Brother Mario

burt

burt
Total Posts:  14961
Joined  17-12-2006

31 December 2017 21:30

Brother Mario - 31 December 2017 04:11 PM

Happy New Year, doc and burt.

No plans tonight. Out all weekend with family, and now time to relax.

And I’m a flawed person, burt, not a bozo. I know some powerful stuff I received as a free gift from someone who sees underneath my faults to a place where great things happen.

We’ve got different understanding of bozo, Mario, that’s all. Jokers in the deck.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  773
Joined  26-02-2017

07 January 2018 20:00

Okay ...

Just read through that thread, “The Convert-Atheist perspective”.

Not okay ...

Just read a bunch of guys (who don’t know much about God, but a whole lot about themselves, and who don’t love God, but really love themselves) going on and on about what a life with God is all about.

Fuck that, and them.

EN, stop telling these mutts how weak you think God is. God is listening to you, his son is disappointed in you, and his spirit is blowing at you to no avail.
Owl Guy, stop speaking about God altogether.
no_profundia, you were a Catholic but then read something that you believe gave to you a better foundation for your theism? If you were truly a Catholic, you would have sought to experience the living God as a Trinity of persons, then the foundation for your theism wouldn’t have been all in your head.
James, give it a rest. People need to hear what you think as much as they need to hear you fart. You haven’t done the work needed to write a single sentence about God, never mind refute theism. There is more to experiencing God than some psychological “faith” you envision in your bigoted pride-filled mind. And your hero Hitchens killed himself by living a gluttonous life. It was in justification of this lifestyle that made him become a militant atheist (not his “reason”), when he should have stayed in his true niche as a talented writer with meritorious political views.
GAD, you’re a drunk.
jd, you’re here because you have nowhere else to go.
ubique13, a little philosophy leads a person to atheism. Much philosophy leads a person to religion. But, in your case, no talent for philosophy led you to becoming an atheist groupie.
SkepticX and Jefe, I think you are the same person ... the same dull, full-of-yourself-for-no-reason person. The living God not only exists, but we all become far better persons with far more powerful personalities when we give to him, and not ourselves, all the credit for the good in our lives. So, in a word, by ignoring God, you boys are spending your lives ignoring the truth about yourselves. A shameful “oops” is the destiny of both of you.

Hey, Nhoj, I hope much is better for your dear daughter.
And thanks for letting me post on this forum, “here at the end of all things” great and wondrous.

[ Edited: 07 January 2018 22:13 by Brother Mario]

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5881
Joined  22-02-2005

07 January 2018 20:51

Yes. Much is better. Thanks for asking.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

09 January 2018 12:03

Another dry rattling intellect who insists on translating the actual writings as they originally were.
https://aeon.co/ideas/the-gospels-of-paul-dont-say-what-you-think-they-say

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

09 January 2018 18:52

Hello, burt.

Yes, Hart is intellectually dry and rattling his way through things only a revelation from God can make good and true. But all scholars do the same ... absent said revelation.

Hart’s intellect at least has been bitten by the rich scholasticism I know to be good and true ... through said revelation.

What always makes me shake my head, however, is not that scholars write about God (and truth) in a complicated and roundabout manner, but that scholars never come to the realization that the God they are reading and writing about is tapping his fingers right next to them waiting for them to stop looking down and look up at him.

I read all the time, and always have. But I spend my days with God in a manner that would be betrayed by opening a book to look for him.

I literally have never read a spiritual insight in forty years that I took as anything more than someone else’s experience exclusive to him.

In a word, when we seek to tell others about God, only sharing with them the living God that we know and love can make what we say good and true.

[ Edited: 10 January 2018 05:22 by Brother Mario]

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

09 January 2018 19:03

Brother Mario - 09 January 2018 06:52 PM

Hello, burt.

Yes, Hart is intellectually dry and rattling his way through things only a revelation from God can make good and true. But all scholars do the same ... absent said revelation.

Hart’s intellect has at least has been bitten by the rich scholasticism I know to be good and true ... through said revelation.

