‹ First  < 165 166 167 168 169 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6670
Joined  31-01-2012

13 December 2019 14:51

Brother Mario - 07 December 2019 06:20 AM

You’ve come back to the forum numerous times since I gave to you my “honest answer”, only to keep your distance and your worldly purpose in life.

What did you think was going to happen? You were going to say something profound and I was going to all of a sudden believe in something? Come on, guy! That said, you’re one of the best writers in the world.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1343
Joined  26-02-2017

13 December 2019 16:07

John, I kinda wrote the opposite of expecting you to read words put into sentences, and then your personality lighting the night sky.

And I have never once on this forum wrote about “believing” in anything.

It’s like I’m writing in Latin when I tell the forum that God is first and foremost a personality we come to know and love directly, and our knowledge and love of him opens us to a full life in goodness and truth.

Belief in God is quite foreign to me.

And he “personally” saw to it that it would be.

But besides all this ...

You go out of your way to ridicule goodness and truth to a degree that must be contrived, given the parents and life you were given.

I got nothing, but still rose to the top in ways they write stories about, stories you seem to have set your heart against.

I cry every day, John. And it’s from such a deep love of the Truth that I can’t help but to want others to experience this love, both for themselves and for everyone in their life.

To mock God is to rip your own heart out.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

13 December 2019 17:16

Brother Mario - 13 December 2019 04:07 PM

John, I kinda wrote the opposite of expecting you to read words put into sentences, and then your personality lighting the night sky.

And I have never once on this forum wrote about “believing” in anything.

It’s like I’m writing in Latin when I tell the forum that God is first and foremost a personality we come to know and love directly, and our knowledge and love of him opens us to a full life in goodness and truth.

Belief in God is quite foreign to me.

And he “personally” saw to it that it would be.

But besides all this ...

You go out of your way to ridicule goodness and truth to a degree that must be contrived, given the parents and life you were given.

I got nothing, but still rose to the top in ways they write stories about, stories you seem to have set your heart against.

I cry every day, John. And it’s from such a deep love of the Truth that I can’t help but to want others to experience this love, both for themselves and for everyone in their life.

To mock God is to rip your own heart out.

I think that you might pretend more than you know. I get it. It helps. I never needed that type of help, but just in case he’s behind door number infinity, tell him that I said go fuck himself. Love ya, buddy!

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

13 December 2019 17:50

What you need today is not what you will need tomorrow.

The greatest person who ever lived told us to store up for the day when everything fleeting will be true to itself and surely go away.

It’s not wise to trust in such things. And it’s incredibly stupid to maliciously ridicule greater things.

And for me to exaggerate my life to faceless persons on the Internet is simply an impossible scenario without my being either completely insane or cluelessly narcissistic.

It’s all true, all of it.

But superficialities, like a worldly life is all about, deform us to the degree we love them more than our deepest realities.

You should be fearful of the future you’re ill-prepared for. You won’t be able to be cocky on the day it gets cut off.

[ Edited: 13 December 2019 17:58 by Brother Mario]

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

13 December 2019 18:03

Brother Mario - 13 December 2019 05:50 PM

What you need today is not what you will need tomorrow.

The greatest person who ever lived told us to store up for the day when everything fleeting will be true to itself and surely go away.

It’s not wise to trust in such things. And it’s incredibly stupid to maliciously ridicule greater things.

And for me to exaggerate my life to faceless persons on the Internet is simply an impossible scenario without my being either completely insane or cluelessly narcissistic.

It’s all true, all of it.

But superficialities, like a worldly life is all about, deform us to the degree we love them more than our deepest realities.

You should be fearful of the future you’re ill-prepared for. You won’t be able to be cocky on the day it gets cut off.

Every atheist could heed those concepts without the woo. It only feels like a necessary ingredient.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

13 December 2019 18:24

John, writing “woo” is beneath your education.

The idea that God is outside of natural human experiences is an idea found in busy heads that don’t have any great ideas to begin with.

Who is truly wise and in touch with reality? A crowd of ordinary people or a single great person?

How can the greatest achievements—and becoming truly wise through experience is an achievement—be commonplace?

Nothing is more full of “woo” than a person writing off God’s necessary existence from the position of his own unnecessary existence.

[ Edited: 13 December 2019 18:59 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

14 December 2019 19:43

So do you all feel better now? Or should I be asking if your “fee-fees” are okay?

I put you through some crazy shit, I know. All my writing about stuff you can’t see with your wide eyes or hear with your big ears or touch with your strong hands sent you into a tizzy.

But they were all just “fictional stories”, weren’t they, like the ones humans have been telling since civilizations first began and power grubbing greedy people wanted to take advantage of others?

Yes, none of my stories I tell or those stories they told are about great men and women that blazed a trail before us with courage, or lifted us higher with talent, or inspired us deeply with grace. Nope. Just the worst of humanity taking charge of you “pragmatists” through lies and deceit.

Thanks for the sociological lesson, and just in time for me to join with you to not rejoice in that most fictional of all stories—the Christmas Story.

But I do have one question.

What makes the mundane stories trashing great stories, which you just told each other to make yourselves feel better for being, well, mundane, the true stories?

