‹ First  < 183 184 185

Brother Mario

burt

burt
Total Posts:  16399
Joined  17-12-2006

02 April 2021 11:14

A comment on both BM and unsmoked. Happy Easter to you both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFi7_U1a9VA

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  1343
Joined  26-02-2017

02 April 2021 17:19

Hi, Burt

I know you’re trying to help, but the Crucifixion is best contemplated in silence while waiting for the Holy Spirit to give us its true meaning and power. The Resurrection is something to sing about.

And please don’t ever put me in the same category as unsmoked. He’s a very poor reader who couldn’t be more ignorant or out of touch with his humanity.

I’ve been playing on the WPT site lately. I win about every other table I play on because the people there at the middle level are so bad. Once my chips get into the billions I’ll play on the top tables.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

02 April 2021 19:34

Brother Mario - 02 April 2021 05:19 PM

Hi, Burt

I know you’re trying to help, but the Crucifixion is best contemplated in silence while waiting for the Holy Spirit to give us its true meaning and power. The Resurrection is something to sing about.

And please don’t ever put me in the same category as unsmoked. He’s a very poor reader who couldn’t be more ignorant or out of touch with his humanity.

I’ve been playing on the WPT site lately. I win about every other table I play on because the people there at the middle level are so bad. Once my chips get into the billions I’ll play on the top tables.

Not putting you and unsmoked into same category, but was pointing out… let’s say human perversity (to use a gentle term).

I just go into sit and go games on clubWPT, started with 5000 chips and have bit over 70,000 now. Agreed about the level of play, every game I hope that my first few hands are folds so the characters who go all in with nothing reveal themselves. Was doing quite well in the local league online games up until a couple of weeks ago, have been going through one bad beat after another since then. C’est la vie, I’ll survive. Got first vaccination on Tuesday, hope you’re doing well.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9952
Joined  20-02-2006

03 April 2021 18:16

Brother Mario - 02 April 2021 05:27 AM

It’s Good Friday.

It’s a reminder of a day when a man gave everything he could to help everyone he could.

A day even the sky died.

https://www.history.com/topics/religion/inquisition#:~:text=End of the Spanish Inquisition,-In 1808, Napoleon&text=The last person to be,hanged for heresy in 1826.

“The last person to be executed by the Inquisition was Cayetano Ripoll, a Spanish schoolmaster hanged for heresy in 1826.”

A day in 1826 when even the sky died for schoolmaster Ripoli.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayetano_Ripoll

Schoolmaster Ripoli was hanged by the Inquisition for teaching Deism to his pupils.

Deism
“Deism is the philosophical position that rejects revelation as a source of religious knowledge and asserts that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to establish the existence of a Supreme Being or creator of the universe.”  -  Wikipedia

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

23 July 2021 20:00

Hello, everyone.

I’d ask you if you miss me, but Trump ruined that, too.

To the unvaccinated—whatever ...

Peace out

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

09 August 2021 07:48

Hello

[ Edited: 09 August 2021 13:32 by Brother Mario]
Image Attachments

Joe_2021.jpg_.jpeg

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1936
Joined  01-11-2014

13 August 2021 13:11

Hi Mario.

You haven’t been around in a while.

How’s your summer been? Any problems with Covid personally or work wise?

Has anyone told you that you have a passing resemblance to actor Billy Bob Thornton? I think so.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

16 August 2021 17:28

Hi, Cat
Hot and wet summer. Got three houses done, four to go.
Factory work still kicking.
Covid hasn’t touched me.
And Billy Bob used to look like me. Now he’s old and skinny as shit.
Take care

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

17 August 2021 15:59

Brother Mario - 16 August 2021 05:28 PM

Hi, Cat
Hot and wet summer. Got three houses done, four to go.
Factory work still kicking.
Covid hasn’t touched me.
And Billy Bob used to look like me. Now he’s old and skinny as shit.
Take care

Glad to hear from you and know you’re keeping busy. Someday I’m going to want a mailing address for you.
Good picture, too.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

24 August 2021 09:02

Hi, burt

Still walking around in sandals? Hideous. Toes aren’t for viewing.

All my information is on my website: joemellopainting.com. See the hat.

I’ve been monitoring your philosophical discussion with the buffalo. As I told you before, I may have a philosophy degree, but philosophical discussions trying to get other people to “understand” what only our personal experiences and personal gifts can teach us is more hideous than wearing sandals.

Since you guys (I believe the buffalo is a male, which is usually easy to tell on a buffalo.) mentioned my “claims” about God, please allow me to make a single point that you and the buffalo are missing.

