‹ First  < 157 158 159 160 > 

Brother Mario

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  26-02-2017

17 August 2019 12:07

I guess I have to educate you people again, because you keep gravitating downward when judging God’s necessity as the power behind and intelligence within the physical universe, in both its creation and evolution.

The dichotomy between a scientific explanation and an Intelligent Design explanation for creation and evolution doesn’t exist anywhere but between religious bigoted thinkers and religious Protestant fundamentalists. And the arguments between these two groups of people are not at the pinnacle of human thought, no matter how many scientists you can dance on the head of this pin.

The existence of an eternal God is absolutely necessary for the creation of the finite physical universe. For there cannot logically be an infinite line of finite things.

And the existence of an omnipotent God is absolutely necessary for the existence of the physical universe increasingly expanding and speeding up away from a singular point. For there cannot logically be a material explanation for such a universe.

And the existence of a divine intelligent God is absolutely necessary for the existence of the complexity in the universe of simple matter and energy. For no combination of lesser things can create a greater thing unless something even greater than the greater thing is added to the lesser things.

And scientific discoveries have consistently supported the existence of God, in both what science has discovered and what science cannot and will not ever discover.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8627
Joined  20-02-2006

17 August 2019 13:08

Brother Mario - 17 August 2019 12:07 PM

I guess I have to educate you people again . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chosen_people

Image Attachments

129_2987.JPG

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

19 August 2019 05:05

What has been on your minds the past weeks?

What has affected you deepest lately?

What has angered you, given you fear, or given you mistrust in your fellow man?

Is not the answer to these questions, and so many more, the evil and senseless killings of many people by individual people?

So, it seems, this Biblical Commandment given to humanity and written on stone thousands of years ago is today still needed to be given—

“You shall not kill!”

What simple and powerful words delivered from the highest authority imaginable.

What important words that shake our lives down to the core when they are disobeyed.

Hey ... but who cares?

Let’s make fun of this Commandment because it seems so religious and we’re really smart atheists who don’t want to be commanded to do anything.

Yes ... let’s do that.

[ Edited: 19 August 2019 05:47 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

20 August 2019 11:47

Brother Mario - 19 August 2019 05:05 AM

What has been on your minds the past weeks?

What has affected you deepest lately?

What has angered you, given you fear, or given you mistrust in your fellow man?

Is not the answer to these questions, and so many more, the evil and senseless killings of many people by individual people?

So, it seems, this Biblical Commandment given to humanity and written on stone thousands of years ago is today still needed to be given—

“You shall not kill!”

What simple and powerful words delivered from the highest authority imaginable.

What important words that shake our lives down to the core when they are disobeyed.

Hey ... but who cares?

Let’s make fun of this Commandment because it seems so religious and we’re really smart atheists who don’t want to be commanded to do anything.

Yes ... let’s do that.

Really smart Christians like Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, McNamara, Westmoreland et al?

Training our youth to kill - “Kill Anything That Moves”

https://www.amazon.com/Kill-Anything-That-Moves-American-ebook/dp/B008FPSTOQ

Editorial Reviews
From Booklist
The shocking images of the mounds of corpses, including women, children, and even babies, murdered by American troops in the Vietnamese hamlet of My Lai symbolized for many the horror of that war. At the time, military officials insisted that the massacre was an aberration and stressed that American troops in the field behaved with discipline and restraint, and strived to avoid civilian casualties. Not so, according to Turse, an investigative journalist who has been researching and writing about American “war crimes” in Vietnam for a decade. If his goal was to illustrate that atrocities committed against civilians were more widespread than previously acknowledged, Turse succeeds. He has mined Pentagon archives and conducted interviews with American veterans to credibly support his assertion. Unfortunately, Turse has a broader agenda, which is to show that the murder of civilians was systematic and encouraged by U.S. policy. He implies that our soldiers were on an out-of-control rampage on a regular basis.The nation could use a balanced view of the conduct of our combat troops in Vietnam, but this misses the mark.—Jay Freeman
From Bookforum
After reading Turse’s meticulous, extraordinary, and oddly moving account, it’s hard to avoid concluding that the US record in Vietnam has more in common with the Wehrmacht and the Imperial Japanese Army than “the greatest generation” that fought those enemies in World War II. —Jeff Stein
See all Editorial Reviews

Then there was the Korean War.  About 10% of the civilian population of N. Korea were killed - men, women and children - mostly burned alive with napalm.  U.S. pilots complained to their commanders that there was nothing left to bomb - not even a village.  What is 10% of the U.S. population?  33,000,000?  Would there be anyone who didn’t have a friend or family member who had been killed?  Entire families killed as they cowered under the bombers . . .

