< 1 2 3

Own Your Own Zombie Apocalypse

bbearren

bbearren
Total Posts:  3830
Joined  20-11-2013

13 January 2018 11:30

SkepticX - 12 January 2018 07:28 PM

It’s not so much about the logic though, it’s the evasiveness and manipulation mostly.

I do indeed attempt to evade having my words twisted and to manipulate such attempts back toward the statements I have actually made and their meaning that I intended.
not what I said
not what I said
not what I said
didn’t answer the question
quote that

Without a little history though, patterns often aren’t apparent—probably more true regarding patterns of evasion too.

Amazingly enough, my history on these forums is still right here on these forums for anyone who might care to look, not that anyone would be so inclined.

ubique13 - 12 January 2018 04:27 PM

I’m sure that we would disagree on plenty of other things, for what it’s worth, but it’s futile to try and argue someone out of their faith, and it’s counterproductive to resort to ad hominems.

SkepticX - 12 January 2018 07:28 PM

I don’t have a problem with peoples’ faith—at least not inherently. I do have problems with ... well, other problematic behaviors. And in some cases accurate descriptions will likely seem to be ad-hominem attacks.

Accurate descriptions by your measure; not necessarily accurate, more likely projection.
not what I said
not what I said
not what I said
didn’t answer the question

SkepticX - 12 January 2018 03:41 PM

It seems that would be a very curiously ego-oriented position, especially for an exceptional and humble individual. Of course that does only apply to those with human brains too—can’t speak to those who have, or just use on loan, some other kind.

Covered fully in my signature.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6388
Joined  22-02-2005

03 February 2018 12:03

The Zombie Afoxalypse is over and that post-it note can be discarded.

My silly little musical send-up of fake news needed a slathering of voices from you know where. I dreaded having to do the shopping but finally punched-up the Utoob Fox channel and started digging. The rotting sensation was felt right away but I had a specific list of things to find and wasn’t interested in anything too topical. To my relief, most items were found in ten minutes or less. Their archive is a vast orchard of clichés. I found what I wanted and ran. Most of it came from a single broadcast day.

I also hoped to harvest the rhythms that were already there. There is a particular tempo that is a plodding pace and, if presented as a straight marching beat, evokes a staggering march like the numbed workers in Metropolis. I place it at 93.65 beats per minute. For the anchors at Fox News, it is the frequency, Kenneth.

Could I find stretches of verbage that fit this theory? It wasn’t difficult. It all does. As if there were, just behind the cameras, a big dude pounding a kettledrum for the galley-slave anchors to follow. It took only the slightest tweaking and mostly no adjustment at all. Place any accented syllable on a beat and all the other words line up on other beats. Even the pauses between words in the longer spoken bits follow the rhythm. It is the Pace of Fox-speak.

If you want to talk to trumpies or foxies, it must be at this pace or their attention will not be able to follow you. Try talking like The Boss, for example. As you drone on, the beat will start in their heads. Things you say… little words and phrases… will trigger the voices. Topics and names scream from your sentences and stoke the rising fire in their brain. Until, all at once, they explode into a verbal rage full of the same melody and timing as the inner voices. It is like singing along with their favorite hits. There is nothing left to do but run.

The montages took about forty hours of selecting and editing the mixdown cues. On the whole it was a lot easier than I expected.

My pal Frank once wrote something on a cocktail napkin just before passing out. “Listen to the rhythm of the voice in your head as your conscious mind speaks to you”. This isn’t the way for the average poster. It is more of a tweet mentality. It is the way of the foxites. It turns them into goats.

For your amusement and perhaps just a tinge of vengeance… Gravity and the Plight of the Working Man

[ Edited: 03 February 2018 13:21 by Nhoj Morley]

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17720
Joined  15-02-2008

03 February 2018 17:19

I’m thinking Zappa.

< 1 2 3