‹ First  < 153 154 155 156 157 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8582
Joined  20-02-2006

16 July 2019 11:40

Brother Mario - 14 July 2019 08:15 PM

There’s a reason Protestants have no leaders who reached a communication with God that Jesus spoke about and revealed to us in his own life.  So, yes, Jesus acted like I do.

https://www.catholicfaithstore.com/daily-bread/crucifix-displaying-home-matters/

The Crucifix is ubiquitous in Catholic churches and homes.  History tells us that for hundreds of years the Church tortured and executed thousands of people who questioned or disagreed with its dogma.

As a kind of confession of its past sins, why doesn’t the Vatican proclaim that, beside the crucifix of Jesus, there should be at least a dozen statuettes of innocent skeptics who were tortured to death by the Church during the Inquisition?  Under each of these icons there could be a question like, “Did Jesus say anything that caused the church to commit atrocities like this?

Mario, since you claim to speak and act like Jesus, can you tell us what he said that inspired the horrible persecutions and atrocities of the Inquisition?  Can you tell us why Catholics don’t display a painting, engraving, or statuette of skeptics being tortured to death by the RCC as Jesus was tortured to death by the Romans? 

Mathew 25:40 -  “And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1156
Joined  26-02-2017

16 July 2019 15:36

Dickhead 6.0 —

One of you dummies is really concerned and afraid that “mythical belief systems” will ruin the planet and kill us all.

It won’t be secular greedy people and corporations polluting the Earth for money, it will be religious people denying climate change.

The depth of your atheism and subsequent ant-religious bigoted thinking is truly astounding.

You drank the kool aid and got super intelligent in an instant. It’s truly amazing how much you believe in atheism and your God mundane facts.

Yes, religious people are truly a danger.

I think it was the religious desire to help others that created the housing bubble and almost bankrupted millions of people and our country itself.

Thank facts that we bailed out big banks and let people get kicked out of their houses because of skyrocketed interest rates that came due for those stupid poor people.

I love secular capitalism and corporate greed.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

17 July 2019 11:45

unsmoked - 16 July 2019 11:40 AM

There’s a reason Protestants have no leaders who reached a communication with God that Jesus spoke about and revealed to us in his own life.  So, yes, Jesus acted like I do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

Grandiose delusions

People suffering from grandiose delusions wrongly hold themselves at an extraordinarily high status in their mind.
Grandiose delusions (GD), delusions of grandeur, expansive delusions are a subtype of delusion that occur in patients suffering from a wide range of psychiatric diseases, including two-thirds of patients in manic state of bipolar disorder, half of those with schizophrenia, patients with the grandiose subtype of delusional disorder, and a substantial portion of those with substance abuse disorders. GDs are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful. The delusions are generally fantastic and typically have a religious, science fictional, or supernatural theme. There is a relative lack of research into GD, in contrast to persecutory delusions and auditory hallucinations. About 10% of healthy people experience grandiose thoughts but do not meet full criteria for a diagnosis of GD.

See article for symptoms, diagnosis, etc.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

17 July 2019 14:51

Hey, LadyJane.

I see you found a way for me to post on other threads.

Thanks.

I’ll be sending you some posts soon.

Good looking out.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

17 July 2019 18:42

Wait ... what?

LadyJane, how could you?

I’m not in good standing?

Damn.

And I was so looking forward to using a dictionary to impress you with seldom used words, and writing really untalented stuff with a really clever ending to make you forget the nothingness leading up to it, and some other third thing.

Oh, well. I’ll stay in my jar like a caged monkey and throw shit at you through the bars when you walk by, which from your last post seems like you do a lot.

And I’m sure you’ll be able to post so very many anonymous posts, because you got that brilliant idea high.

... I hope you ducked reading the above.

[ Edited: 18 July 2019 04:43 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

18 July 2019 11:08

unsmoked - 16 July 2019 11:40 AM

So, yes, Jesus acted like I do.