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1309
Joined  01-11-2014

31 August 2019 16:50

Mario, I was listening to my iPod at the gym yesterday, when this song come up and made me think of you.

I think a lot of your frustration on this forum is that most of the posters here have never attempted to seek god, or at least, to develop some sense of the sacred and transcendental. You can set me straight about this if I’m wrong.

This song, by musician Bill Nelson, is a tongue-in-cheek tale about what might happen if god actually did directly contact us. What would be an ordinary person’s reaction?

I thought you might find it amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7_Q8Nd5iks

Ordinary Idiots
High above America
In his custom built cocoon…
God looks down and laughs at me
And not a day too soon…
He sends me strange transmissions,
Full of dangerous advice…
And I reply,
Well, thank you god, but I think
I’ll keep those thoughts on ice…
I’m just an ordinary idiot…
I’m not some holy fool…
We’re all ordinary idiots…
It’s ok… It’s cool
Irregular kind of guys,
Ordinary idiots,
Angels in disguise…
Ordinary idiots…
Angels in disguise…
Ordinary idiots…
We’re irregular kind of guys,
High above the universe,
In his custom built cocoon…
God looks down and laughs at me
And not a day too soon…
He sends me strange transmissions…
He sends me strange transmissions…
Ordinary idiots…

[ Edited: 31 August 2019 16:54 by Cheshire Cat]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

31 August 2019 23:53

Yes, you’re wrong, Cat.

I would have to respect a person and value their personality to become frustrated at them not reaching their potential to live fully alive through the knowledge and love of God.

But I have met only a few persons here that I knew were squandering their potential, and those persons have all moved on after coming to the realization that there is nothing good and true going on in the head and heart of a silly atheist who knows and loves his or her personal opinions.

My attacks on these silly persons are not out of frustration but out of duty to the goodness and truth they belittle to raise themselves up.

Only significant persons accept God’s gifts with gratitude and love towards God himself, and then live their lives giving these gifts back to others.

You are among the insignificant who thank and love themselves for mundane thoughts and deeds.

You can recognize them by the way they keep their pockets empty and their time to themselves.

And the lyrics to your song were written by such a person is my guess. It’s an excuse to remain selfish and lazy, and in turn to judge oneself and everyone else an idiot.

We are like God. And God’s no idiot.

[ Edited: 02 September 2019 07:10 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

01 September 2019 07:54

Being actually educated, I find it impossible to accept as worthwhile a history lesson (which was actually a bigoted personal diatribe against religion) from an uneducated and, more importantly, untalented person who has no business pontificating statements about anything.

When such a person pontificates with untalented redundancy, such as making me endure reading “a slow slog”, as if there is a fast slog (try Googling it and I’m willing to bet everyone on the Internet knows not to be so stupid), a head shake is not enough — a good confrontation with a hearty belly laugh is more appropriate.

Religion is still around in full force. It has never been replaced or diminished by “intellectuals” who can’t admit to its benefits and wonderful traditions.

And to take 9/11 as a jumping off point for an atheist resurgence, as Sam Harris has admitted to doing, is as shortsighted and ignorant as it gets. His quieting down about his atheism to become more palatable to the actual intelligentsia is proof of that.

You all have quieted down to underlying bigoted thoughts that shitty up your contributions to the life around you.

Anyway ...

I have to quickly race out of my house and go run my canine dog on my single one day off from laboring work.

[ Edited: 01 September 2019 09:09 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

01 September 2019 11:57

Brother Mario - 01 September 2019 07:54 AM

Being actually educated, I find it impossible to accept . . . [reality?]

Religion is still around in full force. It has never been replaced or diminished by “intellectuals” who can’t admit to its benefits and wonderful traditions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_attendance  (see graph showing church attendance by country)

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 September 2019 07:01

So let me get this straight—

You so-called atheists, who woke up one day and decided God doesn’t exist (you’re brilliant thinkers, after all), are now ridiculing God (“God is good.”) because a hurricane was so intense it demolished some of the Bahamas and killed or left homeless human beings?

And your ridicule came on a thread where you further ridiculed some woman dramatically praying to God to turn this hurricane in another direction?

Please tell me the difference between this woman and you.

She wanted God to turn the hurricane and you want God to not allow this hurricane to exist in the first place.

Where is the brilliant thinking in either of you?

Is not the creation of a physical universe with physical laws a brilliant idea?

Is not the creation of a human being with individual freedom to create his or her own destiny a brilliant idea?

Is not the creation of seating this human being in this physical universe to struggle and work and love and learn and relax and rejoice and become and fail to become and on and on a brilliant idea?

