‹ First  < 167 168 169 170 171 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  26-02-2017

18 December 2019 12:40

Three things, John—

You couldn’t possibly be sure that God doesn’t exist, only opinionated about it. Your absolute trust in your own opinions over everything you see and hear to the contrary is not a defense that will stand up when your complete life is compiled and you come to the moment when you will be worth only what you have willfully, wisely, and lovingly become.

You contradicted yourself by saying that it could be a waste of time to know and love God, and also 100% irrelevant to being a good person. Being a good person is the direct result of the values and ideals we hold to be true. Believing that we are evolved from a primordial soup and will one day rot in the ground doesn’t offer us much in the way of giving us inspiration to rise above our daily habits and interests for the good of others. Believing that we are created out of the love and power of a divine God and will one day stand before him to return his love as his loving children is nothing but an inspiration to rise above ourselves for the good of others.

And my story is not one that you have an argument against. I simply couldn’t be wrong about God because it wasn’t me who did things that made me “believe” in God, but God who did things that made me “know and love” him. Your ignorance of Catholic saints who claimed the same knowledge and love is just another act of trust in your own opinions, which kept you from searching any further than the end of your own nose. Today, as we write to each other, there are thousands of women and men who are in direct communication with God. A long time ago I used to visit a community of Poor Clares who were mostly young women with college degrees. They didn’t tell me about their “belief” in God, but about their “knowledge and love” of God. There is a documentary entitled God is the Bigger Elvis about Dolores Hart, a beautiful Hollywood actress who left the movie business decades ago and entered a contemplative monastery. At one point in the documentary she says something like, “It gets kind of tough sometimes. But this is the place to be, isn’t it?” What she is saying is that she is experiencing God there in that place at a level that can be experienced only in that place. You are in the place you are, the world, and making judgments about her, me, and the thousands of others like us living today, and the billions of people like us throughout human history.

Your education in Psychology taught you not to project yourself upon others. Saying you are 100% sure God doesn’t exist and ridiculing God in the process are not the actions of a rational intellect, but of a certain sort of personality.

[ Edited: 19 February 2020 18:11 by Brother Mario]

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6578
Joined  31-01-2012

19 December 2019 07:43

Brother Mario - 18 December 2019 12:40 PM

Three things, John—

You couldn’t possibly be sure that God doesn’t exist, only opinionated about it. Your absolute trust in your own opinions over everything you see and hear to the contrary is not a defense that will stand up when your complete life is compiled and you come to the moment when you will be worth only what you have willfully, wisely, and lovingly become.

You contradicted yourself by saying that it could be a waste of time to know and love God, and also 100% irrelevant to being a good person. Being a good person is the direct result of the values and ideals we hold to be true. Believing that we are evolved from a primordial soup and will one day rot in the ground doesn’t offer us much in the way of giving us inspiration to rise above our daily habits and interests for the good of others. Believing that we are created out of the love and power of a divine God and will one day stand before him to return his love as his loving children is nothing but an inspiration to rise above ourselves for the good of others.

And my story is not one that you have an argument against. I simply couldn’t be wrong about God because it wasn’t me who did things that made me “believe” in God, but God who did things that made me “know and love” him. Your ignorance of Catholic saints who claimed the same knowledge and love is just another act of trust in your own opinions, which kept you from searching any further than the end of your own nose. Today, as we write to each other, there are thousands of women and men who are in direct communication with God. A long time ago I used to visit a community of Poor Clares who were mostly young women with college degrees. They didn’t tell me about their “belief” in God, but about their “knowledge and love” of God. There is a documentary entitled God is the Bigger Elvis about Dolores Hart, a beautiful Hollywood actress who left the movie business decades ago and entered a contemplative monastery. At one point in the documentary she says something like, “It gets kind of tough sometimes. But this is place to be, isn’t it?” What she is saying is that she is experiencing God there in that place at a level that can be experienced only in that place. You are in the place you are, the world, and making judgments about her, me, and the thousands of others like us living today, and the billions of people like us throughout human history.