What always makes me shake my head, however, is not that scholars write about God (and truth) in a complicated and roundabout manner, but that scholars never come to the realization that the God they are reading and writing about is tapping his fingers right next to them waiting for them to stop looking down and look up at him.

I read all the time, and always have. But I spend my days with God in a manner that would be betrayed by opening a book to look for him.

I literally have never read a spiritual insight in forty years that I took as anything more than someone else’s experience exclusive to him.

In a word, when we seek to tell others about God, only sharing with them the living God that we know and love can make what we say good and true.

They say that God looks down on us each day
And gains His pleasure seeing us at play.
But trying to reach Him
We often impeach Him,
By saying our dreams pave the Royal Way.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

14 January 2018 09:56

I’ve got a couple of days off. Feels good.

Patriots kicked ass. Feels good, too.

Just read through the forum looking for a topic to comment on. Felt nothing, beyond a smile coming to my face at the “pumpkin-in-chief” by Nhoj.

So ... behind my smile about our president being orange is this:

Donald Trump is on the side of lies, and is every day calling other persons over to this side.

But the question for me becomes, “Is the modern thinker prepared to choose sides between lies and truth?”

I don’t think the modern thinker is prepared, for the modern thinker has thrown out everything traditional about deeper realities for the sake of newfangled superficial facts. Where is the truth found in these superficial facts that our human ancestors further back were ignorant about deeper realities? No where.

The truth may very well be that each individual lie of Donald Trump is not an isolated incident, but a manifestation of a deeper reality, namely, that he is a worldly man who thinks like a man thinks, not like God thinks. And therefore many persons on this forum and beyond share an infinity with Donald Trump at this deeper level.

Isaiah warned us about persons like Trump long ago—The Lord has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does. He said, “Don’t call everything a conspiracy, like they do and don’t live in dread of what frightens them.”

Make no mistake, Donald Trump is a frightened little boy who does not have a real spiritual power that comes from a true knowledge and love of God.

In my mind, the modern thinker is getting what he or she deserves with Donald Trump. The lies that an atheist or secularist or some other third superficial person tells are akin to the lies of Donald Trump, for all lies come from the same faulty human trust in personal opinion, love of temporary gain, and obedience to evil spirits.

Donald Trump is not truly orange, but the darkest black.

And any person who thinks as man thinks, not as God thinks, is also living in the black darkness of one individual lie after another.

As Jesus warned, “... all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things.”

“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”

Is this language too “religious” for you? Fine. Enjoy your comradery with Donald Trump then, for there is no middle ground between lies and truth.

And to disregard deeper truths in favor of superficial opinions is the foundation that all lies are built upon.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

14 January 2018 13:20

Brother Mario - 14 January 2018 09:56 AM

I’ve got a couple of days off. Feels good.

Patriots kicked ass. Feels good, too.

Just read through the forum looking for a topic to comment on. Felt nothing, beyond a smile coming to my face at the “pumpkin-in-chief” by Nhoj.

So ... behind my smile about our president being orange is this:

Donald Trump is on the side of lies, and is every day calling other persons over to this side.

But the question for me becomes, “Is the modern thinker prepared to choose sides between lies and truth?”

I don’t think the modern thinker is prepared, for the modern thinker has thrown out everything traditional about deeper realities for the sake of newfangled superficial facts. Where is the truth found in these superficial facts that our human ancestors further back were ignorant about deeper realities? No where.

The truth may very well be that each individual lie of Donald Trump is not an isolated incident, but a manifestation of a deeper reality, namely, that he is a worldly man who thinks like a man thinks, not like God thinks. And therefore many persons on this forum and beyond share an infinity with Donald Trump at this deeper level.

Isaiah warned us about persons like Trump long ago—The Lord has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does. He said, “Don’t call everything a conspiracy, like they do and don’t live in dread of what frightens them.”

Make no mistake, Donald Trump is a frightened little boy who does not have a real spiritual power that comes from a true knowledge and love of God.

