Scott’s predictions

Scttkrkwd

Scttkrkwd
Total Posts:  2
Joined  25-07-2017

25 July 2017 18:33

Any one have a link to Scott’s trump predictions that he liked to mention every 5 minutes? He predicted by the end of the summer trump would start racking up the legislative accomplishments, so I cant wait to see how that turns out.

Souther

Souther
Total Posts:  14
Joined  19-07-2017

25 July 2017 19:05

He predicted Trump would win “in a landslide” and that wasn’t what happened.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  18127
Joined  15-02-2008

26 July 2017 17:17

Souther - 25 July 2017 07:05 PM

It is according to Trump. smile

Sir Drinks-a-Lot

Sir Drinks-a-Lot
Total Posts:  79
Joined  04-06-2017

27 July 2017 16:29

I guess it depends on how you define “landslide” which can be used as a wiggle word. It was a pretty healthy win for Tump, especially compared to how the pundits thought he’d do.

mapadofu

mapadofu
Total Posts:  938
Joined  20-07-2017

27 July 2017 19:13

Sir Drinks-a-Lot - 27 July 2017 04:29 PM

I guess it depends on how you define “landslide” which can be used as a wiggle word. It was a pretty healthy win for Tump, especially compared to how the pundits thought he’d do.

By what measure do you rate the win as “healthy”?

Edit to add: What would a non-healthy (un-healthy?) Trump win look like?

[ Edited: 28 July 2017 06:02 by mapadofu]

Sir Drinks-a-Lot

Sir Drinks-a-Lot
Total Posts:  79
Joined  04-06-2017

28 July 2017 10:15

mapadofu - 27 July 2017 07:13 PM
Sir Drinks-a-Lot - 27 July 2017 04:29 PM

By what measure do you rate the win as “healthy”?

Edit to add: What would a non-healthy (un-healthy?) Trump win look like?

Good point. I guess “healthy” is also a wiggle word, and perhaps I was wiggling a bit.

Besides, if you look at the wikipedia page for Scott Adams, You will see that he changed his mind a bit on the election.

[ Edited: 28 July 2017 10:18 by Sir Drinks-a-Lot]

jazzper

jazzper
Total Posts:  1
Joined  30-07-2017

30 July 2017 02:17

Long time lurker here and an admitted fan of Scott Adams. I think Adams is getting too much criticism for his podcast with Sam. Sure, Adams is not a neutral observer, even if he believes himself to be. He has become a something of a cheerleader for Trump. I have seen political wonderkids come and go; operatives, commentators and statisticians all who become flavor of the month. Adams is the current wonderkid(thats if you can get a 60yr old wonderkid).  These wonderkids come and go,  they are eventually found fallible, but more often than not they contribute something to the discourse.

The Adams prediction of a Trump landslide was based in two parts. The first part being Trump’s skills, the second being Hillary’s weaknesses. Scott described Hillary’s main weaknesses as her health and her recent scandals. Both had the potential to kill her campaign stone dead. That’s why Adams went as far as saying Trump could well be running unopposed by the end. I don’t think he was too far off with these predictions. Had one secret service agent been a second slower on his feet Hillary could easily have fallen face first on the NY tarmac. That could have been the end of Hillary’s campaign right there.

Have a read of Scott Adams take on low energy Jeb. He called it pretty much in real time as a linguistic kill shot. In the same blog post he states:

“My new prediction is that when Trump gets serious about eviscerating Hillary Clinton he will engineer a similar High Ground label that has little to do with her policies. It might even be open to interpretation so all of her haters see what they want to see.”

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/127715904536/trump-persuasion-alert-the-bush-slayer-comment

Crooked Hillary? A perfect label for someone perceived as politically/financially corrupt and also perceived as physically weak or ill. Im going to suggest had any of us made the same predictions as Scott Adams we at the very least would be patting ourselves on the back.