Where are the attachments?

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  2150
Joined  21-10-2016

28 February 2018 17:30

It appears that all of our attachments are gone.  Could this have happened during the relocation?

For example:
I was looking to copy an attachment from my thread “Blue Monday - Update” under the topic “News Items ...”, and found the attachments are gone.  No more otters holding hands or rainbow unicorn butterfly kitties.  Very sad.

I then randomly checked some other threads, and can find no attachments. 

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5871
Joined  22-02-2005

28 February 2018 18:14

Yesterday, I noticed a mugshot thread with no mugs. It is a recent occurrence.

An Uber has been contacted. Some uber-work was done a few days ago on the forum and that may have caused the vanishing act. They are not gone, just presently invisible. Stay tuned. “Tis the first response from upstairs I’ve had in a while.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

08 March 2018 18:55

I expected the Ubers to caution us about the suffering caused by earthly attachments to things like attachments but lo, the secret incantations have been made and the mugs are back.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

09 March 2018 06:55

Nhoj Morley - 08 March 2018 06:55 PM

I expected the Ubers to caution us about the suffering caused by earthly attachments to things like attachments but lo, the secret incantations have been made and the mugs are back.

Thanks, Nhoj and Ubers.  A quick look now shows that, in addition to the Mugshots thread, attachments have returned to The Forum Diary and The Klein Bottle.  But alas, suffering continues as I do not yet see otters holding hands in my thread mentioned in the OP.  Ahh, maybe it’s just a matter of time ...

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

09 March 2018 07:48

A brief look around shows attachments where I remember some belonging. There is an attachment appearing in your blue thread. If it was uploaded recently during the attachment limbo, it may be in limbo now. That is a half-arsed guess.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

09 March 2018 08:09

Nhoj Morley - 09 March 2018 07:48 AM

A brief look around shows attachments where I remember some belonging. There is an attachment appearing in your blue thread. If it was uploaded recently during the attachment limbo, it may be in limbo now. That is a half-arsed guess.

That’s odd—I just logged in/out and checked again and still don’t see any of the attachments on the ‘blue’ thread.  It’s not that important as this was a fun thread, but the attachments made it funner.  Will wait ... limbo can take a while.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

09 March 2018 08:13

Hmmm… no, there isn’t one. Strange. The investigation will continue.