Outspoken Female Muslims (In light of most recent episode)

tonycatman

tonycatman
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-06-2017

09 June 2017 19:07

We all try to take care not to be seen as sexist, racist, or xxx..phobic.

However, in the light of a BBC podcast I heard a few weeks ago, numerous youtube videos, and an unpleasant recent experience, I’ve come to an unavoidable conclusion.

Almost without exception, Muslim women who are outspoken are really, really dim. Dim to the extent that they aren’t worth talking to. Dim to the extent that they aren’t worth listening to.

Conversely, those who have escaped Islam seem to be among the smartest people you can meet.

Is Islam actively causing women to switch off their cognitive faculties, or is this the result of a thousand years of selective breeding ?

Poldano

Poldano
Total Posts:  3333
Joined  26-01-2010

10 June 2017 21:43

I have similar impressions of almost anyone who spouts a “believing” line. There are, of course, some clever exceptions who I consider masters of rhetoric, like Newt Gingrich.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3468
Joined  21-10-2016

11 June 2017 05:53

I don’t quite know why women are specifically referred to as being “really dim” in this case.  Why wouldn’t the intelligence/rationality of all religious zealots be questioned?

Don’t know if you are being serious with your comment about “selective breeding” for “cognitive faculties”, but this cannot happen to only one gender of a group/species.

[ Edited: 11 June 2017 06:32 by Jan_CAN]

tonycatman

tonycatman
Joined  02-06-2017

11 June 2017 13:44

Are you quite sure that both genders have to be affected in the same way when selectively breeding ? Off the top of my head, I can think of at least one x-linked condition where women are carriers and men are sufferers, and I can think of another where women suffer much worse than men.

In terms of the selection specifically of muslim women, I worked from the phenotype backward. A whole group of people who were barely able to form coherent sentences, while seemingly agreeing with each other caught my attention. And it turned out that they weren’t Ashkenazi men.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

11 June 2017 14:56

tonycatman - 11 June 2017 01:44 PM

Are you quite sure that both genders have to be affected in the same way when selectively breeding ? Off the top of my head, I can think of at least one x-linked condition where women are carriers and men are sufferers, and I can think of another where women suffer much worse than men.

In terms of the selection specifically of muslim women, I worked from the phenotype backward. A whole group of people who were barely able to form coherent sentences, while seemingly agreeing with each other caught my attention. And it turned out that they weren’t Ashkenazi men.

I am not a scientist, but have done a lot of reading on evolution and paleontology.  I’m fairly sure that the inherited aspects of intelligence are passed down from both parents to all offspring.  I tried to find a paper online, but there are thousands on different aspects of this subject.

A more convincing explanation, in my view, would be related to education, culture, indoctrination, etc.  For example, in many Muslim countries, women are not granted an equal education.  Also, I am not convinced that male religious zealots sound any more intelligent.

See “The Fine Art of Baloney Detection” by Carl Sagan, under “Confusion of correlation and causation” (3rd last page).

SkepticX

SkepticX
Total Posts:  14817
Joined  24-12-2004

11 June 2017 15:03

Jan_CAN - 11 June 2017 02:56 PM

I am not a scientist, but have done a lot of reading on evolution and paleontology.  I’m fairly sure that the inherited aspects of intelligence are passed down from both parents to all offspring.  I tried to find a paper online, but there are thousands on different aspects of this subject.

A more convincing explanation, in my view, would be related to education, culture, indoctrination, etc.  For example, in many Muslim countries, women are not granted an equal education.  Also, I am not convinced that male religious zealots sound any more intelligent.

See “The Fine Art of Baloney Detection” by Carl Sagan, under “Confusion of correlation and causation” (3rd last page).

IQ is way overrated in any case. It’s far less abut IQ than how functionally we use it.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

11 June 2017 15:29

SkepticX - 11 June 2017 03:03 PM
Jan_CAN - 11 June 2017 02:56 PM

IQ is way overrated in any case. It’s far less abut IQ than how functionally we use it.

