< 1 2

I Can Do ALL THIS Through Him Who Gives Me Strength?

lynmc

lynmc
Total Posts:  477
Joined  03-08-2014

31 January 2018 10:37

icehorse - 20 January 2018 06:54 AM

lyn:

You’re entitled to your opinion, but this is lousy try at addressing whether or not many of your posts amount to fomenting hate and fear of Muslims (here’s another one - “Do Muslims want to Assimilate?”) rather than critical analysis of Islam.  And as a criticism of Islam, it’s kind of shallow rather than a good analysis.  Not that I care what criticisms you have of Islam - you’ve demonstrated biased approach (as well as poor logic and deliberate ignorance of facts on related subjects) from the start, so I don’t think your opinions matter.

I do not conflate Islam with Muslims as you persist in doing. Once again (with Jazz hands), Islam is a set of ideas. There are many ex-Muslims that prove this point. (Although another HUGE problem with Islam is that it declares apostasy to be a capital crime.) You say my analysis is “shallow” and you imply my analysis is bad. Is it wrong? Which of my claims concerning Islam are wrong? Is it not misogynistic? Is it not homophobic? Is it not anti-semitic? Is it not supremacist?

Tell me lyn, what’s your “good analysis”?

Next you claim I’m deliberately ignorant of the facts. Hmmmm. Which facts have I got wrong?

Your claim to support human rights as expressed in the UDHR is false, or at least a major hypocrisy.  As you’ve expressed ignorance about Israel’s ethnic cleansing and argued that there aren’t any Palestinian refugees from such ethnic cleansing, and since you’ve also sought to excuse those same facts by saying Israel’s mass murders and terror should be looked at in (unspecified) context, it’s pretty clear you’re deliberately ignorant.

As far as your claims about Islam as a set of ideas, it’s a waste of time discussing Islamic ideas with someone who studies it from mainly Islamophobic sources (and contributes to spreading Islamophobia) such as yourself.  Go ask a Muslim if they’re correct.

As far as my conflating Muslims with Islam, ROFL.  Truth and logic aren’t your strong points, I think you should give up.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7660
Joined  22-02-2014

31 January 2018 10:57

lyn:

Your claim to support human rights as expressed in the UDHR is false, or at least a major hypocrisy.  As you’ve expressed ignorance about Israel’s ethnic cleansing and argued that there aren’t any Palestinian refugees from such ethnic cleansing, and since you’ve also sought to excuse those same facts by saying Israel’s mass murders and terror should be looked at in (unspecified) context, it’s pretty clear you’re deliberately ignorant.

You’re putting words in my mouth, reason #1 why I’m done discussing this with you until you decide to be honest.

lyn:

As far as your claims about Islam as a set of ideas, it’s a waste of time discussing Islamic ideas with someone who studies it from mainly Islamophobic sources (and contributes to spreading Islamophobia) such as yourself.  Go ask a Muslim if they’re correct.

You appear not to read my posts. As I’ve said many, many times, I base many of my conclusions on the scripture itself. Are you going to contend that the Quran itself is Islamophobic? This is reason #2 why I’m done discussing this with you until you decide to be honest.

lyn:

Truth and logic aren’t your strong points, I think you should give up.

Ad hominem attack! Always the sign of a strong argument, and reason #3 why I’m done with you until you decide to debate cleanly.

< 1 2