The only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian. True or false?

Greatest I am

Greatest I am
Total Posts:  168
Joined  26-07-2013

06 April 2018 13:16

The only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian. True or false?

A nutshell view of Gnostic Christianity is expressed in the first two links. The third shows the attitude and result of Christian and Gnostic Christian interaction. I should point out that Gnostic Christianity does not hold to any supernatural belief, although I know that the literature, mostly written by those who won the God wars, wants to show that we do. Our myths have a lot of supernatural entities but they are myths, not reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptNcSYo7k4&t=338s

I heard the saying in the title of this O. P. some time ago and after looking at the moral aspects of both ideologies/ theologies;—- I think that statement to be true from a moral point of view.

Do you?

Regards
DL

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  16251
Joined  15-02-2008

07 April 2018 09:29

False. The only good Christian is an atheist.

Greatest I am

Greatest I am
Joined  26-07-2013

07 April 2018 10:51

You just insulted atheists.

Regards
DL

Chaz

Chaz
Total Posts:  104
Joined  24-02-2018

13 April 2018 02:35

Gnostic Christians are atheists they’re just making a mockery of Christianity thinking it’s the only way to keep the book but lose the dogmatic aspects. I don’t care about keeping the book when we have so much better material to read that everyone knows was written for the exact reasons the GCs want to keep the book. The only difference is that the multiple authors of the bible had their work put in one book so people don’t have to find the books for themselves

Greatest I am

Greatest I am
Joined  26-07-2013

13 April 2018 07:32

Chaz - 13 April 2018 02:35 AM

Gnostic Christians are atheists they’re just making a mockery of Christianity thinking it’s the only way to keep the book but lose the dogmatic aspects. I don’t care about keeping the book when we have so much better material to read that everyone knows was written for the exact reasons the GCs want to keep the book. The only difference is that the multiple authors of the bible had their work put in one book so people don’t have to find the books for themselves

I can agree with you except for the atheist part.

We are closer to agnostic than atheists. You might look up the word agnostic and you will see that it is a derivative of gnostic. Just adding the ag to gnostic should have given you that hint.

Now. Care to answer the O.P. and show your moral sense?

Regards
DL

Chaz

Chaz
Total Posts:  104
Joined  24-02-2018

13 April 2018 08:58

Greatest I am - 13 April 2018 07:32 AM

I can agree with you except for the atheist part.

We are closer to agnostic than atheists. You might look up the word agnostic and you will see that it is a derivative of gnostic. Just adding the ag to gnostic should have given you that hint.

Now. Care to answer the O.P. and show your moral sense?

Regards
DL

Agnostic is atheist with a lack of conviction. Answer is false, GCs aren’t christians. Morality in my view is the result of life acknowledging it’s own actions as encouraging or not relative to it’s own well being. Did I mention that I don’t identify as Christian or atheist?

Greatest I am

Greatest I am
Joined  26-07-2013

14 April 2018 08:36

No comment.

Regards
DL