‹ First  < 161 162 163 164 165 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1260
Joined  26-02-2017

09 October 2019 20:23

I see the adolescent is writing his manifesto against God on another thread.

In this manifesto he is stuck on the lame idea that to know and love God is to believe that everything happens because of God’s “intent”.

Let’s reason this out.

If this is true, then we are not free and creation is running along a track.

Looking at myself, I see that I make things happen, allow things to happen, and simply watch things happen.

So who is God? A puppeteer? A dictator? An egotistical omnipresent control freak?

You know, I don’t think he is any of those things.

I think he is the perfect being who I am like in my imperfect way.

I think God ordains, allows, and observes.

Nah, I’m just kidding.

I don’t “think” about God like this at all.

I “know” he’s like this because he ordained to reveal himself to me, allowed me to act upon his revelation any way I wanted, and then watched me with joy become fully alive along the way.

Yes, that’s who God is, not some idea in the stoned head of an adolescent.

[ Edited: 09 October 2019 20:26 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

11 October 2019 21:50

My, my ... I’m like a fucking genius.

I call LadyJane a ...., and a day later she drops her drawers and sticks it in Bruce’s face.

And Bruce takes her nasty stinky ugly and accepts it with a “thanks”, like the clown pie I’ve told him he likes to get thrown in his clown face.

And Jan started the whole clown show by whining about her sensibilities a day after she came to my thread to likewise whine, and I tried to set her straight but she refused to come down off her high horse.

And a day after I mentioned that all other threads are lame, this lamest thread I’ve ever seen proves my point.

Yup ... a genius.

Anyway ...

The biggest clown was LadyJane, who showed her sick personality by attacking Bruce for being a good guy. Her hatred for religion made her see things that weren’t even there. Bruce very seldom if ever mentions Jesus, but she still felt anger welling up in her at the thought of Bruce being a good guy because he is a Christian.

I’m gonna make another genius prediction.

LadyJane, your sick disrespectful mind filled with hate for what is good and true comes from your demented life of living vicariously through your intellectual ideas, since stepping out of your house only gives to you a lonely walk of obscurity. And your jerking off out of necessity, and the anger you feel about it, is what made you turn to that behavior when you decided to sickly ridicule the greatest person who ever lived. Jesus changed human history. You don’t even change your underwear when you should.

[ Edited: 16 October 2019 19:49 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

22 October 2019 05:10

Well, Bruce, again you climbed into this clown car of ignorant and inexperienced and uneducated skeptics, giving them some dry and rattling metaphor for God’s divinity over the physical universe these clowns are equating with complete reality, and then got a nice fresh clown pie right in the face by the dipshit clown.

This clown is telling you that you’re just making shit up, which you are.

If you want to stop making shit up, read the 14th chapter of John, realize that you have kicked the Trinity out of your life, and let the power of God give you living water to wipe that shit off your face.

You’re talking to complete failures of humanity who God has spit out of his mouth because of their rancid stench.

Read the Truth.

Then seek the Truth.

Then accept directly from the Holy Spirit the gift of the Truth.

And then write the Truth.

God has spit you out, too.

That’s what should worry you.

[ Edited: 23 October 2019 04:57 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

25 October 2019 17:10

I just can’t take it anymore.

Bruce and skeptic dipshits are talking about eternal life like morons.

They are bringing up Fundamentalist Christians, as usual, as if these people should be looked at when a sincere (dipshit skeptics are never sincere) search for the truth about God and eternity is taken up. My family are big hockey fans and know quite a bit about it since one of my grandsons is a Junior Bruin at 16 years old and a top ranking goalie on the East Coast. But they didn’t learn about hockey by looking at street hockey players in their neighborhood. No. They watch professional hockey all the time and go to hockey games every week. This is how to become knowledgeable of something. So, for dipshit skeptics to avoid becoming experienced in the best philosophical and theological traditions by only looking at Fundamentalist Christians (like Bruce is/was) is for these dipshits to deserve the name dipshit.

Then, of course, they are moronically stuck on a simple physical body being resurrected, when any intelligent reading of the bodily Resurrection of Jesus shows it to be a gradual purposeful event of profoundly meaningful moments in time for this singularly meaningful person.

The biggest dipshit finally asks the Fundamentalist Christian, “But what gets resurrected?”

And the Fundamentalist Christian stammers out a rhetorical word salad: “Your subjective experiences such as memories and imaginings in a new body”.

I may have a graduate degree in English, but I learned in elementary school that a noun is a “person, place, or thing”.

So what gets resurrected?

It’s not the “things” you have that get resurrected, as much as ...

YOU DO! … you fucking dipshits.

[ Edited: 27 October 2019 05:30 by Brother Mario]

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3047
Joined  19-01-2015

25 October 2019 23:11

yeah, but which version of the Ship of Theseus?

