The Space Between Orthodoxy and Ben Shapiro

ubique13

ubique13
Total Posts:  753
Joined  10-03-2017

11 February 2018 09:41

As far as I can tell (and I think Eric Weinstein even made a similar remark during the live podcast), Ben Shapiro seems more aligned with atheism than Judaism; especially Orthodoxy. Having some idea of what Orthodox Judaism had traditionally been before my own family fled Europe (late 19th century), I would like to clear up whatever misconceptions that anyone may have.

To start, Ivanka Trump is not and cannot be an Orthodox Jew for a variety of reasons. Jared Kushner seems to be what I would have called a Conservative Jew, but I suppose it was somewhere in the psychopathy of ultra-Orthodoxy that I lost my own grasp on what the shifting definitions had become.

Also, I am very adamantly against both the BDS movement and the decision to move the US embassy. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is probably the oldest blood feud in Western civilization, and the United States abrogated its responsibility to protect the Palestinian people from ethnic cleansing in what is already an apartheid state.

Chaz

Chaz
Total Posts:  108
Joined  24-02-2018

13 April 2018 01:41

I don’t think you made your point. I like Ben, and although I can’t testify to any religious beliefs or actions, I do however respect his explanation that he doesn’t formulate his arguments with the bible because it’s arguing from authority and it’s merely dismissing the argument instead of winning the argument. For all I know it’s just a sham so he can tell people that calling to his lack of credentials isn’t a valid argument, but I can logically doubt that to be the case.