‹ First  < 160 161 162 163 > 

Brother Mario

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8697
Joined  20-02-2006

07 October 2019 14:35

When there are no demons at the foot of his bed, I think Mario has dreams like this - seeing himself speaking to a congregation of 10,000 faithful with a TV audience of 10 million in the U.S. alone.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78bYqVHlfbY  (no sound needed to get the gist of the dream)

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1183
Joined  26-02-2017

07 October 2019 20:27

No ... I was right after all.

Another atheist did show up, but on another thread, and literally wrote a cartoon sound effect to defend the adolescent as beating me up.

On an episode of “Curb Your Enthusiasm” Larry David was playing poker with his male and female friends when a male friend folded an Ace high in a large pot. When Larry saw his Ace he blurted out, “You cunt!” His friends freaked and the poker game ended. He explained later that “It’s a word you use when someone doesn’t act manly”.

I love that show.

Traces Elk

Traces Elk
Total Posts:  5678
Joined  27-09-2006

07 October 2019 22:49

Brother Mario - 07 October 2019 08:27 PM

Another atheist did show up, but on another thread, and literally wrote a cartoon sound effect to defend the adolescent as beating me up.

On an episode of “Curb Your Enthusiasm” Larry David was playing poker with his male and female friends when a male friend folded an Ace high in a large pot. When Larry saw his Ace he blurted out, “You cunt!” His friends freaked and the poker game ended. He explained later that “It’s a word you use when someone doesn’t act manly”.

I love that show.

A victim of Dunning-Kruger syndrome will feel good after every exchange. Just measure the amount of time you spend thumping your chest and telling stories about your experience of god, against the time you spend actually discussing the reasons behind skepticism. That’s got Dunning-Kruger written all over it.

Brother Mario - 07 October 2019 03:27 AM

Are you a sissy who acts big and bad on the Internet because in real life everyone you meet can kick your ass?

Projecting much, these days? You’ve inspired me to start guessing as to what your emerging, occluded homophobic trip is all about.

[ Edited: 08 October 2019 03:48 by Traces Elk]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 October 2019 04:04

An atheist groupie talking point and an “I’m rubber you’re glue”.

The depth of your intellect is astounding.

I stand defeated.

Oh, and a rarely used word to sound smart.

(It stopped your reader in his tracks by drawing attention away from any didactic point you had and towards your pedantic use of the dictionary.)

[ Edited: 08 October 2019 04:31 by Brother Mario]

Traces Elk

Traces Elk
Joined  27-09-2006

08 October 2019 05:10

Brother Mario - 08 October 2019 04:04 AM

atheist groupie talking point

Heigh, ho. You must have been reading Breitbart, in order to expand your vocabulary.

And and an “I’m rubber you’re glue”.

Oh, wait, no. You’re reaching back to kindergarten for your vocabulary. Think that will confuse anyone?

The depth of your intellect is astounding.

Compared to what? Your kindergarten vocabulary? That contest was over before you got out of kindergarten.

Oh, and a rarely used word to sound smart.

Rarely? Compared to what? Your kindergarten vocabulary?

(It stopped your reader in his tracks by drawing attention away from any didactic point you had and towards your pedantic use of the dictionary.)

It didn’t stop anyone else in their tracks. With whom are you trying to keep pace? I’m calling attention to nothing besides your kindergarten vocabulary. And you in your 60s, yet.

If you don’t feel ashamed of your hubris after this, you lack the capacity to feel shame. That’s a characteristic of psychopaths, who are not a good advertisement for god.

[ Edited: 08 October 2019 05:22 by Traces Elk]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 October 2019 05:53

Again, I stand defeated.

But since levels of education are important to you ...

I got a magna cum laude undergraduate degree in 3 years rather than the customary 4 by carrying as much as 28 credits in a single semester.

I thought that was pretty intelligent, but now that you’re promoting dictionary use as a sign of intelligence, I’m gonna have to re-evaluate my academic accomplishments.

All I needed was a dictionary, damn it.