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

26 October 2019 03:35

The version you earned by being a dipshit your whole meaningless life or being fully alive your whole meaningful life or being someone in between.

It’s not hard to understand if you’ve actually trained your mind to think philosophically and not lazily searched Google for ancient ideas to cut and paste into your opinionated and uneducated writing.

You will always be the individual unique person you are now, no matter how you twiddle with yourself or get twiddled with.

The meaning of life is to become the best version of yourself your virtues and talents and gifts can create through the exercise of your free will, and in doing so give the glory back to the God who gave to you his divine attributes every moment of your existence.

Step back and look at the big picture of yourself.

Getting up close and looking for the brushstrokes is really stupid and graceless.

Today’s skeptics are very complicated simpletons.

[ Edited: 26 October 2019 03:50 by Brother Mario]

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  3047
Joined  19-01-2015

26 October 2019 10:04

what about the babies who never had a chance to develop their personality?

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9024
Joined  20-02-2006

26 October 2019 13:10

Twissel - 26 October 2019 10:04 AM

what about the babies who never had a chance to develop their personality?

In his book, ‘LETTER TO A CHRISTIAN NATION’ Sam Harris writes:

“Consider the recent deliberations of the Roman Catholic Church on the doctrine of limbo.  Thirty top theologians from around the world recently met at the Vatican to discuss the question of what happens to babies who die without having undergone the sacred rite of baptism . . . Can we even conceive of a project more intellectually forlorn than this?  Just imagine what these deliberations must be like . . . How can any educated person think this anything but a hilarious, terrifying, and unconscionable waste of time?  When one considers the fact that this is the very institution that has produced and sheltered an elite army of child-molesters, the whole enterprise begins to exude a truly diabolical aura of misspent human energy.”  -  Sam Harris

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

26 October 2019 13:25

Our personality is formed in the womb.

If you understood my post above you would have realized that I never claimed that we have no “personality” until we form one. So your question is just stupid.

We are uniquely ourself before our body hits the sun.

Each one of us is gifted an eternal life, and that life will happen according to “who” we are, not according to “what” we are, no matter how long we spend having a physical body.

A long physical life is only an advantage to the person who uses it to become fully alive.

Three people were given money from their master to invest while he was away. One person lost it; one person buried it; and the third person doubled it.

The first two persons failed both themselves and their master. The third person was successful in both his own life and the life of his master.

The master took his babies with him when he went away.

[ Edited: 26 October 2019 13:30 by Brother Mario]

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1462
Joined  01-11-2014

26 October 2019 21:02

Brother Mario - 08 October 2019 08:30 AM

And you won’t find a single sentence from me at any time calling myself a Christian.

You were in a Franciscan monastery for a couple of years, but you don’t consider yourself a Christian?

Huh?

The God you believe in is the Christian God, isn’t he?

You believe Jesus is the Son of God, don’t you?

You have to explain this statement.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

26 October 2019 22:55

I also have never once in ten years wrote that I “believe” in God.

You want me to explain to you what doesn’t even exist in the reality I live.

I “know” the New Testament is an account of the truth because God had a person deliver a copy of it to me at the end of a day long crippling spiritual battle that I had nothing to do with initiating. I wasn’t religious, nor was I a spiritual person. I was a pothead bodybuilder with five girlfriends and a host of friends who would flock to my apartment all week long. I simply woke up one day and couldn’t leave my house because of the crippling fear that engulfed me until a knock on my door that evening, when standing on the other side of the door was a person I had met that summer holding a copy of the “Good News for Modern Man”. He told me that a light came out of a picture of Jesus in his hallway and he was instructed to bring me the book. And when I touched the book, the intense fear I felt immediately was gone and I was filled with more peace and joy than I had ever felt before.

So I “know” who God is because God revealed to me who he is on that day, and then for the next 7 1/2 years after that while I was in constant spiritual communication with him.

The day came when this communication stopped and I went back to my normal life as a painter, but those years gave to me a knowledge of God only such communication can give, and a full life with God every moment of every day.

You’re the person who “believes” this but not that, and needs to label himself and God because he doesn’t know either.

I know who God is and who I am because of who God is.

But, far more importantly, I “love” God and myself and live deep in this love, sacrificing everything I am in obedience to it.

You’re living in your head not your heart because you’ve never been given the gift of simply waking up to God choosing you to reveal himself to.

Why you are living so out of touch with God and yourself is in direct correlation to your love of the opinionated ideas that pop into your head constantly. You’re a pseudointellectual caught up in his ability to think, while not giving a damn for the truth that sets us all free.

God has been the inspiration behind every religion and scripture and myth and simple act of goodness.