In my mind, the modern thinker is getting what he or she deserves with Donald Trump. The lies that an atheist or secularist or some other third superficial person tells are akin to the lies of Donald Trump, for all lies come from the same faulty human trust in personal opinion, love of temporary gain, and obedience to evil spirits.

Donald Trump is not truly orange, but the darkest black.

And any person who thinks as man thinks, not as God thinks, is also living in the black darkness of one individual lie after another.

As Jesus warned, “... all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things.”

“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”

Is this language too “religious” for you? Fine. Enjoy your comradery with Donald Trump then, for there is no middle ground between lies and truth.

And to disregard deeper truths in favor of superficial opinions is the foundation that all lies are built upon.

I think you’re painting with way too broad a brush here, Mario. Perhaps even a yard wide roller. The fact that people here, or secularists in general don’t accept what you proclaim as true (and what many religions proclaim as true) doesn’t mean that they are not fit to judge what is true or are not committed to truth. It’s a mistake to assume that because somebody doesn’t accept your proclamations as truth (regardless of whether or not they are) this means they are unable to recognize truth in other areas, or are confused about it. That’s an internal matter. That many people are willing to accept the Orange Creamsicle (orange outside and white, pure white inside) as telling the truth because (a) they believe him (?), or (b) it’s politically useful to do so is a problem of morality and, although you may disagree, one doesn’t need to be a devout theist to possess a decent moral sense, one only needs to be concerned about their fellow humans.

On another topic, happy to see Patriots win (one of my default teams until the 49ers start producing again), and happy to see the Steelers lose (one of the teams I generally root against).

And why are you working in the winter and staying in the cold, ice, and snow. Tucson is lively this time of year.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

14 January 2018 14:23

burt, I’m using a tiny artist brush. I’m being quite specific—the worldly person is a liar at the deepest of levels so does not have a foundation in the truth and is therefore a comrade of Donald Trump at this deeper level.

I am a contractor like those contractors who have been ripped off by Trump. Trump’s reasoning was that he had a responsibility to his family and stockholders that sometimes nullified his responsibility to the contractors who did work for him and deserved to be paid.

I got ripped off for thousands of dollars by a very rich guy who filed Chapter 11 in a part of company when the housing market fell. I worked for him for three years, painting over a hundred houses, all of which sold and made him money. But to not take a personal loss he used superficial laws to rip me off legally. He had no deep convictions or knowledge of what is true.

You claim that I am telling you some personal opinion about what is true, so you are no better than Trump.

I think as God thinks because I have been given by God a direct revelation of who he is and who I am because of him.

So what I am telling you is true. You are the one giving to me your opinion and nothing else, just as everyone else is doing when faced with the lies of Donald Trump.

If Trump knew and loved God, he wouldn’t lie. It’s as simple as that.

And if you knew and loved God, you would know that all lies flow from an ignorance of God and a love of oneself.

Yes. People are good and know that Trump is a liar. But, no, people do not know that when Trump lies it is first and foremost because he is a worldly person who does not live a good and true life with God.

No one who has chosen to mold himself or herself to modern thinking of scattered facts knows this deeper truth about Trump.

The strange drama playing out today with Republicans on one side and Democrats on the exact opposite side of every single political issue is a direct result of a world full of superficial modern thinkers without a deep foundation in truth.

Every argument can be argued equally on both sides when just the human intellect is given authority to know the truth. It is only when a foundation of truth is rooted in a deep knowledge and love of God that the authority to argue a single position is given.

Donald Trump’s individual lies can easily be argued to be beneficial to him on many levels, except at the deepest of levels where God resides.

Modern thinkers have thrown out the baby with the bath water, and are now alone and childless.

Patriots look good. But so do the Jaguars. We’ll see.

I’ve got a huge laundry to repaint inside this winter. I painted it over twenty years ago when it was being built. It took three years, and I painted it alone.

And stop seeing God as just someone’s opinion. Why would you think he would be pleased with you for doing so? Remember, he’s first and foremost a personality. Furthermore, he deserves all the glory. So be careful how you speak about him.