[ Edited: 08 October 2019 07:53 by Brother Mario]

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3468
Joined  21-10-2016

08 October 2019 07:55

Brother Mario - 07 October 2019 08:27 PM

I love that show.

No, it’s an offensive word and shows disrespect for women and the vulgarity of those who use it.

Some time ago, primarily because of the nastiness of this poster towards fellow patrons, I determined to never again post to this thread.  This will be the last time and I would encourage others to do the same.

This poster is a personification of all that is wrong with religion and shows not one iota of what it is to be a good Christian.  All that is good in him overridden by arrogance, conceit, aggression, disregard for others.  His repetitive rhetoric offers nothing new and has become increasingly boring.

However, everyone deserves a chance at redemption, for forgiveness.  If he were to show some remorse and basic civility and humanity, THAT would be inspiring ... but I’m not holding my breath.

Goodbye, Joe.

Traces Elk

Traces Elk
Joined  27-09-2006

08 October 2019 08:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNMlsEBNvdw

nice cover of

Soap Star Joe, by Liz Phair

He’s just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something attractive to save
They say he rode in
On the back of a pickup
And he won’t leave town
‘Til you remember his name
He’s just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for some lonely billboard to grace
They say he sprung from the skull of Athena
Think about your own head
And the headache he gave
He’s just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for action at a price he can pay
They say he’s famous
But no one can prove it
Make him an offer just to see what he’ll say
Check out the dashboard lights
Glowing all green and white
He feels safe in the dark
He wears his bluejeans tight
He’s just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something attractive to save
They say he rode in
On the back of a pickup
And he won’t leave town
‘Til you remember his name
Check out the thinning hair
Check out the aftershave
Check out America
You’re looking at it babe

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 October 2019 08:30

Hey, Jan, that’s how the poker game ended.

Well, the episode did end with Larry muttering to himself that maybe he should have used “pussy”.

Okay, Jan, your Canadian friend who whines incessantly and talks about me behind my back on other threads because she wouldn’t dare try to match wits with me (it would look just like Salty’s demise above) is a “pussy” then.

Okay? Are your sensibilities appeased?

And you won’t find a single sentence from me at any time calling myself a Christian.

Your take on revelations from God making someone religious is selling God short.

He enjoys playing amongst us as we get down and dirty, not just good and clean.

And a good person does a hell of a lot more than act good.

I may be a dick to self-loving atheist groupies who think they are a cut above theists, but I’m no pussy doing it behind their backs.

And no good Christian would give you and your cowardly stoned friend more than 5 minutes of their time before walking away from both of you and shaking your ridiculous dust from their feet.

Traces Elk

Traces Elk
Joined  27-09-2006

09 October 2019 01:14

Brother Mario - 08 October 2019 08:30 AM

I may be a dick to self-loving atheist groupies who think they are a cut above theists, but I’m no pussy doing it behind their backs.

Nobody’s doing anything behind your back, unless this is the only thread on this board you’re even allowed to read.

If that’s the case, and your privileges here are cut so far back, you might want to think about why that is.

[ Edited: 09 October 2019 01:18 by Traces Elk]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

09 October 2019 06:07

No

If you talk about me on other threads that you know I can’t respond in, addressing an ongoing conversation on this thread, then you’re a phony.

You’re all phonies anyway, talking to each other as if you have the experiences and educations needed to not be talking out of your asses.

I only post about a person’s relationship to God, which I know though experiences of God. You all post about what you haven’t experienced, and then call it critical thinking or some other mundane justification for your pedestrian intellectual talents.

You don’t want to hear about Philosophy (it’s dead), Theology (it’s make believe), Spirit (what?), Revelation (huh?), and all other traditional concepts that truly experienced and educated people have given themselves the opportunity to include in their reasoning about God and people claiming to know and love God.

You won’t even admit that religion is at the forefront of human volunteerism and good works towards fellow human beings.

All this reality about yourselves you sweep under a rug, as you look up big words in a dictionary, ideas on Google, examples of theists behaving badly, old stories from the Bible, etc.