[ Edited: 14 December 2019 20:40 by Brother Mario]

Traces Elk

Traces Elk
Total Posts:  5796
Joined  27-09-2006

14 December 2019 22:02

Brother Mario - 14 December 2019 07:43 PM

What makes the mundane stories trashing great stories, which you just told each other to make yourselves feel better for being, well, mundane, the true stories?

That will seem like a good question to anyone who never rises above dichotomy. To go beyond that, you’ll have to prove yourself a good enough writer to get across the concepts of truth and reality. Fuck metaphysics, BM, until you can work iron with it instead of with a hammer and tongs, which is what normal people use.

Brother Mario - 13 December 2019 06:24 PM

Who is truly wise and in touch with reality? A crowd of ordinary people or a single great person?

I appreciate the effort expended to illustrate what you denote by ‘reality’. So, you’re basically selling fascism; fascism (i.e., muscle) trumps faith every time, no pun intended.

[ Edited: 14 December 2019 22:10 by Traces Elk]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

15 December 2019 05:47

There is not good enough writing in existence that can “prove” to a dedicated ignoramus anything other than more of the ignorance that he shits out as somehow being gifted to him on the toilet seat every morning.

You keep using metaphors of men building stuff, yet you are a person who disregards all the great thinkers who went before you, and stand before you now, to sit all alone in some rickety ass house you keep building upon without any educated skills and with no tools other than a dictionary.

You string lights up on it and hang bizarre signs in its windows to draw attention to the ridiculous structure falling down all around you, as you sit another morning on its toilet squeezing out another thought that stinks to the high heaven.

No. No proof of great truths built upon a firm foundation by far greater skilled thinkers than you is in your immediate future.

You will only get such proof after you take your last breath and your body shits itself when you’re no longer in it.

[ Edited: 15 December 2019 06:23 by Brother Mario]

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

15 December 2019 07:37

Brother Mario - 14 December 2019 07:43 PM

I put you through some crazy shit, I know.

This is what I’m talking about. You pretend to know us. How are we not supposed to think that you also pretend to know God? IMO you’re conflating greatness with theistic feats only. I blame the indoctrine of omnipotence on this one.  It’s a hard concept to reign in for the thirsty mind.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

15 December 2019 08:11

There is a new thread all about fictional stories throughout history people are duped into believing, and I am brought up as an example from the outset.

And posters showed up to support each other with their fabricated opinions about ancient stories, completely excluding any thoughts that people simply told the truth about great things happening among them.

And there you go being a face in this stupid crowd, accusing me of being the pretender because I write about great things happening.

You simply can’t listen to anything but what supports your lifestyle.

You actually believe in what the world offers you, and you have conformed yourself accordingly.

No matter how many things you put into your mouth or on your body, you will never become a truly successful human being until you live for every opportunity to give of yourself. And the reason this is so is because we will live forever according to the person we have willfully and wisely and lovingly become.

Takers are not the great persons among us, neither today and now nor tomorrow and forever.

Your superficial label of “theistic” is pasted over your deepest realities that you will regret forever not coming to know and love, and then serve with your whole mind, heart, and soul.

Okay, now get dressed and go eat at some fancy restaurant like you’ve planned for today. I’ll take a guess and say you like eating at Benu, at about $500 per person, but unfortunately it’s closed today.

[ Edited: 16 December 2019 06:31 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

16 December 2019 06:54

So the other day my Fitbit told me that I had walked 250 miles in about three weeks.

Now, thanks to EN and the rest of you, I don’t believe it. I think it is just telling me a story to control me and get me to spend more money.

There is no way I work so hard and so much that I walk that far.

Thanks again, guys.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  7388
Joined  08-12-2006

16 December 2019 08:40

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9943
Joined  20-02-2006

16 December 2019 09:58

Q:  What images never appear on Christmas cards?  Mathew 2:16-18

16. Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.

17. Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying,

18.  In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

IYO - Did Jesus’s parents tell him about this when he was old enough to understand?  “Son, your birth caused hundreds of infants to be slaughtered.” 

Was Herod the Grinch who stole Christmas by killing all the other babies and little kids in Bethlehem and beyond?  Why didn’t God warn the other fathers about Herod’s intentions the way he warned Joseph?  The other babies weren’t important?  It makes a better story if only Joseph gets warned?  The border patrol would have become suspicious if hundred of parents had started seeking asylum in Egypt?  https://etc.usf.edu/clipart/188000/188011/188011-the-slaughter-of-the-innocents.htm

[ Edited: 16 December 2019 10:10 by unsmoked]

EN
Total Posts:  22632
Joined  11-03-2007

16 December 2019 10:01

Brother Mario - 16 December 2019 06:54 AM

So the other day my Fitbit told me that I had walked 250 miles in about three weeks.

Now, thanks to EN and the rest of you, I don’t believe it. I think it is just telling me a story to control me and get me to spend more money.

There is no way I work so hard and so much that I walk that far.

Thanks again, guys.

Are there any stories out there in the world that are fictional, that people have believed?  I gave a general explanation of how some fictional stories come to be accepted.  Obviously, some stories are true.  Do you literally believe every story you hear?  Is that not the definition of gullibility?

‹ First  < 165 166 167 168 169 >  Last ›