2019 18:41

Bruce, I don’t know what to say to you. I’ve given you nothing but straight answers to what is greater and what is lesser.

Physical matter is lesser than a living being because its essence is lesser.

If life is greater to you, then you should understand that a combination of elements is not greater than a single element “in essence” as living beings are greater than dead elements.

What is dead is lesser than what is alive. What is mindless is lesser than what can think.

A single living being is greater than a whole universe of dead matter.

And a single thinking being is greater than every living thing that is mindless.

Look at a rock, and then look at a flower. Look at a flower, and then look at a dog.

Try to see the greater essence in these comparisons.

This is not my opinion but a philosophical understanding that has been around since humans have been around.

Scientists will never create life in a lab because when the Earth was evolving and the time was right and the circumstances perfect, God “touched” his physical matter and in a special manner added to it his divine “essence”, which is greater than life itself.

To be alive is a lesser thing than to be alive and a God.

It is therefore impossible for physical matter, a lesser thing, to combine in some fashion and under some circumstances and, all by itself, create a living thing, a greater thing. God, a thing greater than life itself, must be added to physical matter for life to begin.

A combination of physical matter creating life cannot be the beginning of life, for this is an absurdity.

Life creating life cannot be the beginning of life, for this is a contradiction.

God creating life can be the only logical way life could have begun on a completely dead Earth.

And the evolution of life into a teeming biosphere of increasing complexity, and with a human being at its pinnacle, is further philosophical proof that God, an omnipotent being, is not only the author of life but also the power behind evolution itself.

Why are no two faces alike? Whenever I draw a face it looks like the face I drew before. Even animals look different from each other.

If you had philosophical talent you would see God’s omnipotence present and acting behind all that you see.

If you had a true revelation from God you would see God’s spirit present and acting behind all that you do.

Which brings me to ...

You’ll die like most people do, a superficial person stubbornly refusing to deny himself and sacrifice everything for a life of deeper realities.

I gave away about $400 since yesterday to family members, workers, and strangers because they needed it and I couldn’t turn away when I saw they needed it. I always give bonuses to my workers because I know they need it. I give a grandson in technical school $200 a week so my daughter won’t have to.

I have a ton of work to get done and make a lot of money whenever I work. But I still found time this week to work for free on my knees sanding down a peeling deck and replacing boards for someone when I heard they needed help. They learned I did it after I did it. I spent a couple of hours today, on my day off, helping someone because I heard they were doing something that my truck would have helped them do.

The Holy Spirit can’t use shallow people who think their way out of helping others or reaching into their pockets.

You calling me like Donald Trump is more of your stupidity. He has never given a dime to anyone or spent a moment of his time on anyone but himself.

And, in this selfishness, I’m willing to bet the farm that you’re the same type of selfish bastard who knows where every dime is and spends every day serving only himself and his belly.

[ Edited: 09 June 2019 03:19 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

09 June 2019 13:40

Brother Mario - 08 June 2019 06:41 PM

This is not my opinion but a philosophical understanding that has been around since humans have been around.

Mario,

in spite of your conversations with God, and all your college degrees, you never found out that corpses do not come back to life.  https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/brain-death1.htm

I’m surprised that your learned and scholarly Catholic teachers never explained the meaning of this Bible passage to you:

Matthew 6:1-4
“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

10 June 2019 04:55

The Owl Guy needs to use his critical thinking and research the many forms of intelligence there are.

His success at work on a single problem is one basic form of intelligence on the level of a chimpanzee figuring out using a stick to reach in an anthill for ants.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

10 June 2019 10:35

EN - 08 June 2019 12:20 PM

Your pride and hubris are rivaled only by the Mafia Don who lives in the White House.  He is the most un-Jesus like person I know. You are number two.

Mario,

Speaking of un-Jesus like persons, why do you hate your enemies?  Is it because you really are not religious as you often claim?  You like to disavow the things Jesus said, or reinterpret him to accommodate your spewing of hatred and vulgar insults?  God has told you that Jesus didn’t mean what he said?  In your conversations with God, has he asked you to rewrite the Scriptures and demonstrate how to slander and hate your enemies?  Is it possible that your conversations with God are really conversations with Beelzebub, and Beelzy is telling you what you like to hear?  Unlike Jesus, he is telling you to hate and slander the people on the Sam Harris forum.  He is telling you to tell us how great you are; how intelligent and brilliant you are! - just like Trump. 

