‹ First  < 164 165 166 167 168 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1343
Joined  26-02-2017

19 November 2019 15:36

And now, Elk, you have subconsciously revealed yourself to be a sissy too afraid to dive headfirst into the living water.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

20 November 2019 05:34

So I started wearing a Fitbit over the holiday weekend. I had it for a couple of years but kept it in the box and never put it on.

My wife wears one, and often gleefully announces to me that she made her 9,000 steps for a particular day.

On Sunday I worked until 2:00 pm, walked into the house and looked up my steps with my wife looking over my shoulder. To my wife’s incredulity, I did over 19,000.

The next day, the holiday, I worked all day and did over 25,000 steps. And the day after that I did over 27,000 steps.

I turn 67 in a couple of weeks.

Looking and living our age is a psychological condition.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

24 November 2019 07:23

Oh goodie …

The forum now has three misogynistic, racist, adolescent jerkoffs.

Two of them write their overambitious posts with a dictionary hanging around their necks like a Christian wears a cross.

Their posts are so flatulent that if they were made of beans they could kill a horse.

But besides all their obvious witless writing (i.e., obvious to anyone with true wit and writing talent), they continuously reveal their emotional need to reach out and touch somebody’s something, from attacking good religious folks to embracing other assholes like them.

Hiding the simple reality that they’re an emotional mess, with a selfish heart and pissed off personality, by looking up words in the dictionary or ideas on the Internet, and then copying and pasting these things into their sick diatribes, is a show no one is going to watch for very long … thus the lonely lives they must live.

Anyway …

Yesterday I moved my comic book collection over to the second floor of my new garage. The whole family chipped in. I called and they all showed up within the hour. Two hours and five truckloads later we were sitting around the family room exhausted and happily together. This is what life is all about. And the more we give the more we will get. Religious folks are tuned in to this simple reality. Maybe that’s why self-centered skeptics living in their heads attack them so much.

[ Edited: 24 November 2019 08:05 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

24 November 2019 07:52

And here’s my new man cave.

[ Edited: 24 November 2019 08:00 by Brother Mario]
Image Attachments

garage_2.jpg

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

03 December 2019 15:57

I’ve waited long enough to respond to you people twisting yourselves into pretzels to justify your personalities fucking you out of a good education.

I grew up very poor, on welfare and wearing old clothes with rips in them. I didn’t each lunch in my first few months of High School because there was no way, with my classmates looking on, I was gonna show the cafeteria worker a blue welfare card. The solution to my problem came when I was offered a full time job on the back of a garbage truck. So, in the 10th grade, I quit the football team to work 4:00 to midnight after school.

Fast forward to my high school graduation, and I had a car and good clothes and money in my pocket. But I also had ambitions to make something of myself, so I took the SAT tests and made an appointment for the Achievement tests later that summer after graduation. On the day of the tests I never went. I have a vivid memory of walking down the street to the pool room on that day, and thinking that I would never go to college for the simple reason that my mother couldn’t afford it, and neither could I. I also remember the sick feeling I had accepting that my poverty was going to ruin my life after all.

College was, and still is, the surest way to get ahead in life, really ahead, and really ahead in many ways.

Sure, there are jobs out there that pay pretty good without the requirement of a college degree, but pretty good is not very good.

An example:

My stepson got his degree and then a lot of bad jobs that paid badly. Then one day my Yellow Book (called Hibu now) representative moved to a bigger job and his job opened up. He told me that his company rarely hires anyone but they are going to have interviews for his position. I told him that I have the perfect candidate, for my stepson is experienced in sales, never took a drug or drank a sip of alcohol, and has a college degree. On the day I was buying my new truck, my rep called me to tell me my stepson got the job. The job is a six-figure job, and my stepson became one of their leading reps, getting free vacations to Hawaii almost every year. He would not have gotten the job without a college degree.

Another example:

Me. I would not have a successful painting business if I could not answer intelligently and cleverly the important questions that highly paid plant managers, business owners, etc. ask me when I first meet them. The confidence these people get in me isn’t because I can swing a brush professionally, but because I have taken on painting jobs for many years and never stopped learning how to do them better. My workers who are not educated are also not capable of changing their ways and becoming better painters by learning a better way to do things. My best brush man, who quit school before graduating from high school, makes the same mistakes every day that I have to touch up. He simply doesn’t have the capability to learn anything sophisticated.