And then you come to a place like this and huddle together for support.

You woke up one day and called yourself an atheist like a person who fixed a flat tire on his car would call himself an auto mechanic.

It’s all smoke and mirrors, and that’s why the only person to ever come here with the experiences and education to write about God was isolated from the rest of you, but still became the one poster that you rush to read when he decides to show up.

Now you have experienced firsthand your limitations and your need to crawl back into the welcoming arms of others who couldn’t stand tall here on this thread.

You and your phony friends need each other because you’re not true skeptics, curious and open, but agenda-driven wannabes who try unsuccessfully over and over again to write something meaningful in support of a meaningless atheism that you simply nod to like bobble heads.

Now ...

God is a “he” because, along with revealing himself as a “he”, genders have been revealed to be intricately intertwined in creation and the human personality.

When life first showed up on Earth it was virtually immortal through the “splitting up” of itself to create new life. It was only when genders showed up that death became an inadvertent condition of life. (The story of Adam and Eve is a personification of this scientific reality.)

And the differences in genders throughout human history has played out beautifully and productively.

I have long known that knowledge of ourselves and creation leads us straight to a knowledge of God.

So it would be the height of stupidity to call God an “it”.

But don’t let that stop you.

[ Edited: 09 October 2019 06:57 by Brother Mario]

Traces Elk

Traces Elk
Joined  27-09-2006

09 October 2019 09:10

Brother Mario - 09 October 2019 06:07 AM

If you talk about me on other threads that you know I can’t respond in, addressing an ongoing conversation on this thread, then you’re a phony.

I just wanted to make sure I understand the terms of your confinement, and how much you hate it.

You don’t respond in this thread, either. You make a big show and tell stories about your revelations. That’s just what you would do in any other thread. You might as well read it over there and whine about it here. You’re just talking to yourself, anyway, and this is likely the reason you’ve been excluded from other threads.

Think of it this way: I’ve decided to visit you in your little prison, so you can do what all guilty parties do, which is to whine and proclaim their innocence and complain how they’ve been screwed by the system. For all I know, you’ve experienced all that IRL

Brother Mario - 09 October 2019 06:07 AM

I only post about a person’s relationship to God, which I know though experiences of God.

So you say. I think you should take all that powerful revelation and use it to break out of prison so you can get back to the real business of knowing your little god.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

09 October 2019 10:23

You’re delusional thinking I want to go on other threads and talk to you and the other phonies.

I just think it’s pussified to talk about me only on other threads and never come here where I can respond back.

I love all my jars, and it seems I’m not the only one, given how long they last until Nhoj can’t take their popularity anymore and makes me start another one.

No. This so-called prison is the only place to be.

Everywhere else is lame.

And now you’ve turned into another fucking liar telling me I don’t answer any questions.

Every answer you need is on one of my threads.

You’re just too stupid to understand the smallest answer, never mind the most profound, like I just gave you above.

Go find another pothead to sing to me what you think I need to hear.

Traces Elk

Traces Elk
Joined  27-09-2006

09 October 2019 10:52

Brother Mario - 09 October 2019 10:23 AM

You’re delusional thinking I want to go on other threads and talk to you and the other phonies.

I just think it’s pussified to talk about me only on other threads and never come here where I can respond back.

I love all my jars, and it seems I’m not the only one, given how long they last until Nhoj can’t take their popularity anymore and makes me start another one.

No. This so-called prison is the only place to be.

Everywhere else is lame.

And now you’ve turned into another fucking liar telling me I don’t answer any questions.

You’re just too stupid to understand the smallest answer, never mind the most profound, like I just gave you above.

Go find another pothead to sing to me what you think I need to hear.

lol

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8697
Joined  20-02-2006

09 October 2019 11:52

Brother Mario - 09 October 2019 10:23 AM

You’re just too stupid to understand the smallest answer, never mind the most profound . . .

Mario, could you explain again how God created the Shroud of Turin after Jesus died?  I don’t think Traces Elk was here for that revelation.

‹ First  < 160 161 162 163 >