Your education in Psychology taught you not to project yourself upon others. Saying you are 100% sure God doesn’t exist and ridiculing God in the process are not the actions of a rational intellect, but of a certain sort of personality.

Fair enough. But just so you know, I’m a natural skeptic. I’m convince-able of very few things. For example, I’m nearly certain that empathetic values can be derived from our born-into state of ongoing social interaction. Am I 100% convinced? No; but it just seems to me to be so much more plausible (and helpful) than an intelligent creator we can know on a personal level. If that’s an artifact of my own personality than color me prideful because I think that this world needs more people who cherish it as much as most do god. And when my world comes crashing down on me - when people look to God the most - maybe then I’ll repent just to grab his ear for a quick second while I tell him to prepare a cozy little nook for me in hell with my boys Hitch and Sam.

[ Edited: 19 December 2019 07:45 by Jb8989]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

19 December 2019 08:04

And fair enough to you.

Hitch and Sam are obviously guys that became so filled with pride from their skill at weaving into patterns their mundane ability to think that they emptied out everything else to give their pride more room to roam. Dawkins is a particularly self-loving asshole.

But it’s not Hell that they, and all self-absorbed assholes, need to worry about.

The price a person pays for loving themselves in inordinate ways for a lifetime is a starving personality from goodness and truth malnutrition.

On the greatest day of our lives we will reap the rewards we have earned from the goodness, Truth, and love we have accepted into our lives as formative powers that overcame our limitations as weak and selfish human beings.

In a word, we will become like God to the degree that we become as perfect as he is, now, today, before it’s too late to do it on our own.

This is the meaning to our lives everyone really doesn’t want to know because of how difficult it is to accomplish well.

Hiding behind easily developed personal opinions is just another cowardly way out of knowing and loving, and then living, the Truth.

[ Edited: 19 December 2019 09:24 by Brother Mario]

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

19 December 2019 14:18

Brother Mario - 19 December 2019 08:04 AM

And fair enough to you.

Hitch and Sam are obviously guys that became so filled with pride from their skill at weaving into patterns their mundane ability to think that they emptied out everything else to give their pride more room to roam. Dawkins is a particularly self-loving asshole.

But it’s not Hell that they, and all self-absorbed assholes, need to worry about.

The price a person pays for loving themselves in inordinate ways for a lifetime is a starving personality from goodness and truth malnutrition.

On the greatest day of our lives we will reap the rewards we have earned from the goodness, Truth, and love we have accepted into our lives as formative powers that overcame our limitations as weak and selfish human beings.

In a word, we will become like God to the degree that we become as perfect as he is, now, today, before it’s too late to do it on our own.

This is the meaning to our lives everyone really doesn’t want to know because of how difficult it is to accomplish well.

Hiding behind easily developed personal opinions is just another cowardly way out of knowing and loving, and then living, the Truth.

You’ll never be a God, Brother. The world’s split up into us who know that and y’all who don’t.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

19 December 2019 14:58

I am already like God. And so are you.

Where do you think our talking to each other comes from?

The mindless universe is not your father, just the house your father built for you to live in while you work until you inherit the big house and your fair share of his fortune.

You of all people here should understand how this works.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

19 December 2019 15:45

Brother Mario - 19 December 2019 02:58 PM

I am already like God. And so are you.

Where do you think our talking to each other comes from?

The mindless universe is not your father, just the house your father built for you to live in while you work until you inherit the big house and your fair share of his fortune.

You of all people here should understand how this works.

You’ve read to much Freud. God isn’t your father. Your actual father is the earlier version of you. A you you’ve chosen to abscond to fairy tales written here and now by people, like you.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

19 December 2019 17:32

Sorry, John, you have no honest focal point to tell me that I am just a person thinking up thoughts or stories to tell you mere opinions about God and us.

You certainly are swimming in opinions in your last post, because the honest truth is you haven’t spent the time it takes to buy a new suit having God in your life.