[ Edited: 14 January 2018 16:34 by Brother Mario]

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

14 January 2018 16:56

Brother Mario - 14 January 2018 02:23 PM

burt, I’m using a tiny artist brush. I’m being quite specific—the worldly person is a liar at the deepest of levels so does not have a foundation in the truth and is therefore a comrade of Donald Trump at this deeper level.

No, that is false. But perhaps you are also being very specific in your description of a “worldly person.” But if you intend the term to apply to anybody who disagrees with your religious pronouncements (which you do claim as being “truth, without falsehood, certain and most true” then you are disrespecting the vast majority of those who are not in the same boat by calling them liars. Likely around 99% of the human race.

I am a contractor like those contractors who have been ripped off by Trump. Trump’s reasoning was that he had a responsibility to his family and stockholders that sometimes nullified his responsibility to the contractors who did work for him and deserved to be paid.

I got ripped off for thousands of dollars by a very rich guy who filed Chapter 11 in a part of company when the housing market fell. I worked for him for three years, painting over a hundred houses, all of which sold and made him money. But to not take a personal loss he used superficial laws to rip me off legally. He had no deep convictions or knowledge of what is true.

You claim that I am telling you some personal opinion about what is true, so you are no better than Trump.

No, I did not say that you are expressing some personal opinion, although you are (which is not the same as saying that your opinion is not true). And I have no problem with your comments about the guy who ripped you off. Back in 1963 my dad’s business went belly up and he spent the next 10 years paying off the people that were left in the lurch (contra to advice from various attorneys and such that he didn’t have to do this).

I think as God thinks because I have been given by God a direct revelation of who he is and who I am because of him.

No, you do not. You think as Mario thinks, with the memories and experiences that Mario has had and the forms of learning he has taken on. You do not have access or capacity to think in the infinite and eternal mode. You have aligned yourself with certain experiences and the work that you’ve done, and that has produce a person with a certain moral stature, holding certain views of right and wrong (and note, I’m not saying they are incorrect or merely personal opinions, just giving an objective description of the situation), some of which can be classed as not time bound in attitude although they are time bound and constrained by being funneled through a limited and temporal person. This is not a claim that your revelation is not true, but simply that you are human.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

14 January 2018 18:35

See, burt? You just lied about me, and God.

Here’s a question:

Is every person who claimed a direct revelation from God mistaken and only talking about something they conjured up?

And a human being’s capacity for thought is a divine power, and therefore connected directly with God’s infinite and eternal essence.

The buffer you claim to exist between God and us is a thin veil, not a brick wall.

And God himself lifts this veil whenever he chooses. And when he does, we learn to think as God thinks from that moment forward. But only those of us chosen to be present at the lifting of this veil know this to be true. And anyone who isn’t chosen, to then claim that no such lifting of this veil happens, is a liar because he is claiming that thinking as man thinks is the only way to think.

Trump has become president because he has found million of liars to accept his lies as temporarily beneficial.

Only a chosen person who thinks as God thinks, i.e., in your “infinite and eternal mode”, knows the truth is too important sacrifice upon the altar of temporary worldly gain.

And as I heard Fulton Sheen, a chosen person, once say long ago on his television show, “If the whole world believes something is false when it is true, it is still true.”

So your “99%” reasoning for truth is also thinking as man thinks, and another lie.

[ Edited: 14 January 2018 19:54 by Brother Mario]

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

14 January 2018 21:44

Brother Mario - 14 January 2018 06:35 PM

See, burt? You just lied about me, and God.

Here’s a question:

Is every person who claimed a direct revelation from God mistaken and only talking about something they conjured up?

And a human being’s capacity for thought is a divine power, and therefore connected directly with God’s infinite and eternal essence.

The buffer you claim to exist between God and us is a thin veil, not a brick wall.

And God himself lifts this veil whenever he chooses. And when he does, we learn to think as God thinks from that moment forward. But only those of us chosen to be present at the lifting of this veil know this to be true. And anyone who isn’t chosen, to then claim that no such lifting of this veil happens, is a liar because he is claiming that thinking as man thinks is the only way to think.

Trump has become president because he has found million of liars to accept his lies as temporarily beneficial.

