‹ First  < 152 153 154 155 156 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

EN
Total Posts:  21597
Joined  11-03-2007

14 July 2019 19:38

Mario, that is not a true picture of Jesus. Someone who never saw Jesus drew it. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in your head. You are so bewitched by Catholicism you don’t see how stupid you sound sometimes.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  26-02-2017

14 July 2019 19:59

Yes, and the Shroud, with an perfect negative image on both sides of the cloth but not in the middle, was manufactured in the 14th century because its carbon dating told you so.

God is pretty cool in the way he hides the Truth from idiots, like when the Resurrection created an explosion of the smallest particles of matter there are and altered the carbon atoms of the Shroud.

Or, as you say, I’m just a gullible Catholic and you’re the worldly wise man.

But here’s a thing:

What do you think will happen at the last day? Will you and your skeptic friends stand tall before God for being intellectual realists and saving your shekels for trips to Russia? Or will you and your skeptic friends hang your heads in shame at all that you have failed to give God credit for and all that you have inflicted upon his children who he has granted knowledge and love of himself to?

That picture is real. I know it because I have met Jesus upon reaching the highest level of contemplation humanly possible.

Don’t take your Bible to Russia. And don’t speak to anyone about the Lord. Just like here.

And put that picture of Jesus next to a picture of the face on the Shroud to see for yourself something truly amazing.

[ Edited: 14 July 2019 20:06 by Brother Mario]

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

14 July 2019 20:05

Mario, that’s a Jesus baseball card. You don’t know what Jesus looked like. You can make all the unsubstantiated claims you want. Jesus would have never acted like you act. Where did you get all this ungodly pride?  You saying you have met Jesus on the highest level possible is like me saying I spent a year with the Gorak race on the planet Nexon 55 million light years from here.  Nothing about you makes me want to believe any of this.  I had no doubt about your simple explanation of your experiences, but now you are making yourself out to be the most enlightened and wise person in the history of the world.  No wonder you are in prison.

By the way, the year that picture was taken, Jesus batted .307 and had 48 homers.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

14 July 2019 20:15

And now you don’t even know about the levels of contemplation. Of course, you don’t. St. John of the Cross didn’t make your Protestant book club.

There’s a reason Protestants have no leaders who reached a communication with God that Jesus spoke about and revealed to us in his own life.

Remember that Peter actually saw Moses and Elijah talking with Jesus?

Well, Peter wasn’t the only person God granted such a favor to. You’re just not in a position to accept such a Truth.

And what is more pride-filled—me receiving all the revelations and levels of contemplation I claim to have received and then thinking I was so special that I remained a Franciscan and became a high-ranking prelate, or me returning to a normal life because I thought I was just a regular guy who God granted me such favors because that’s what he does for anyone who has the generous heart he’s looking for?

When you give of your time and money so much that it hurts, then you know that your heart is more important to you than your selfish pride.

It’s a good test of who you are. And that’s who Jesus was, not an ass-kissing goody two shoes who told everyone that they don’t have to do anything but be good. He confronted people constantly for not living up to their potential, and he refused to let anyone call him good.

So, yes, Jesus acted like I do.

[ Edited: 14 July 2019 20:34 by Brother Mario]

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15848
Joined  17-12-2006

14 July 2019 20:44

Brother Mario - 14 July 2019 05:29 PM

I just couldn’t read that paragraph, so I being helpful not critical.

Your problem, not mind. Given your claimed education it ought to have been readable, at least slowly.

Brother Mario - 14 July 2019 05:29 PM

And be honest— you’re not a person who accepts any dogma, even as a first step.

Try to understand where I’m coming from in my support of dogma. For me, a person who is extremely fortunate enough to be born at a time and place to hear about the life, death, and Resurrection of the greatest person who ever lived, only to shrug it off as religious talk or one dogma of many, is the epitome of human failure.

It just doesn’t get worse than that on just so many levels.

And it’s widespread and getting wider.

And we’re all suffering as a human race from this single individual human failure.

The love of this world is the ruin of us all.

See Donald Trump.

You’re creating too broad a categorization, by far. Just because I don’t take a dogmatic religious statement as absolute truth doesn’t mean I don’t respect those who do, so long as they treat it properly and live accordingly. It’s the Socratic point, externalized to others. You’re seeming to claim that the most serious failing of humanity at present is lack of acceptance of your particular dogmatic beliefs. I think differently. Different strokes.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

14 July 2019 21:02

And there you have it, burt.

