Poll: Should/Will Mark Zuckerberg run for President in 2020?

Should, Will

Should, Will Not

Shouldn’t, Will

Shouldn’t, Will Not

Mark Zuckerberg 2017 Commencement Speech - Mark Zuckerberg for President 2020?

Spinnernicholas

Spinnernicholas
Total Posts:  2
Joined  31-05-2017

31 May 2017 13:24

Mark Zuckerberg 2017 Commencement Speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFNfY_NtC8Q

It is very clear that this is not a commencement speech.  Commencement speeches usually provide advice that can be utilized at an individual level: Work hard, take risks and never let go of your dreams!  This speech was a vision statement for the country, for humanity as a whole.  In the context of Mark’s recent actions, it is very clear he is headed toward a political career.  Will he run for president?  If the vision presented in his commencement speech is truly his intention, I hope he runs because my vision is almost a perfect match to what he presented.

Azirahael

Azirahael
Total Posts:  16
Joined  13-06-2017

13 June 2017 20:12

I’m not convinced he’s a believer.

I suspect that he worked out that ‘atheist’ is a bad hastag for someone running for public office.

Also, he says ‘religion is important’
It is.

But he never said “I am religious.”
And he never said “I believe in god.”

Please correct me if there are other posts where he expanded on this.

Spinnernicholas

Spinnernicholas
Total Posts:  2
Joined  31-05-2017

13 June 2017 21:34

Yeah, I highly doubt he is actually religious. I doubt many politicians that say they are religious are being honest.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Total Posts:  4784
Joined  28-05-2009

13 June 2017 22:08

He’s not my dream candidate by any means but I would vote for lawn furniture over what we have now.

Azirahael

Azirahael
Total Posts:  16
Joined  13-06-2017

13 June 2017 22:21

Brick Bungalow - 13 June 2017 10:08 PM

He’s not my dream candidate by any means but I would vote for lawn furniture over what we have now.

I’m not a yank, but i’d vote for him over anyone except Bernie.
Can’t say more than that, as i don’t know what his policies are.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Joined  28-05-2009

26 June 2017 22:18

Azirahael - 13 June 2017 10:21 PM
Brick Bungalow - 13 June 2017 10:08 PM

I’m not a yank, but i’d vote for him over anyone except Bernie.
Can’t say more than that, as i don’t know what his policies are.

The best case scenario is the Trump gets eliminated quickly but his success serves as a precedent to open the field to political outsiders.

Quadrewple

Quadrewple
Total Posts:  383
Joined  28-04-2017

27 June 2017 15:58

It’s pretty disappointing to me that so many people would want him to hold political office.  He is very much on board with the progressive censorship agenda - and is happy to work together with the German government to help silence critics of the refugee/migrant policy.

I’ve had some concerns with Donald Trump’s conflict of interest as a multinational businessman and president (and there are legitimate concerns).  However, that doesn’t come close to comparing with the conflict of interest of someone who is chairman and CEO of the largest social media site on the planet running for US presidency.  Maybe by the time he runs he’ll have given up that position, but maybe not.

In other words, this guy shows every sign of being a corporate, progressive, and spineless tool.  And I know the comparisons to Trump will inevitably be following, but let’s not forget that Trump ADVANCED the national conversation on very important issues tens of millions wanted addressed (Muslim immigration and illegal immigration).  What is Zuckerberg going to do to advance the national conversation and what evidence do you have of that?  All I’ve seen is evidence that he will hold the national conversation back by refusing to address very uncomfortable truths which are plaguing our society.  These are the issues which will determine whether or not our civilization lasts and these are precisely the issues he seems to be an unprincipled virtue signaler on.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Joined  28-05-2009

27 June 2017 17:31

Quadrewple - 27 June 2017 03:58 PM

It’s pretty disappointing to me that so many people would want him to hold political office.  He is very much on board with the progressive censorship agenda - and is happy to work together with the German government to help silence critics of the refugee/migrant policy.