Jesus threw shit at people as they walked by?

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

19 July 2019 08:14

How’s it working out for you, Nhoj?

You catered to Dennis and Johnny and yourself when it was quite obvious that I passed your stupid test.

And now all three of you are long gone, and the forum is the home of occasional idiotic newbies, or intelligent newbies that disappear quickly after hearing from the idiotic regulars, and not much else going on beyond bickering over politics or sharing what is being drank.

I think it’s time for another test to determine the value of everyone besides me.

Bruce ain’t worth the ghost town he leaves behind.

I mean, how many times can you get your ass kissed before you stop liking it and pull your pants up?

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  01-11-2014

21 July 2019 17:41

Mario, what are you recollections of the Moon Landing and Armstrong’s stepping onto the Moon fifty years ago?

I think we’re pretty close in age — I’m 62— so I figure you would have some memories of it.

I recall being in our apartment in LA, glued to the television set with the rest of the place in darkness. It was just my mother, myself and my grandfather who must have been close to 80 by then.

It’s amazing what happened during the lifetime of my grandfather. He was born in a time before electricity, phones, radio, television and air flight. He lived long enough to see a man walk on the Moon. He was a painter too, by the way. He helped repair and paint the old Santa Barbara Mission after it was seriously damaged by an earthquake in 1925.

I remember the moment Armstrong set foot on the Moon, but I don’t remember much else. The faultiness of memory, I guess. A half century is a long time.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

21 July 2019 19:01

Cat, I’m 66, and the day of the moon landing I was enjoying driving my first car with my first love in the passenger seat, and working in a bread factory because I didn’t want to live on welfare like I had been my whole childhood.

For me, spending fortunes of money on people going into empty space for some human accomplishment that results in nothing lasting and true is the epitome of human pride and stupidity.

To go to the moon or Mars or any place else in the dead far away universe is ridiculous.

We live on the one miraculous planet in the universe, and as human beings are the one miraculous creation that can know and love fully.

But look around. What a fucking mess we’ve made of both miracles.

And having fucked up priorities is first to blame.

The billions of dollars being spent to elect a new president is another example of human idiocy.

It’s downright shameful.

I watched all the shows about the moon landing, both dramatic and factual, that are on television at this time. And I really enjoyed seeing the courage and ingenuity that took place to get a man on the moon.

But my enjoyment wasn’t worth the cost of the trip.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

22 July 2019 10:45

Brother Mario - 21 July 2019 07:01 PM

We live on the one miraculous planet in the universe, and as human beings are the one miraculous creation that can know and love fully.

https://condenaststore.com/featured/st-peter-talks-to-a-man-at-the-pearly-gates-charles-barsotti.html

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

28 July 2019 06:44

Dickhead 7.0 —

Now you small minds are putting up as the one interest of common sense humanists “feeding the poor” as the way money for NASA’s missions to nowhere could have been used — not focusing all our extra tax dollars on bettering all Americans left behind by every inequality until our country is truly great and wonderful for everyone living in it.

Try to see your intellectual limitations.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

28 July 2019 10:19

Brother Mario - 28 July 2019 06:44 AM

Now you small minds . . . Try to see your intellectual limitations.

Jesus speaking to his disciples?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

“GDs are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful [or intellectually superior]. The delusions are generally fantastic and typically have a religious, science fictional, or supernatural theme.”

Read more about symptoms of religious grandiose delusions in this article.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

29 July 2019 04:50

“A supernatural God who grants wishes.”

This is how the Owl Guy describes God as a binary choice from his purely opinionated idea that God is just an all-encompassing naturally created being.

Hear his anti-religious bigotry in his binary choice, which is completely anti-intellectual and just downright ignorant.

“A supernatural God who grants existence.”

This is how great thinkers have described God for thousands of years, and up to today.

What is greater, a creative thought or a root of a plant?