Only a chosen person who thinks as God thinks, i.e., in your “infinite and eternal mode”, knows the truth is too important sacrifice upon the altar of temporary worldly gain.

And as I heard Fulton Sheen, a chosen person, once say long ago on his television show, “If the whole world believes something is false when it is true, it is still true.”

So your “99%” reasoning for truth is also thinking as man thinks, and another lie.

I am telling you the truth, you do not hear. Too much wax in your ears. If you think of yourself as separate from the Real you are still behind a veil and don’t know it. If you know you are not separate from the Real, you recognize the veil and with work it becomes gauze like and transparent, although you still only have your existing doors of perception. We cannot, after all, sense the neutrino fluxes zipping through our bodies, but we can sense, to the extent allowed by embodiment, the lights of Reality.

The true Reality is so diverse
Each shining atom of this universe
Sheds illumination
On every station,
As silent lights illuminate this verse.

But when that veil of self gets in the way it casts shadows with highlights and areas of darkness and distortion.

The Teacher of the Age is always near
With lessons we can learn, succinct and clear.
But we just see the bit
That we think will fit
And only hear what we’re prepared to hear.

And you have not heard the reality trying to speak to you across your lifetime of experience, so for you:

They say that God looks down at us each day
And takes his pleasure seeing us at play.
But thinking we reach Him
We often impeach Him
Insisting that we know the Royal Way.

I’m not talking about “thinking” but about Station and State.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6265
Joined  08-12-2006

14 January 2018 22:17

Brother Mario - 14 January 2018 06:35 PM

No, Mario. Only all the ones whose revelations contradict yours.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

15 January 2018 06:22

It wasn’t my revelation, Anti.

I was doing nothing but living a worldly life.

It was a revelation from God himself, on a particular day at a particular time.

And it was a revelation that directed me to Jesus as the true Son of God and Son of Man.

All the revelations I received from the first one onward directed me to Jesus as the Truth.

Long ago I told burt, and all of you, that there are different revelations of God because God respects human history and our free will over an overt manifestation of who he truly is. So all revelations of God come from God and are good and true.

But this reality does not rule out there being the most profound and true revelation out of them all.

Jesus is this most profound and true revelation of God.

Human history shows Jesus to be the most profound and true revelation.

And so does what Jesus said and did.

It is as simple as knowing we live forever and are loved by a living God who we will one day stand before as individuals, having unique personalities that share an essence with God’s perfect personality. We are cut from the cloth of God more truly than our physical bodies reveal.

This is the revelation that Jesus gave to us — We are not merely created beings of flesh and blood, but children of God with divine spiritual gifts born of our father.

We see because God sees. We love because God loves. We think because God thinks. And on and on ...

And we can spend our lives knowing and loving God in a close relationship that brings us more and more gifts every day.

None of this is my opinion.

All of this has been revealed to me directly.

You have received this revelation indirectly, like right now, and have rejected it.

Blessed would you be if you didn’t reject the cornerstone of your life. But you have, and now you live a life with a very large piece of it missing.

Again, it is illogical to believe that because there are many revelations of God, none of them is the truest.

Only a person who doesn’t believe in revelation at all would consider it logical to believe that all revelations of God are equal and the same.

[ Edited: 15 January 2018 07:49 by Brother Mario]

EN

EN
Total Posts:  20316
Joined  11-03-2007

15 January 2018 10:58

Mario, I’m not doubting the truthfulness or validity of your direct revelation or its impact upon you.  But you wrote that prior to receiving that revelation you were “living a worldly life” - in other words, I assume that means that you were not very serious about your Christianity.  As you know, thousands of people had received direct personal revelations about Christianity before you did.  Many of those were written down, and many were recorded by the Catholic Church.  Yet, you were still living a “worldly life” until you had your own revelations.  How can you expect anyone to accept your revelation as objective proof when you did not accept the previous revelations in that manner?  If you were living a “worldly life”, that basically says you didn’t care about those revelations that others had.  Do you not see the problem here?

‹ First  < 60 61 62 63 64 >  Last ›