‹ First  < 156 157 158 159 160 > 

Brother Mario

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8637
Joined  20-02-2006

10 August 2019 10:42

Brother Mario - 10 August 2019 05:20 AM

. . . Yes, big mouth atheists are quite often stupid and empty human beings.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/01/books/review/leaving-the-witness-amber-scorah.html

But the stunted psychology of those raised in extreme religion is another problem altogether. For these children, there is no obvious forfeiture of common sense or flight from existential chaos that informs adult conversion. Rather, they experience a totalizing indoctrination that so severely limits the formation of an adult psychology that many don’t ever achieve maturity in the way secular society conceives of it, a state of empowered capability that permits complex life choices, a state in which contradictory ideas can be held in tension without psychic recoil. Instead, the fundamentalist child, raised on fear and limitation, lives a life of diminished options, constrained by strict dualisms: black and white, good and bad, God and Satan, and (perhaps most alarmingly for the broader culture) us and them.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

10 August 2019 10:48

Brother Mario - 10 August 2019 05:20 AM

. . . No wonder you never talk about our greatest loves, like for our children.

But the stunted psychology of those raised in extreme religion is another problem altogether. For these children, there is no obvious forfeiture of common sense or flight from existential chaos that informs adult conversion. Rather, they experience a totalizing indoctrination that so severely limits the formation of an adult psychology that many don’t ever achieve maturity in the way secular society conceives of it, a state of empowered capability that permits complex life choices, a state in which contradictory ideas can be held in tension without psychic recoil. Instead, the fundamentalist child, raised on fear and limitation, lives a life of diminished options, constrained by strict dualisms: black and white, good and bad, God and Satan, and (perhaps most alarmingly for the broader culture) us and them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/01/books/review/leaving-the-witness-amber-scorah.html

EN
Total Posts:  21597
Joined  11-03-2007

10 August 2019 14:05

I don’t reject God or Jesus, Mario.  I believe in them and love them. It’s you I reject, because, like Trump, you are a hate-filled ass wipe.  I love America, but Trump is a horrible apostle for it and skews it’s message.  Same for you as an apostle for Jesus - you give people reason to hate rather than love God.  Go away.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  26-02-2017

10 August 2019 16:10

“People”, Bruce?

Your stupid and pride-filled friends on this forum are uniquely out of consideration for normalcy.

Try to imagine how their poor families have to deal with their constant claims of intellectual superiority over the human beings all around them.

Remember how one of them posted a picture of a funeral and claimed it was proof of God’s failure to love those there, and how they were delusional to pray at that funeral?

That’s some idiotic shit to throw down in front of a person who lost a loved one and finds hope in God.

And it’s more than idiotic — it’s evil and malicious, and the complete opposite of The Truth.

You don’t know where you are and who you are with.

And your unremarkable life is as plain as day.

You have rejected God’s greatest plan for you because you have settled for a tiny fraction of it to keep you from doing the hard work and sacrificing everything.

And if you love God by being nice to people who throw God back in your face like a clown pie, then you’re just a clown.

[ Edited: 10 August 2019 16:14 by Brother Mario]

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

10 August 2019 17:01

You are such a dumbass - you don’t know anything about my life.  You are just like Trump saying someone is a “horrible person” when he doesn’t know shit about him/her. How do you not see that you are Trump, Jr.? You are blind as a bat.  I would call you Anti-Christ, but you are not nearly that significant.  Go away.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

10 August 2019 17:37

I don’t think you’re a horrible person.

I think you’re weak and unremarkable and a clown.

If you didn’t write on this forum that you were a Christian who found new and wonderful ideas from these empty opinionated idiots who think your Christianity is a psychological failure, I would leave you alone in your unremarkableness.

But you’ve continuously written such asinine posts that you’ve asked for my intervention.

Your confidence in your innocence is rather unconvincing.

I know you need to believe that I am not experiencing God as I tell you I am, and that I am a bad person, for you actually think you’ve reached some high level of success in your faith in God.

But what you’ve actually done is go as far as any Protestant can go.

Read the life of G.K. Chesterton to see where you should have gone in your exploration of God after Protestantism failed you.

Coming to this forum and fitting into this clown car has ruined any chance you had of moving mountains.

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

10 August 2019 17:43

I’ve read Chesterton. You are nothing like Chesterton. You are a douche bag.  He has grace - you are full of hate. Calling someone a clown is tantamount to calling them horrible. You started this.  I had no problem with your revelations.  But you revealed that you are a total asshole. Nothing can erase that.  That’s who you are, and it will never change, until God removes your flesh.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

10 August 2019 18:24

Well, you ride in a clown car and like getting clown pies thrown in your face, so ...

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

10 August 2019 18:49

There you go again.  Hate, hate, hate. Where does it come from?  Were you mistreated as a child?  I’m sorry for you.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

10 August 2019 19:01

G.K. has some things to tell you —

“Becoming a Catholic didn’t teach me what to think, but how to think.”

“Tolerance is a virtue to a man without convictions.”

“Having a dogma is thinking something through to a completed end.”

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

10 August 2019 19:31

Brother Mario - 10 August 2019 07:01 PM

Sounds like a great foundation for burning people at the stake, like your forefathers did.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

10 August 2019 20:37

You sound like unsmoked, and he actually believes that Jesus never existed because he read it on the Internet.

You really are in the clown car.

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

11 August 2019 09:24

Says the man in a Jar.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

11 August 2019 09:56

A jar filled with “living water”, mayim-hayyim.

[ Edited: 11 August 2019 09:58 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

12 August 2019 10:44

Brother Mario - 10 August 2019 07:01 PM

G.K. has some things to tell you —  [G.K. Chesterton]

“Becoming a Catholic didn’t teach me what to think, but how to think.”

https://condenaststore.com/featured/your-ideas-shannon-wheeler.html

“Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man.”

“That was the Jesuit motto, alleged to be attributed to Francis Xavier, the co-founder of the Jesuit Order. The implication is that the best opportunity to indoctrinate a person in a lifetime of belief and devotion to religious dogma is when they are young.”

‹ First  < 156 157 158 159 160 >