The intelligent answer to this question, not getting a mundane science degree in Geology, points us to the greatest attributes of God, which are first and foremost intelligent and willful.

The Owl Guy turns his head around away from any straightforward ideas about God to suit his ego and limited ideas from his limited education.

Then his head snaps back and he speaks.

My vote on his new thread: Other—Bigoted Opinionated Ego-Driven Nonsense

[ Edited: 30 July 2019 21:06 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

03 August 2019 08:51

Stupid to stupid’s fullest extent—this is the level of conversation on the Owl Guy’s thread.

You proud idiots with selfish and unremarkable lives adamantly insist that all experiences of God must be intellectual, and intellectual alone, to be shared as proof of his existence. This is psychological projection, plain and simple. You have no deep convictions that turn your daily experiences and thoughts and feelings into remarkable experiences that fill your lives with wonder and love, and, in turn, the lives around you with wonder and love, so you project your piss-poor existence onto God’s existence and the existence of everyone you meet. And you do this by constantly questioning, without ever really wanting or expecting a good and true answer, everything truly remarkable you cannot possibly understand. Then you blame everyone else (and even God) for the meaningless thoughts bouncing around in your empty heads, never realizing that you’re the biggest assholes on the planet because you squander your remarkable lives on unremarkable intellectual bullshit.

When the most remarkable person who ever lived was asked what was the greatest commandment from God, he answered:

“The foremost is ... you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.”

To truly “love” is to be consumed by someone other than oneself, not to “think” about someone else.

Only when we live such a remarkable life with God do we experience God fully and receive the power to “Love our neighbor as ourselves”. This connection between ourselves, God, and others is not a purely intellectual one, but most importantly a fully human connection that makes us spiritual beings created anew.

You fools are living shallow lives as you cater to your asinine pride in your nonexistent intellectual prowess.

The Owl Guy, who I kinda wish would shut up because his pride in his mundane intellect has infiltrated his better angels, did experience God on a much deeper level than his intellect can explain. His pride-filled attempts to label his experience of God according to his limited education in Geology is getting him into a lot of difficulty and just mucking up an otherwise good and true gift from God he received.

You idiots keep having stupid conversations with him because he is feeding your empty heads with more unremarkable ideas about God that you can plop into some intellectual compartment.

God is a divine personality that our personalities have a full share of. We think because God thinks. We love because God loves. We create because God creates. And on and on.

We experience God most fully when we experience him as his children who are like our Father. Thinking about God is the least way we experience him.

This is who God is and who we are because of who God is.

There is no other God and no other us.

[ Edited: 03 August 2019 10:26 by Brother Mario]

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  31-10-2015

03 August 2019 14:42

Brother Mario - 29 July 2019 04:50 AM

“A supernatural God who grants wishes.”

This is how the Owl Guy describes God as a binary choice from his purely opinionated idea that God is just an all-encompassing naturally created being.

Hear his anti-religious bigotry in his binary choice, which is completely anti-intellectual and just downright ignorant.

“A supernatural God who grants existence.”

This is how great thinkers have described God for thousands of years, and up to today.

What is greater, a creative thought or a root of a plant?

The intelligent answer to this question, not getting a mundane science degree in Geology, points us to the greatest attributes of God, which are first and foremost intelligent and willful.

The Owl Guy turns his head around away from any straightforward ideas about God to suit his ego and limited ideas from his limited education.

Then his head snaps back and he speaks.

My vote on his new thread: Other—Bigoted Opinionated Ego-Driven Nonsense

Mario, you’ve presented some interesting points for bbearren to consider. I wouldn’t say that your advice is particularly valid, but it seems sufficiently competent in the context of spirituality which for the most part amounts to nonsense and con artistry to me. But why the aggression?

Why? I hope that’s a simple enough question for you to be able to answer honestly, but I have my doubts.

‹ First  < 153 154 155 156 157 >  Last ›