For you there is only “my” dogmatic “beliefs”, and not dogmatic Truth.

Thank you for being honest.

For you, God is again doing nothing and we are doing everything.

For you, God reveals nothing that we can truthfully know because he has created us so flawed and so far below him that we are in another dimension, so to speak.

These are your dogmatic beliefs.

But what if you are wrong?

What if we were created anew through an outpouring of the Holy Spirit at the fullness of time, and now the veil has been lifted and we can know and love God as he is in himself, and know the Truth with wisdom and understanding?

And what if the Kingdom of God is at hand, and we can today become like God?

Wouldn’t that be a huge mistake on your part?

And wouldn’t that make you just another worldly man, an insignificant participant in humanity’s battle against the principalities and powers out to get us?

There seems to be more at stake than writing paragraphs that no one wants to read.

[ Edited: 14 July 2019 21:04 by Brother Mario]

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15848
Joined  17-12-2006

14 July 2019 21:18

Brother Mario - 14 July 2019 09:02 PM

And there you have it, burt.

For you there is only “my” dogmatic “beliefs”, and not dogmatic Truth.

Thank you for being honest.

For you, God is again doing nothing and we are doing everything.

For you, God reveals nothing that we can truthfully know because he has created us so flawed and so far below him that we are in another dimension, so to speak.

These are your dogmatic beliefs.

But what if you are wrong?

What if we were created anew through an outpouring of the Holy Spirit at the fullness of time, and now the veil has been lifted and we can know and love God as he is in himself, and know the Truth with wisdom and understanding?

And what if the Kingdom of God is at hand, and we can today become like God?

Wouldn’t that be a huge mistake on your part?

And wouldn’t that make you just another worldly man, an insignificant participant in humanity’s battle against the principalities and powers out to get us?

There seems to be more at stake than writing paragraphs that no one wants to read.

Well, there it is. You couldn’t respond to my comment so have nothing to say other than going overboard in generalized assumptions about me. Is it really true that you can’t conceive anything outside of your particular box?

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

15 July 2019 03:58

Your point is moot.

Great things are not accomplished and great lives are not lived because a person believes in a lie, but because a person has discovered a Truth and received all the power that comes from that discovery.

You’re confused. Psychological misrepresentations of the Truth never create greatness, only more mediocrity.

And the mediocre just don’t know or live the greatness they refuse to acknowledge.

Everyone is the same and all Truth is relative.

This is the mantra of the inexperienced intellectual living with his head in a book.

[ Edited: 30 July 2019 14:16 by Brother Mario]

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

15 July 2019 05:00

Brother Mario - 15 July 2019 03:58 AM

Your point is mute.

You mean “moot”?  Didn’t they teach you that in your superior creative writing education?

“moot point”. A debatable question, an issue open to argument; also, an irrelevant question, a matter of no importance.

If God reveals things to you at the same level that he revealed things to Peter or Paul, what in God’s name are you doing here?  Why aren’t you out there changing the world?  Here you just seem like a frustrated and pissed off little man who has to bang his fists and beat his chest to convince others of his relevance.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

15 July 2019 05:29

Or here I am fighting against puppets being manipulated by principalities and powers into putting God, the source of all goodness, wisdom, and love, into a very small box where he cannot carry out his Kingdom upon the Earth.

And you are being manipulated into thinking that God is primarily a religious idea served best in a religious setting.

Jesus walked dirt roads talking to everyone he met, from simple people to Roman soldiers to hypocritical Jewish religious leaders.

And the way he spoke to such hypocrites who refused to live the life with God they claimed to have, and even kept others from living this life, is the way I speak to you and your selfish skeptic friends living for this world of temporary things.

And I wrote that quick post to burt on my phone on the toilet before I took my dog to school early this morning. I would have reread it at this time and corrected it as I always do when I have more time.

I think the significant thing is your need to find flaws in me to scapegoat the Truth about yourself and your friends that you actually think is the opposite of how wonderful you all claim to be.

A tree is known by its fruit.

If you live for today and are loving it, then you simply do not love what tomorrow brings, and you are storing up your treasure here for your greedy little hands to hold.

You say that God looks in our heart.

Well, he also looks in dry mouths and hungry bellies and sorrowful spirits and every place his children suffer from injustice and natural circumstances.

Where is your heart in the face of God’s concerns for the lowliest of his children?

We are different, you and I.

You want to see the world and I’ve seen enough of it to want to help myself and others overcome it.

