‹ First  < 172 173 174 175 176 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9939
Joined  20-02-2006

15 May 2020 12:31

Brother Mario - 15 May 2020 11:48 AM

And eternal life is one amazing bit of “make believe” that gives meaning to our lives and brings justice where there is none to be had.

And science assures you that you are not going to be disappointed.  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11256979-the-magic-of-reality

quote:  “Richard Dawkins, the world’s most famous evolutionary biologist, presents a gorgeously lucid, science book examining some of the nature’s most fundamental questions both from a mythical and scientific perspective.”

[ Edited: 15 May 2020 12:36 by unsmoked]

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  5183
Joined  19-08-2010

15 May 2020 12:37

You’re making me mention Dennis and popcorn.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

15 May 2020 13:03

MARTIN_UK - 15 May 2020 12:37 PM

You’re making me mention Dennis and popcorn.

You mean, about a month before Trump was elected?

quote: 
Dennis Campbell - 11 October 2016 05:02 PM
burt - 11 October 2016 04:49 PM
Dennis Campbell - 11 October 2016 02:21 PM
Celal,

DT will lose.  Big time.  Lose.  It’s called democracy.

He’s counting on that, it will give him a reason to continue posting. If Trump actually won he wouldn’t know what to do, or where to dig up more lies.

And some folks wonder why I’m so cynical.  It all started when you went after my popcorn concession…..

Dennis, I know popcorn, I have popped the best popcorn, there is no popcorn better than the popcorn that I pop. And after driving the concession into the ground I can get a big tax write-off.”  -  end quote

Martin, are you suggesting I’m driving the concession into the ground?

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Joined  19-08-2010

16 May 2020 00:12

So is it Burt who has the concession now? I thought it was Bruce.

Well… I know it’s not me.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1923
Joined  01-11-2014

16 May 2020 16:22

Hey Mario.

So you made a break for it?

You managed to get on another thread.

Who tackled you; Nhoj, LJ or Martin?

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6931
Joined  22-02-2005

16 May 2020 18:15

It was Mart. He gets the horns and tail.

But I’m sure they will grow back soon.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  16398
Joined  17-12-2006

17 May 2020 08:25

Brother Mario - 15 May 2020 07:30 AM

To the reformed smoker who thinks the dictionary is where wisdom is found:

blather
[?blaT?H?r]
VERB
talk long-windedly without making very much sense.
“she began blathering on about spirituality and life after death”
synonyms:
prattle · babble · chatter · twitter · prate · gabble · jabber · go on · [more]
NOUN
long-winded talk with no real substance.
“all the blather coming out of Washington about crime”
synonyms:
prattle · chatter · twitter · babble · talk · prating · gabble · jabber · [more]

And a limerick:

My pajama is now my pants
So comfy in them I dance and I prance
To the store or out for a ride
My pajama I don’t even hide

The boys are free and the girls kinda see
But the comfy is worth the creepy

Ha!

And Pascal not only had a wager, he had a recommendation: start acting as if you believe and eventually you will believe.

You who trade on divine rapture show
The way to get there, if you know.
Stop shooting the breeze
Lay out a path, please.
Our camels are loaded ready to go.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

17 May 2020 08:28

unsmoked - 15 May 2020 11:41 AM

For skeptics, blathering about science is more interesting than blathering about make believe.

Need to review the idea of skepticism. It isn’t disbelief, it’s suspension of judgment. A skeptic is really the only one who has real faith. (Mario will denounce this saying that he has faith because of his experiences, but that’s not faith, it’s certainty which makes him a dogmatist.)

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

17 May 2020 12:36

burt - 17 May 2020 08:28 AM

For skeptics, blathering about science is more interesting than blathering about make believe.

Need to review the idea of skepticism. It isn’t disbelief, it’s suspension of judgment. A skeptic is really the only one who has real faith. (Mario will denounce this saying that he has faith because of his experiences, but that’s not faith, it’s certainty which makes him a dogmatist.)

skeptic  noun

1.  a person inclined to question or doubt accepted opinions.

What if God really does talk to Brother Mario!  I wonder why He asked Mario to post on the Sam Harris Forum instead of becoming a priest?  https://condenaststore.com/featured/old-woman-is-talking-to-a-priest-in-front-kim-warp.html

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1343
Joined  26-02-2017

17 May 2020 17:10

Hey, Martin, you suspended me for a shitty post I mistakenly put in the wrong thread.

What thread was it in?

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1343
Joined  26-02-2017

17 May 2020 17:40

burt, Mario has never used the word “faith” on this forum, to either support a believer or criticize a skeptic.

It is not a lack of faith in God that is our problem, but too much faith in ourself.

Jesus never said, “Have faith in God”, but, “Deny yourself”.

He actually accused his disciples, who left everything and followed him, of having no faith at all.

But a single prostitute, who washed his feet with her tears and dried them with her hair, he told had faith that saved her soul.

Skeptics are fools because they have faith in their intellects so much, they lose their true lives in a lifetime of mundane thoughts.

Kneel before God and weep for the prostitution of yourself you have committed for selfish temporary gain.

Then, and only then, will God touch your head, lift you up, and send you on a journey of a lifetime that never ends.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

17 May 2020 22:47

unsmoked - 17 May 2020 12:36 PM

skeptic  noun

What if God really does talk to Brother Mario!  I wonder why He asked Mario to post on the Sam Harris Forum instead of becoming a priest?  https://condenaststore.com/featured/old-woman-is-talking-to-a-priest-in-front-kim-warp.html

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

17 May 2020 22:49

unsmoked - 17 May 2020 12:36 PM

skeptic  noun

Ancient skepticism: from Sextus Empiricus, three classes of philosophers: dogmatists who believe their system is the truth, academics who believe there is no truth, and skeptics who suspend judgment and keep seeking.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

17 May 2020 22:51

Brother Mario - 17 May 2020 05:40 PM

burt, Mario has never used the word “faith” on this forum, to either support a believer or criticize a skeptic.

It is not a lack of faith in God that is our problem, but too much faith in ourself.

Jesus never said, “Have faith in God”, but, “Deny yourself”.

He actually accused his disciples, who left everything and followed him, of having no faith at all.

But a single prostitute, who washed his feet with her tears and dried them with her hair, he told had faith that saved her soul.

Skeptics are fools because they have faith in their intellects so much, they lose their true lives in a lifetime of mundane thoughts.

Kneel before God and weep for the prostitution of yourself you have committed for selfish temporary gain.

Then, and only then, will God touch your head, lift you up, and send you on a journey of a lifetime that never ends.

Yep, a limited understanding.

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Joined  19-08-2010

17 May 2020 22:56

Brother Mario - 17 May 2020 05:10 PM

Hey, Martin, you suspended me for a shitty post I mistakenly put in the wrong thread.

What thread was it in?

That did cross my mind. It was a newbie thread.

‹ First  < 172 173 174 175 176 >  Last ›