Total Posts:  15886
Joined  17-12-2006

27 April 2017 20:46
Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3164
Joined  07-08-2011

29 April 2017 11:36

Burt, the linked article is neither interesting nor new. She recycles the usual mantra of Muslim Apologetics which only serves to invite non-Muslims to the spin of the Islamic belief. Islamic literature provides ample proof that Aisha was a pre pubescent young child when Muhammad married her. Claims to the contrary lacks any specificity and references to Qur’an.  Note they never provide any proof for their claims. In the article any reference to “The Qur’an says ... ”  is flatly wrong as you notice it lacks any citation to ANY verse.

Qur’an has a chapter on divorce (Chapter 65). It provides instructions on how to deal with divorce from pre pubescent girls, more specifically mentions “and those whose menstruation has not YET began”,  and of course there is the 1400 years of Islamic practice.

Now ... what is interesting to me - I mean this sincerely- why do people in the West wish to help propagate these Muslim Apologetics lies.  What is the point?  Do you believe Muhammad was the messenger of God?  Do you really think God simply rewarded Muhammad with women for spreading His message ... well ... because God himself could not do himself?  What motivates you?

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3164
Joined  07-08-2011

29 April 2017 12:46

Burt, Tafsirs are Scholarly interpretation of Qur’an. One of the most popular exegeses of the Qur’an today, is called “Tafsir al-Jalalayn” from 15th Century.  It is widely accepted as an authority on exegeses of the Qur’an today.  And it says:

“And as for those of your women who read all?’? or all?’i in both instances no longer expect to menstruate if you have any doubts about their waiting period their prescribed waiting period shall be three months and also for those who have not yet menstruated because of their young age their period shall also be three months — both cases apply to other than those whose spouses have died; for these latter their period is prescribed in the verse they shall wait by themselves for four months and ten days Q. 2234. And those who are pregnant their term the conclusion of their prescribed waiting period if divorced or if their spouses be dead shall be when they deliver. And whoever fears God He will make matters ease for him in this world and in the Hereafter.”

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=0&tTafsirNo=74&tSoraNo=65&tAyahNo=4&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=2

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7686
Joined  22-02-2014

20 May 2017 19:36

Celal - 29 April 2017 11:36 AM

Burt, the linked article is neither interesting nor new. She recycles the usual mantra of Muslim Apologetics which only serves to invite non-Muslims to the spin of the Islamic belief. Islamic literature provides ample proof that Aisha was a pre pubescent young child when Muhammad married her. Claims to the contrary lacks any specificity and references to Qur’an.  Note they never provide any proof for their claims. In the article any reference to “The Qur’an says ... ”  is flatly wrong as you notice it lacks any citation to ANY verse.

Qur’an has a chapter on divorce (Chapter 65). It provides instructions on how to deal with divorce from pre pubescent girls, more specifically mentions “and those whose menstruation has not YET began”,  and of course there is the 1400 years of Islamic practice.

Now ... what is interesting to me - I mean this sincerely- why do people in the West wish to help propagate these Muslim Apologetics lies.  What is the point?  Do you believe Muhammad was the messenger of God?  Do you really think God simply rewarded Muhammad with women for spreading His message ... well ... because God himself could not do himself?  What motivates you?

This particular article didn’t strike me as too meaningful in any direction. If it’s apologetic, it’s apologetic on a point that in the end is meaningless. So if anything perhaps it’s yet another red-herring, like terrorism, meant to make us lose the scent of the real problem, i.e., the body of ideas that make up Islam.