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

15 July 2019 07:59

You don’t know anything about me and my service for God or man.  You don’t know anything about what I’ve done. But I’m not here to talk about “my greatness” like you are, Mr. Trump. How did you get so despicable?  How did your pride and arrogance grow to this degree, given the close relationship to the humble Jesus that you claim to have?  God, man, wake up.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

15 July 2019 10:37

Yes, that’s what’s going on here— I’m despicable and you’re God’s friend.

I’m sure he’s quite pleased with you telling skeptics how intelligent they are and how correct they are to use scientific explanations for all human realities except your personal faith.

What I know about you is what I know about myself and everyone else— that is impossible to please God without acknowledging and being obedient to his spirit every moment of every day.

Everyone has done a good deed or two.

But almost everyone picks and chooses when a good deed will be done, not allowing the spontaneous call of the Holy Spirit to have any meaningful effect on them.

And then there’s that pesky self-sacrifice that’s impossible to do when God becomes a footnote to our lives.

You know, like you tell skeptics that God only is so we can all get along.

The anger you feel toward me is more of the same self-love you live in all the time.

If you were a man of God, you wouldn’t be denying him by telling skeptics that their intellectual nonsense has changed your thinking about God.

You’ve told skeptics that maybe our souls are on another planet, or maybe imprinted on light beams, or all sorts of stupid shit.

Our souls are gifts from God’s love and return to God upon our death so we can be with God and complete his glorious plan.

There is no other answer, you fucking dipshit.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8637
Joined  20-02-2006

15 July 2019 11:51

Brother Mario - 15 July 2019 10:37 AM

Our souls are gifts from God’s love and return to God upon our death so we can be with God and complete his glorious plan.

There is no other answer, you fucking dipshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomás_de_Torquemada

There are various estimates of the number of victims of the Spanish Inquisition during Torquemada’s reign as Grand Inquisitor. Hernando del Pulgar, Queen Isabella’s secretary, wrote that 2,000 executions took place throughout the entirety of her reign, which extended well beyond Torquemada’s death.

I suspect that when this good friar was overseeing the torture of innocent people who didn’t accept his answers, and when he was inspecting the crosses where they would be nailed, or the stakes where they would be burned alive as public entertainment, he said to them, “There is no other answer, you fucking dipshit!”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition#/media/File:An_auto-da-fé_of_the_Spanish_Inquisition_and_the_execution_o_Wellcome_V0041892.jpg

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  31-10-2015

15 July 2019 12:06

Brother Mario, to EN - 15 July 2019 10:37 AM

. . . you fucking dipshit.

Mario, how does it feel to be considered to exemplify a worthy example of how not to be an asset to humanity? Oh—that’s right—you actually drew someone in a few years back. So you’re not considered that way for some. But I suspect that most everyone else who reads your words ends up thinking low thoughts of you as a result. Is that how you like to be considered?

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

15 July 2019 16:56

Let me guess, the two dickheads above got their panties in a bunch because I called their dear Texas lawyer a fucking dipshit? Of course they did.

Two assholes who ridicule believers in God constantly and claim to be better thinkers than centuries of scholastics object to my language and certainly of the Truth. They objected to that, too, didn’t they?

Anyway ...

Your beloved Bruce is constantly putting air under your wings when you’re not even off the ground.

He can believe whatever he wants. But what he can’t do is support a bunch of fools who claim to have no beliefs but only facts, for that’s extremely stupid.

How can a believer support unbelief?

But you idiots actually do have plenty of beliefs. Thinking you are more intelligent than someone like me is one. I could outthink you people drunk, for you’re empty inside. That’s why you use dictionaries and the Internet and the ideas of others. You just don’t have anything to say on your own. How could you? You find your identity in not being a believer in God. Whoopdeefuckingdoo.

And I use the language I do because you are so dense I need a sledgehammer to crack open you even slightly.

But what will you do now that your confused Christian won’t be kissing your asses for a couple of weeks?

Maybe Nhoj needs to step in and get things weird. Or LadyJane can throw you an amateurish witty turn of phrase. Or the rich boy can have you giggling to a sophomoric sexual joke.

Your possibilities seem promising.

But I think Bruce really won’t keep away, unless Russia is a secular danger zone for him to exercise such freedom to use the Internet.

We’ll see what happens, here at the end of all things great and wonderful.

[ Edited: 16 July 2019 04:24 by Brother Mario]

‹ First  < 152 153 154 155 156 >  Last ›