I’ve had some concerns with Donald Trump’s conflict of interest as a multinational businessman and president (and there are legitimate concerns).  However, that doesn’t come close to comparing with the conflict of interest of someone who is chairman and CEO of the largest social media site on the planet running for US presidency.  Maybe by the time he runs he’ll have given up that position, but maybe not.

In other words, this guy shows every sign of being a corporate, progressive, and spineless tool.  And I know the comparisons to Trump will inevitably be following, but let’s not forget that Trump ADVANCED the national conversation on very important issues tens of millions wanted addressed (Muslim immigration and illegal immigration).  What is Zuckerberg going to do to advance the national conversation and what evidence do you have of that?  All I’ve seen is evidence that he will hold the national conversation back by refusing to address very uncomfortable truths which are plaguing our society.  These are the issues which will determine whether or not our civilization lasts and these are precisely the issues he seems to be an unprincipled virtue signaler on.

If by ‘advanced the national conversation’ you mean created a miasma of mutual incrimination, blame and hostility never before seen in my lifetime. I would agree that the DNC and many left leaning action groups are in denial about Islam but Trump exacerbates this rather than relieving it. Nothing he has said or done regarding this issue reflects the actual facts. The left may play into the narrative of certain mainstream apologists but Trump plays into the narrative of ISIS itself. He is the dream candidate of terrorist organizers. We will witness the escalation of terror attacks under leaders like Trump because his vulcanized reactions are exactly what they are trying to provoke.

Quadrewple

Quadrewple
Total Posts:  383
Joined  28-04-2017

27 June 2017 17:50

Brick Bungalow - 27 June 2017 05:31 PM

If by ‘advanced the national conversation’ you mean created a miasma of mutual incrimination, blame and hostility never before seen in my lifetime.

Would immigration even be a popular topic if it weren’t for Trump?  I sure don’t remember a lot of talk about immigration while Obama was president - I didn’t know a single person IRL who talked about the problem of Muslim immigration before Trump forced it to receive national news attention.

I think you’re arguing from a weak position because you don’t like Trump and it hurts you emotionally to admit that he did in fact turn an issue from something which was taboo to something all of a sudden everyone has an opinion on…..regardless of the way in which he did it which you might take issue with (and I understand that perspective).

I vastly prefer Trump’s approach of say offensive things to force the conversation to get started to what will almost certainly be Zuckerberg’s approach of refusing to have conversations which will offend people, thus ensuring that peoples’ opinions stay below ground and issue are not hashed out.  If people who weren’t Trump would actually have the spine to touch these subjects, his approach wouldn’t be necessary to start the conversation…...it’s awfully typical that people view Trump in isolation, and not as a response to the spinelessness of all previous politicians.

Brick Bungalow

Brick Bungalow
Joined  28-05-2009

27 June 2017 22:06

Quadrewple - 27 June 2017 05:50 PM
Brick Bungalow - 27 June 2017 05:31 PM

If by ‘advanced the national conversation’ you mean created a miasma of mutual incrimination, blame and hostility never before seen in my lifetime.

Would immigration even be a popular topic if it weren’t for Trump?  I sure don’t remember a lot of talk about immigration while Obama was president - I didn’t know a single person IRL who talked about the problem of Muslim immigration before Trump forced it to receive national news attention.

I think you’re arguing from a weak position because you don’t like Trump and it hurts you emotionally to admit that he did in fact turn an issue from something which was taboo to something all of a sudden everyone has an opinion on…..regardless of the way in which he did it which you might take issue with (and I understand that perspective).

I vastly prefer Trump’s approach of say offensive things to force the conversation to get started to what will almost certainly be Zuckerberg’s approach of refusing to have conversations which will offend people, thus ensuring that peoples’ opinions stay below ground and issue are not hashed out.  If people who weren’t Trump would actually have the spine to touch these subjects, his approach wouldn’t be necessary to start the conversation…...it’s awfully typical that people view Trump in isolation, and not as a response to the spinelessness of all previous politicians.

Well, thanks for making it easy I guess.

Rosalina

Rosalina
Total Posts:  3
Joined  30-06-2017

30 June 2017 06:49

He is like an SJW, Such people are not good for democracy excaim