‹ First  < 4 5 6

Notes From The Underground

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3292
Joined  26-03-2013

24 November 2018 08:37

I think one of the most important lessons to learn at this forum is when to proceed and when to cut bait. 

There are those speaking off the cuff and those who spend most of their time on the back of their heels scrambling to keep up.  Pretending not to be clueless.  Searching the sea of Google for opinions and relocating them here.  There’s no hurry.  I don’t know what is causing the increase in condescension and personal attacks lately but it’s getting pretty old.  The Klein Bottle may soon become more popular as a result.  I don’t know.  Conversations can go on as long as they have to and if they feel too slow then please start a speedy thread of yer own rather than derailing the one yer on.  Pretend it’s you and imagine what it’s like.  Especially if you’re new.  Remember?  Remember what it was like?  New members don’t yet know who the arseholes are.  Of course, all the Nazi coddling is a bit of a giveaway.

When someone ignores the pace and tone of an original poster, on an original thread, it quickly becomes a contest for control.  I watch as tangents lead others down another garden path and authors are often expected to defend things they never said.  Why not hang back and go with the flow for a bit just so you know exactly what you’re responding to?  Maybe keep yer eye on the ball and calm the fuck down.  I find it hard to fathom why people are so annoyed with strangers on the Internet.  You can’t blame people for seeing right through you when you choose to keep showing your cards.  One thing we all have in common is…we are not as we are perceived.  And it bodes well for everyone if we consider it a challenge instead of a fight.

Then again…I quite enjoy watching fish swim circles around sea lions.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3292
Joined  26-03-2013

09 August 2019 05:36

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1780
Joined  31-10-2015

09 August 2019 13:09

LadyJane - 09 August 2019 05:36 AM

Listen to the Music…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4sK8d48Exs

The guy toward the end knows his Doobie sitar!

‹ First  < 4 5 6