But he also has revealed himself throughout human history according to a person’s culture and free will.

I just happen to be a very fortunate person to have received revelations directly from God in this age — the fullness of time.

No person has ever been more sure of their eternal life and God’s constant presence than the person who God chooses to give these assurances to.

I have never been religious, but all my life have thought upon God with wonder and deep respect, and have always spoken to him as his child, from my earliest memories.

Then one day he showed me that I was indeed his child and that he was always listening.

[ Edited: 26 October 2019 23:01 by Brother Mario]

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1462
Joined  01-11-2014

26 October 2019 23:28

Mario, thanks for the biographical info and describing the circumstances which led to your spiritual journey.

However, you’ve sidestepped my questions.

You say the New Testament was delivered to you by a complete stranger and that you had an epiphany. The New Testament is all about Jesus, and Jesus is all about Christianity. How can you not be a Christian?

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

27 October 2019 00:07

I gave to you far more than “information”.

Get out of your head. It’s no place for a human being to live.

Jesus revealed to us that no one has seen God, but if we look in the mirror we see his closest image.

I am not a Christian because I am with God in spirit and truth, not in ideas and religion.

God is talking to you right now, but you stubbornly only hear your own voice.

You call yourself names because when you look at yourself in the mirror you are blind to the real person who’s is looking back at you, focusing solely on the image of yourself you see.

Thomas Merton once said that when we find ourself we find God.

Jesus said that to see him is to see the Father.

I am now telling you that the living God is always present to you if you know how to look for him.

But none of this matters to you because you are trapped in your head and can’t get out.

Very few of us sit at the banquet God has prepared for us and then achieve our true greatness.

You have settled for eating the crumbs under the table because you feel safe living underneath the fullness of life that takes sacrifice and hard work to achieve.

You’re not fooling anyone but yourself.

[ Edited: 13 December 2019 17:26 by Brother Mario]

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  2038
Joined  14-08-2008

27 October 2019 06:23

Brother Mario - 26 October 2019 10:55 PM

I also have never once in ten years wrote that I “believe” in God.

You want me to explain to you what doesn’t even exist in the reality I live.

I “know” the New Testament is an account of the truth because God had a person deliver a copy of it to me at the end of a day long crippling spiritual battle that I had nothing to do with initiating. I wasn’t religious, nor was I a spiritual person. I was a pothead bodybuilder with five girlfriends and a host of friends who would flock to my apartment all week long. I simply woke up one day and couldn’t leave my house because of the crippling fear that engulfed me until a knock on my door that evening, when standing on the other side of the door was a person I had met that summer holding a copy of the “Good News for Modern Man”. He told me that a light came out of a picture of Jesus in his hallway and he was instructed to bring me the book. And when I touched the book, the intense fear I felt immediately was gone and I was filled with more peace and joy than I had ever felt before.

So I “know” who God is because God revealed to me who he is on that day, and then for the next 7 1/2 years after that while I was in constant spiritual communication with him.

The day came when this communication stopped and I went back to my normal life as a painter, but those years gave to me a knowledge of God only such communication can give, and a full life with God every moment of every day.

You’re the person who “believes” this but not that, and needs to label himself and God because he doesn’t know either.

I know who God is and who I am because of who God is.

But, far more importantly, I “love” God and myself and live deep in this love, sacrificing everything I am in obedience to it.

You’re living in your head not your heart because you’ve never been given the gift of simply waking up to God choosing you to reveal himself to.

Why you are living so out of touch with God and yourself is in direct correlation to your love of the opinionated ideas that pop into your head constantly. You’re a pseudointellectual caught up in his ability to think, while not giving a damn for the truth that sets us all free.

God has been the inspiration behind every religion and scripture and myth and simple act of goodness.

But he also has revealed himself throughout human history according to a person’s culture and free will.

I just happen to be a very fortunate person to have received revelations directly from God in this age — the fullness of time.

No person has ever been more sure of their eternal life and God’s constant presence than the person who God chooses to give these assurances to.

I have never been religious, but all my life have thought upon God with wonder and deep respect, and have always spoken to him as his child, from my earliest memories.

Then one day he showed me that I was indeed his child and that he was always listening.

Whoa… hold on! You once related that your epiphany came after a painting job when you were in your truck. And THAT was the day God revealed himself to you. So are you changing your epiphany story now?? Please clarify.

Ron

PS - If you were a pothead, how can we trust your story? Maybe you were just high when you experienced being “filled with peace and joy.”

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

27 October 2019 06:25

A dipshit and a LIAR.

The story above has been told before.

You’re confusing a Foretaste of Heaven with this day.

So, whoa, you’re not too clever after all.

[ Edited: 27 October 2019 06:30 by Brother Mario]

‹ First  < 161 162 163 164 165 >  Last ›