Of course, you’re right.

tonycatman

tonycatman
Joined  02-06-2017

11 June 2017 16:18

So we conclude here, perhaps unsurprisingly, that indoctrination into Islam turns otherwise intelligent women into babbling idiots.

This is quite an optimistic conclusion.

The specific BBC Podcast concentrated on the fears of Islamic mothers about their sons fleeing London in order to join a Jihadi activist group. It is difficult to imagine how any of those women might possibly give any useful guidance, on any subject. Conversely, it is easy to see how their confused and narrow outlook might cause an impressionable young man to look elsewhere for moral and spiritual direction.

If we can outlaw the faith schools, enforce integration, and police gender equality, there’s a real possibility of societal improvement inside a generation.

Sorry, I can’t find the BBC podcast to cite. However that particular podcast was only the straw that broke the camel’s back in terms of my experience of women who feel the need to quote (and misquote) the intentions of Quran every 60 seconds.

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5614
Joined  05-04-2006

12 June 2017 11:27

Religious fundamentalists tend to sound stupid because they’ve talked themselves into believing stupid things.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7713
Joined  22-02-2014

17 June 2017 08:01

bigredfutbol - 12 June 2017 11:27 AM

Religious fundamentalists tend to sound stupid because they’ve talked themselves into believing stupid things.

At the heart of it, fundamentalists make extraordinary claims with no evidence to support these claims, and a fair bit of evidence that refutes them. To staunchly defend such positions requires a break from logic and critical thinking.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2875
Joined  19-01-2015

17 June 2017 08:57

As mentioned in the podcast, shame seems to be a major motivator. And it’s not hard to make young women feel insecure and self-conscious.

Humanity

Humanity
Total Posts:  1
Joined  18-06-2017

19 June 2017 03:04

tonycatman - 09 June 2017 07:07 PM

We all try to take care not to be seen as sexist, racist, or xxx..phobic.
However, in the light of a BBC podcast I heard a few weeks ago, numerous youtube videos, and an unpleasant recent experience, I’ve come to an unavoidable conclusion.
Almost without exception, Muslim women who are outspoken are really, really dim. Dim to the extent that they aren’t worth talking to. Dim to the extent that they aren’t worth listening to.
Conversely, those who have escaped Islam seem to be among the smartest people you can meet.
Is Islam actively causing women to switch off their cognitive faculties, or is this the result of a thousand years of selective breeding ?

A Muslim is one who has ‘signed’ [implicitly] a contract [covenant] to comply with all of Allah terms [within one’s ability] as stipulated in the Quran [or Ahadith] in exchange for a promise of eternal life in Paradise.

In the Quran [Ahadith is worst] the female gender is supposed to be inferior/submissive to men, an object as a tilth for men, dirty, potential seductress - to be covered up, etc.
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2005/11/top_ten_rules_in_the_quran_tha.html

Thus all true Muslimah [female Muslims] has no choice but to fit into the above descriptions if they are to please Allah and ensure a passage to Paradise. The idea of ending up in Hell is so filled with terror that 99% of Muslimah will psychologically squeeze into the above state as expected of them by Allah.

It is not selective breeding, Western and other progressive and intelligent females who converted voluntarily will degrade themselves immediately upon conversion to secure that path to heaven and avoid hell. Look at Janet Jackson in that ugly black sack.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/janet-jackson-spotted-first-time-9106989

Dumaya

Dumaya
Total Posts:  124
Joined  04-05-2017

19 July 2017 06:46

tonycatman - 09 June 2017 07:07 PM

Presuming this refers to extant Moslem women, as distinct from apostates (...?), this would be attributable to the sequestering from [secular] education females often suffer under Islam.

Many Moslem females who advocate for Islam do, indeed, come across as quite obtuse:  Be it their in-ironic profession to [voluntarily] choosing their restrictive attire; their supposed acquiescence to phallocentric subjugation; qualification of crimes committed against them—specifically connected to their gender et al..

On the other hand, you have the Ayaan Hirsi Ali’s ilk — very intelligent ex Moslem women, who are integral to reformation of such dogmata.