Luke 6:27-36 New International Version
Love for Enemies

“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.  If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.  Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.  Do to others as you would have them do to you.

If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.  And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.  And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you?  Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.  But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.  Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.”

[ Edited: 10 June 2019 10:45 by unsmoked]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

12 June 2019 05:50

There’s a pattern here—

I write about God in my thread at length for a time, and then after a few days some of you dolts come out of the shadows to write nonsense about “visions” and “religion” and such.

And, of course, you only engage an Owl and a Texas Glutton when you do.

nonverbal started a thread against the Owl’s “revelations” by describing his spiritual experiences as a “vision that was a seizure”, when they were a common religious experience that takes place at the beginning of a very many people’s first experiences of spirituality.

Our minds and our spirits are intertwined at the deepest part of us, so they engage themselves often, and, at the beginning of one’s spiritual life, these engagements are confusing to the person having these strange experiences.

Having dreams about Jesus and our becoming joined to him in some fashion are normal occurances. I had dozens of these dreams. And these dreams helped me move along in the spiritual world to firmer and more profound experiences. But at no time was I an intellectual idiot like nonverbal and thought I was having “seizures”. And his description of his “visions” do not in any shape or form describe a medical seizure, but only a mental pairing with his newfound spirituality. His friend, the intelligent one, got it right and continued on past his first fervor and became a child of God that changed his life. nonverbal ended his journey into spirituality and became a dipshit that can’t think his way out of a paper bag.

Anyway ...

Keep talking to the Owl who doesn’t have the critical thinking skills to understand that the Jesus he says he believes in spoke about being one with his Father and sending his Spirit and therefore always being with us as a TRINITY of persons. This Owl thinks he’s a genius because he sees Jesus as short with brown eyes, as if all people from the Middle East are short with brown eyes.

And keep talking to the Texas Glutton who doesn’t have the intellect to see himself for the fool he is. This glutton thinks he’s a genuis because he sees Jesus as “love”, as if being nice to each other is all God has planned for us.

And don’t talk to the Catholic Mystic who actually knows all about spirituality. How can you keep up your dipshit delusions about your amazing intellectual gifts if you do?

That thread on critical thinking is really an amazing display of wit and wisdom. It’s not stupefyingly boring at all.

[ Edited: 12 June 2019 05:53 by Brother Mario]

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

12 June 2019 13:42

Texas Glutton. Nice. Does that fact that I lost 40 pounds two years ago make any difference?  Not to you, since you are the almighty Word of God who is always right.  I’ll take your assessment of my character with the same seriousness that I take your other posts, since, in my mind, you are just one ring above Donald Trump on the Not Jesus Scale.  Your self-aggrandizement and self-glorification come from the pits of Hades, the exact opposite of the humble Christ.  Congratulations. You have almost achieved Anti-Christ status.  But someone else is already in that slot.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

12 June 2019 16:20

I only call you that because you very consistently want to talk about your drinking, vacations, and cigars. You do know that smoking is in the gluttony category, right?

And you have always been the person who stops my posts about knowing the Lord. Look it up. You and Dennis were partners year after year in making sure any talk from me about Jesus being the Truth was squashed.

You don’t know this Jesus, only that God is love, and a weak selfish empty love, at that.

My attacks on this forum are legitimate because of the people here. They really do need to shut up when they say their opinions about God are clever and intelligent. Like you do.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

12 June 2019 19:58

Brother Mario - 08 June 2019 06:41 PM

.I gave away about $400 since yesterday to family members, workers, and strangers because they needed it and I couldn’t turn away when I saw they needed it. I always give bonuses to my workers because I know they need it. I give a grandson in technical school $200 a week so my daughter won’t have to.

I have a ton of work to get done and make a lot of money whenever I work. But I still found time this week to work for free on my knees sanding down a peeling deck and replacing boards for someone when I heard they needed help. They learned I did it after I did it. I spent a couple of hours today, on my day off, helping someone because I heard they were doing something that my truck would have helped them do.

Mathew 6:2

Giving to the Needy

Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be praised by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,…

In this June 3 New Yorker cartoon, Mario asks permission from God to do the opposite of what Jesus said.  “Let me go to a public forum and trumpet my good deeds and generosity.”

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/im-bored-youre-bored-emily-flake.html

[ Edited: 12 June 2019 20:01 by unsmoked]

‹ First  < 146 147 148 149 150 >  Last ›