You know, if I was a brilliant a thinker, as you people think you are, I think I would look at the reality around me and within me and find it to be a reality with limitless potential for me to become an amazing fellow who loves deeply in the face of hate and succeeds profoundly in the face of failure and becomes wondrously in the face of mediocrity and on and on.

Yes. I would be in awe of my existence and wouldn’t change a thing, especially not to make it easier for me and then ridicule some sky daddy for the struggles I face.

So ...

That single woman commanding in the name of God for the hurricane to change direction may be considered a “religious nut” alright.

However ...

A so-called atheist who whines about reality can also be considered an “atheist nut” commanding God to change the direction of reality.

Such an atheist has heard about the reality of climate change and the human footprint in the midst of it, so for this atheist to ignore what he or she has heard and look to God for a different reality is no different than that woman.

Oh, well ...

That’s the way I see it. But, of course, I am not such a brilliant thinker as you people claim you are.

On another note ...

What about all those other religious nuts who got up this morning, dressed nicely, and went to give thanks and praise together in some bright joyful place to the neglectful sky daddy who allows hurricanes?

Not a brilliant idea, right?

Just ask brilliant Brick, who gave all that up to come here and try and try to write something “brilliant”.

For the life of me I can’t remember a single thing he ever wrote, except one of his more recent posts where he might have, sort of, said he was a gay man.

But, then again, I’m not a brilliant thinker, and may have missed all the wonderful conversation he has contributed to.

But since I remember so much wonderful stuff I heard only one time, I doubt it.

[ Edited: 08 September 2019 09:31 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 September 2019 08:46

Now you see ...

When you announce something as “grand”, you’ve already lost all the intelligent and talented people in the room.

For such people know something is “grand” when they see it, want to look for it themselves, and can’t be bamboozled into being told it’s where nothing “grand” could be.

And smoking a joint is the surest way to exaggerate your contribution to reality.

Look in the mirror, within you, and around you, for if you find nothing “grand” in any of these places, you won’t find it suddenly and forcefully showing up.

Being “grand” is a gift freely given by the grandest being imaginable, and cleverly kept and increased by the lesser beings who received it with the love and gratitude and joy and respect it deserves.

Being “insignificant” is a very expensive gift a nobody gives to herself.

And she doesn’t even suspect a thing is going wrong, and even applauds herself for her ambitions to have self-afflictions over a wonderful “grand” inclusion into an infinitely more beautiful experience of what it means to be alive.

And that is humanity’s illusion of grandeur personified.

Enjoy your expensive ladyjane, LadyJane.

[ Edited: 08 September 2019 09:06 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

08 September 2019 12:12

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201810/how-religious-fundamentalism-hijacks-the-brain

quote from this article:

. . . fundamentalism discourages any logical reasoning or scientific evidence that challenges its scripture, making it inherently maladaptive.

It is not accurate to call religious fundamentalism a disease, because that term refers to a pathology that physically attacks the biology of a system. But fundamentalist ideologies can be thought of as mental parasites. A parasite does not usually kill the host it inhabits, as it is critically dependent on it for survival. Instead, it feeds off it and changes its behavior in ways that benefit its own existence. By understanding how fundamentalist ideologies function and are represented in the brain using this analogy, we can begin to understand how to inoculate against them, and potentially, how to rehabilitate someone who has undergone ideological brainwashing—in other words, a reduction in one’s ability to think critically or independently.

Read more in article.

Image Attachments

128_2872.JPG

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 September 2019 19:37

Oh, goodie.

One of the clownish fools to have squeezed into this clown car climbed back in today — Salt Creek.

And he was quickly welcomed by another clown who got from him nothing but one clown pie after the next right in the face — Bruce Burelson.

The clowns in this circus couldn’t be wearing more ridiculous clown costumes and makeup.

Someone needs to tell them that the costumes and makeup come off when the show’s over and the audience goes home ... you know, when the real world returns.

EN
Total Posts:  21577
Joined  11-03-2007

08 September 2019 20:26

I got to know him in person. He’s not nearly as big an asshole as you are, asshole.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 September 2019 20:57

You went to visit a complete moron dedicated to ridiculing God and all people who know and love God?

You’re a bigger dickhead than I imagined.

Every post he ever wrote sounded like a confused adolescent trying to get undeserving attention inbetween extended periods of masturbation.

And you spent precious time visiting this idiot.

You couldn’t be more of a waste of humanity.

[ Edited: 08 September 2019 21:12 by Brother Mario]

EN
Total Posts:  21577
Joined  11-03-2007

09 September 2019 07:26

Nobody on this board has been a bigger dickhead than you.  You have attacked me relentlessly, more than anyone else. I’m just giving you your own medicine.

‹ First  < 157 158 159 160 >