A last example:

You. I’m not surprised that you people failed to follow through on your educations, for it’s something I’ve been telling you for years. Your thinking and your writing is undisciplined and all over the place. The reasons you’ve given for the so-called unnecessary college degree are attempts to hide your personality issues. Just be honest … you’ve fucked yourselves. Your personalities have ruined your lives, somewhat, after all.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

07 December 2019 06:20

I guess, Johnny, your “honest question” about Jesus was more of an “honest statement” that revealed your inner workings keeping you diametrically opposed to what your good and true parents taught you about him your whole life until adolescence set in and an army of horny toads came into you like a plague.

You’ve come back to the forum numerous times since I gave to you my “honest answer”, only to keep your distance and your worldly purpose in life.

Now you’ve returned again like an Old Testament prophet to give worldly hope to the forum folks, which amounted to take drugs and fuck more.

Your parents would be very proud of you, if you actually revealed to them your “honest self”, now wouldn’t they?

Horny little boys born rich get fucked, alright.

[ Edited: 07 December 2019 07:57 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 December 2019 17:10

Today is the 15th anniversary of this forum.

You’re slipping, Nhoj.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6931
Joined  22-02-2005

08 December 2019 18:10

It is a sixteen day festival.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 December 2019 19:26

Today’s also my birthday.

The irony ...

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6931
Joined  22-02-2005

08 December 2019 20:59

Patty Hearst Day to you.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

08 December 2019 23:32

I always liked it to be Kim Basinger day.

[ Edited: 11 December 2019 07:18 by Brother Mario]

EN
Total Posts:  22606
Joined  11-03-2007

11 December 2019 19:05

Brother Mario - 08 December 2019 11:32 PM

I always liked it to be Kim Basinger day.

How old are you?  I was 67 on Sept. 19, which is also “Talk Like a Pirate” day, matey!

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

11 December 2019 19:56

We’re the same age.

You’re just three months older.

And December 8th is the Immaculate Conception.

[ Edited: 11 December 2019 20:14 by Brother Mario]

EN
Total Posts:  22606
Joined  11-03-2007

11 December 2019 20:35

Brother Mario - 11 December 2019 07:56 PM

We’re the same age.

You’re just three months older.

And December 8th is the Immaculate Conception.

And many don’t know that the Immaculate Conception is not the conception of Jesus, but of Mary - in Catholic belief.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

12 December 2019 06:42

When I was getting my Professional Writing degree at UMass, Dartmouth, I was in a Rhetorical Theory class surrounded by secularists.

Two girls, who were Catholics but not practicing and completely identifying with secularists, began telling the class about the Immaculate Conception as the conception of Jesus. When they finished I raised my hand and explained to the class that the Immaculate Conception was Mary’s conception by her elderly and saintly parents Joachim and Anne, and one of just two ex cathedra (from the chair) pronouncements of a pope, with the other being the bodily Assumption of Mary into the presence of God. I further explained that these papal pronouncements were made in response to the Protestant attacks on Mariology, so they were not only rare but strategically made.

These girls laughed at me and the whole class thought I was making it all up. The professor looked at the girls and said something like, “This is something you can correct him with the most basic rhetorical research.” The girls nodded and the class went on as if they were right and I was wrong.

The next week I watched the girls walk into class and ostensibly ignore me. Since this was a Rhetorical Theory class and we were learning how to write arguments correctly, I expected that quite a few of the students and even the professor looked up the Immaculate Conception. And maybe they even discovered how Bernadette of Lourdes, four years after this ex cathedra pronouncement, in one of her miraculous visitations of Mary asked Mary her name. And Bernadette described Mary’s answer: “With her arms down, she raised her eyes to heaven and then, folding her hands over her breast she said, ‘I am the Immaculate Conception’”. And maybe they even discovered how the Immaculate Conception is a theology spanning many centuries and based upon the purity of Mary as a gift from God in preparation of her becoming the Mother of God and the Queen of Heaven.

Maybe these secularists studying rhetorical theory did discover that I knew what I was talking about and that the Immaculate Conception was a very significant Christian doctrine at the highest level of theological debate and historical revelation.

But they weren’t going to admit it.

Human beings find it very difficult, if not impossible, to admit that they are ignorant of many things.

[ Edited: 14 December 2019 12:21 by Brother Mario]

‹ First  < 164 165 166 167 168 >  Last ›