You are both limiting yourselves and reality to what your intellects can figure out. I know you keep saying that “truth” is not your aim, but to claim that I have experienced a “Catholic” God and not simply God is for you to claim that the “truth” is that God cannot be experienced in himself simply as he is. And for you to further claim that everything Catholicism has taught about God for 2,000 years does not contain experiences of God’s actual reality, but only God’s reality clothed in religion.

Neither you or the buffalo has won the day, for you both put your heads on your pillows at the end of the day still ignorant of who God actually is and who you are because of who God actually is.

I, you, and the buffalo have been born in the fullness of time, and have been given the great gift of being able to know God in “Spirit and Truth”.

Waxing philosophical about God is the surest way not to know God, and not to allow God to give to us his greatest gifts.

Every skeptic throughout human history got trapped in his or her intellect and never got out.

God is not impressed by our thoughts, but moved by our human lives. A child in Somalia starving and covered in flies is closer to God than any intellectual can comprehend.

God’s hidden wisdom is that his greatness is attracted to our lowliness, and our only greatness is overcoming our lowliness.

Angels are in awe of us for it. God loves us for it.

There is no other Truth.

[ Edited: 24 August 2021 16:47 by Brother Mario]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9952
Joined  20-02-2006

24 August 2021 16:49

Brother Mario - 24 August 2021 09:02 AM

Hi, burt

I’ve been monitoring your philosophical discussion with the buffalo. As I told you before, I may have a philosophy degree, but philosophical discussions trying to get other people to “understand” what only our personal experiences and personal gifts can teach us is more hideous than wearing sandals.

Since you guys (I believe the buffalo is a male, which is usually easy to tell on a buffalo.) mentioned my “claims” about God, please allow me to make a single point that you and the buffalo are missing.

You are both limiting yourselves and reality to what your intellects can figure out. I know you keep saying that “truth” is not your aim, but to claim that I have experienced a “Catholic” God and not simply God is for you to claim that the “truth” is that God cannot be experienced in himself simply as he is. And for you to further claim that everything Catholicism has taught about God for 2,000 years does not contain experiences of God’s actual reality, but only God’s reality clothed in religion.

Neither you or the buffalo has won the day, for you both put your heads on your pillows at the end of the day still ignorant of who God actually is and who you are because of who God actually is.

I, you, and the buffalo have been born in the fullness of time, and have been given the great gift of being able to know God in “Spirit and Truth”.

Waxing philosophical about God is the surest way not to know God, and not to allow God to give to us his greatest gifts.

Every skeptic throughout human history got trapped in his or her intellect and never got out.

God is not impressed by our thoughts, but moved by our human lives. A child in Somalia starving and covered in flies is closer to God than any intellectual can comprehend.

God’s hidden wisdom is that his greatness is attracted to our lowliness, and our only greatness is overcoming our lowliness.

Angels are is awe of us for it. God loves us for it.

There is no other Truth.

https://www.amazon.com/Gods-Jury-Inquisition-Making-Modern/dp/0547844581

Established by the Catholic Church in 1231, the Inquisition continued in one form or another for almost seven hundred years.Though associated with the persecution of heretics and Jews — and with burning at the stake — its targets were more numerous and its techniques more ambitious. The Inquisition pioneered surveillance, censorship, and “scientific” interrogation. As time went on, its methods and mindset spread far beyond the Church to become tools of secular persecution. Traveling from freshly opened Vatican archives to the detention camps of Guantánamo to the filing cabinets of the Third Reich, the acclaimed writer Cullen Murphy traces the Inquisition and its legacy, showing that not only did its offices survive into the twentieth century, but in the modern world its spirit is more influential than ever.

With the combination of vivid immediacy and learned analysis that characterized his acclaimed Are We Rome?, Murphy puts a human face on a familiar but little-known piece of our past and argues that only by understanding the Inquisition can we hope to explain the making of the present.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

25 August 2021 11:09

Brother Mario - 24 August 2021 09:02 AM

Hi, burt

Angels are in awe of us for it. God loves us for it.

There is no other Truth.

One correction. I didn’t say you had experienced a Catholic God. I said that you later interpreted your experience in terms of Catholic theology. You have wisely said nothing about the direct experience.

A finger pointing at the moon,
Reason’s task and reason’s boon.
A guiding light
Through darkest night,
Herald the Sun rises soon.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

25 August 2021 11:23

P.S. Right now I’m in the Canadian Rockies, no sandals. But when I do (often) wear sandals, no toes show, I wear socks too.

‹ First  < 183 184 185