You’ve been a giddy little rich kid without God, which is fine as long as it keeps working for you.

Just don’t tell me that you’re filled with confidence that you know what people with God are experiencing.

I have no experience of giddily looking at six figures in my bank account, so I wouldn’t try to tell you that I do.

So don’t tell me about my experiences of God that you have no experiences of.

Your posts about God have the same ridiculously authoritative tone as GAD’s.

And Freud was a fool who claimed everything was about sex when he was young and everything was about death when he was old.

[ Edited: 19 December 2019 18:00 by Brother Mario]

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

20 December 2019 06:23

Brother Mario - 19 December 2019 05:32 PM

Sorry, John, you have no honest focal point to tell me that I am just a person thinking up thoughts or stories to tell you mere opinions about God and us.

You certainly are swimming in opinions in your last post, because the honest truth is you haven’t spent the time it takes to buy a new suit having God in your life.

You’ve been a giddy little rich kid without God, which is fine as long as it keeps working for you.

Just don’t tell me that you’re filled with confidence that you know what people with God are experiencing.

I have no experience of giddily looking at six figures in my bank account, so I wouldn’t try to tell you that I do.

So don’t tell me about my experiences of God that you have no experiences of.

Your posts about God have the same ridiculously authoritative tone as GAD’s.

And Freud was a fool who claimed everything was about sex when he was young and everything was about death when he was old.

I’m surprised that it took an atheist to tell you this, but you’re not like god at all.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

20 December 2019 17:15

Okay, Henny Youngman.

Just answer the question.

Where does our ability to have a discussion come from?

I’m not surprised that it took a theist to tell you this—you’re not like a rock at all.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

21 December 2019 07:49

Brother Mario - 20 December 2019 05:15 PM

Just answer the question.

Where does our ability to have a discussion come from?

You know where we go when we play this game. I’ll say that language is a biological instinct so that we were able to socially evolve, and you’ll say it was something god-induced. From a persuasive standpoint, I can’t imagine a more difficult crowd for you than here, but then again you once told me that’s part of the reason you come here. Regardless, have a merry Christmas, kid. I have a bunch of work to finish before I can start the holiday festivities so I’ll see you after the new years.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

21 December 2019 08:53

God-given, John, as in him having first and foremost a personality exactly like ours but perfect.

This is the Truth that changes everything, for we are filled with a share of his divinity, not simply made up of physical stuff that somehow “tethers” us to each other.

Your aversion to us being “like God” is the exact aversion that got Jesus condemned and ultimately tortured and killed.

Hours before he died he confirmed to the High Priest Caiaphas that he was humanity’s Messiah and would sit on the right hand of God, which got him condemned.

And just after that he confirmed to the Roman Procurator Pontius Pilate that he was a King born to give us the Truth, which got him tortured and killed.

And here are you and your skeptic friends 2,000 years later taking the place of these stupid men who only saw a physical human being rather than the Godly greatness before them.

You have a very good Christmas, too.

The greatest person who was ever born paid a very high price for us to have his spirit fill us with hope and joy, particularly at this time of year.

Try not to think your way out of it.

[ Edited: 21 December 2019 11:11 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9254
Joined  20-02-2006

21 December 2019 11:03

Brother Mario - 21 December 2019 08:53 AM

The greatest person who was ever born paid a very high price for us to have his spirit fill us with hope and joy, particularly at this time of year.

Try not to think your way out of it.

Here are some parents, mentioned in the Bible, who paid a very high price for Jesus to come and fill their spirit with hope and joy.

Mathew 2:16-18

Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.

Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying,

In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

https://arthive.com/artists/2430~Valerio_Castello/works/30684~The_massacre_of_the_innocents

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

22 December 2019 08:51

The Evil of Intellectualism

The main argument that you skeptics claim for your foundation under your becoming atheists (in your mind only, of course) is your intellectual talents.

Your atheism is in your mind, your becoming atheists is in your mind, and it is in your mind that you remain, refusing to open it up to anything contrary to what you have already cemented within it.

