The Religion of Dissonance

Dumaya

Dumaya
Total Posts:  124
Joined  04-05-2017

20 August 2017 19:54

I need something reconciled — something that has gnawed away at me, like a splinter in my mind, ever since first running afoul of the mind-mulching quandary it presents.  It relates to the following, two, oft spouted, du jour memes — relating to the Islamic strain of the Avrahamic, idolatrous, sky-god worshipping cults:

1. ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE.

2. ISLAMIC TERRORISM / VIOLENCE, MOSTLY AFFECTS MOSLEMS.

*po-faced silence*

To clarify (in the remote case that someone does not ‘get’ what I’m getting at here):
HOW CAN A RELIGION THAT CLEARLY, ADMITTEDLY, HISTORICALLY AND STATISTICALLY POSES A GREATER RISK TO THOSE CONTAINED WITHIN ITS OWN, HOMOGENEOUS BIOME, ALSO PURPORT TO BE PEDDLING A DOCTRINE ROOTED IN PEACEABLE COMMUNION — MUCH LESS, WHEN RELATING TO THE WIDER, NON ADHERENT WORLD?

Anyone…?

Image Attachments

cognitive_dissonance.gif

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5778
Joined  22-02-2005

21 August 2017 22:25

You do not have the same IP as former patron Trollius Maximus but you have the same style of low grade posting.

This material is better suited to a teenage bedroom wall or a doodle inside of a junior high textbook. It is more appropriate for FaceBoot or some other site.

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5572
Joined  05-04-2006

22 August 2017 08:52

Nhoj Morley - 21 August 2017 10:25 PM

You do not have the same IP as former patron Trollius Maximus but you have the same style of low grade posting.

This material is better suited to a teenage bedroom wall or a doodle inside of a junior high textbook. It is more appropriate for FaceBoot or some other site.

I have several very thoughtful friends who maintain a much higher standard of posting on Facebook, thank-you-very-much.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5778
Joined  22-02-2005

22 August 2017 09:22

I apologize. I’m sure that’s true. I’ve never been there and know it only by reputation.

This used to be a good place to hide.

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5572
Joined  05-04-2006

22 August 2017 11:21

Nhoj Morley - 22 August 2017 09:22 AM

I apologize. I’m sure that’s true. I’ve never been there and know it only by reputation.

This used to be a good place to hide.

smile

It’s OK—Facebook is a VERY mixed blessing.

Dumaya

Dumaya
Total Posts:  124
Joined  04-05-2017

03 September 2017 22:13

Simply not liking a question, does not automatically provide an answer to it…