Contributing to Sam

mikedig

mikedig
Total Posts:  2
Joined  15-07-2017

02 April 2018 11:21

I hope someone can help me, as I submitted the following to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), but received an unsatisfactory reply.

‘’**************
I am a subscriber. I made a one-time contribution about a year ago, as I did not want to contribute every month, and there was no “yearly” option. I would like to make another one-time contribution, but I don’t see an option for that. I only see a monthly option. (And still no yearly option.)

I sort of remember Sam mentioning something about the lack of a one-time option and how to go about still doing it during the housekeeping portion of one of his podcasts, but I don’t remember the specifics of what he said.

Can you please explain?
‘’**************

The reply I received from .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) said only: “we’ve transitioned exclusively to subscription-based support.”  I understand that.  But the reply doesn’t really answer my question as to what Sam said during one of his podcasts as to how to still contribute one-time.  Does anyone here remember what that was?  It was during a recent podcast—I think sometime in 2018.

I don’t really have an issue subscribing in general.  It’s just that I would prefer to do so on a yearly basis rather than monthly.  So, short of a yearly subscription, I’d much rather just manually contribute once per year.

Thanks,
Mike

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5972
Joined  22-02-2005

02 April 2018 17:58

The word ‘support’ no longer appears in the promo emails either. I would assume there is only the subscription option at this time. Not that they tell us anything.

[ Edited: 03 April 2018 12:29 by Nhoj Morley]

mikedig

mikedig
Total Posts:  2
Joined  15-07-2017

03 April 2018 09:53

Thanks for the reply.  grin

I’ll go through some of the recent podcasts to try to find what Sam had said.  Perhaps it will still work.  If not, then, oh, well.

woke

woke
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-04-2018

05 April 2018 19:56

It is quite odd. A simple “Donate via PayPal” button would suffice for people in OP’s situation. I can’t see any reason not to have such a thing.