In a word, you skeptics are devoted to “Intellectualism”.

I have told you skeptics many times over the years that the only way we can come to profound conclusions about anything is to collect individual facts and apply them to not only our intelligence, but also to our experiences and principles.

I have told you skeptics that simple intellectualism in simple minds can argue both sides of any argument equally. And you skeptics have certainly not disappointed me.

Now … look at today’s politicians. Look at how Democrats and Republicans are on completely opposite sides of every argument. They see the same evidence, they experience the same realities, but they become polar opposites of each other. Why? Because they live in their heads and not in their hearts. Because they are untalented thinkers, untrained and uninterested in philosophical principles that are unchanging and true. And, most of all, because their agenda is immediate and worldly, not long-lasting and principled.

Look at the stupidity of the Democrats when they impeached Donald Trump, knowing that Mitch McConnell would never allow witnesses that Trump is hiding in the White House to testify in the Senate, but still acting as if there was a chance, and in the process giving to Mitch the opportunity to take the center stage and make Democrats look stupid.

Look at the malice of the Republicans when they know these witnesses are being hidden in the White House, but constantly make the claim that it is the Democrats who have failed to make a case for impeaching Trump.

Stupid intellectuals facing malicious intellectuals on opposite sides of an argument that has no possibility of coming to a profound conclusion.

This is your beloved intellectualism at work.

Here is what Pelosi should have said: “We, the majority in the House, voted in by the American People, have done the work that we were forced to do because of our President’s actions and intentions. We know that the majority in the Senate will not honor our commitment to the American People and our Constitution, but will politicize us and refuse to call the witnesses before them that President Trump has hidden in the White House. McConnell will now continue Trump’s obstruction of justice and attempt to hold a sham trial in the Senate. We have the Articles of Impeachment in our hands, and in our hands they will stay until McConnell also serves the American People and our Constitution, and not Donald Trump. I hope he surprises me and makes the right decisions that his high office demands, and we can progress to a fair trial of President Trump in the Senate, but I do not have much hope.”

Then, Pelosi would have set the political stage as it truly was, and McConnell would not have had the clear path to be the smirking lying asshole he now is.

Here is what McConnell should have said: “I, the majority leader in the Senate, voted in by the American People, a Republican and a supporter of President Trump, am also an American who respects the rule of law and the Constitution. I will allow the Senate to conduct an honest and complete trial of President Trump as he faces the Articles of Impeachment given to us by the House. I do not believe that he obstructed justice in the House, because he was entitled to a more fair trial, which I intend to give to him. I do believe that he will be proven innocent from the additional witnesses that have firsthand accounts of his words and actions surrounding his dealings with Ukraine during the time aid to this corrupt country was delayed. This is also my hope because of all the good I believe President Donald J. Trump has done for our country. I look forward to an honest and speedy trial.”

Then, McConnell would have stood on the political stage as he truly should, and Pelosi would not have had no other choice but to applaud him.

And America, all of America, the spirit of America, would have been the better for it.

But this America had no chance of becoming a reality.

Your beloved (ignorant, unprincipled, and worldly) intellectualism killed it, just as it’s killing in you so much that is good and true.

[ Edited: 23 December 2019 16:34 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

22 December 2019 14:25

Only a skeptic dipshit would call the secularization of the most significant and most holy day in human history an “evolution”.

Welcome not back, Jan.

You’re a moron.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

24 December 2019 16:26

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

There are angels out tonight singing the praises of God.

And we are called by them to join in.

The lowly have been raised up into Heaven.

The mighty have been crushed down into the Earth.

Hosanna in the Highest.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=hosanna+in+the+highest&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&rec_search=1&plvar=0&refig=f6c1de3750c64802d4fe682a584e7625&sp=1&qs=AS&pq=hosanna+in+the+&sk=PRES1&sc=8-15&cvid=f6c1de3750c64802d

[ Edited: 24 December 2019 20:39 by Brother Mario]

‹ First  < 167 168 169 170 171 >  Last ›