Info privacy

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Total Posts:  6516
Joined  15-05-2009

12 April 2018 08:20

Hi
In light of all the current media discussions on internet privacy, I’m wondering how our info is protected on this forum.  Does any info, on discussion topics for example, get linked to our email addresses or names, and get passed to any third parties?  It seems the answer is probably “no.”  But thought I’d ask.

Also, if a poster decides to withdraw permanently from the forum, is their info maintained, or could the personal info, name and email, be deleted?

Thank you for doing such a great job moderating.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5779
Joined  22-02-2005

12 April 2018 11:44

Thank you for saying so.

Patrons who leave leave behind their stuff unless they empty their profile info and text boxes. (like Halogirl). I have been asked by leavers to delete their account and I have but I won’t if that will blitz other posters’ boxes.

My clumsy buttons can delete a particular post, suspend a patron temporarily (leaving posts intact) or permanantly ban them (destroying everything). Short of the third option, info left behind remains in the roster.

The Boss says he won’t sell the info and Hop won’t if he says no.

Why? What do think I could get for it? Hmmmm.

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Total Posts:  6516
Joined  15-05-2009

12 April 2018 14:17

Thanks.  I was wondering if an exiting patron’s actual email, name, etc. are deleted from connection with the avatar name.  That is, the posts might remain, but the identity would remain anonymous.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

12 April 2018 14:31

If I can’t see it, no one else can. Except the ubers.

I can see your IP’s but not your email addresses.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  2742
Joined  26-03-2013

12 April 2018 16:58

There’s a Zucker born every minute.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  916
Joined  01-11-2014

12 April 2018 17:33

Nhoj Morley - 12 April 2018 11:44 AM

Thank you for saying so.

Patrons who leave leave behind their stuff unless they empty their profile info and text boxes. (like Halogirl). I have been asked by leavers to delete their account and I have but I won’t if that will blitz other posters’ boxes.

My clumsy buttons can delete a particular post, suspend a patron temporarily (leaving posts intact) or permanantly ban them (destroying everything). Short of the third option, info left behind remains in the roster.

The Boss says he won’t sell the info and Hop won’t if he says no.

Why? What do think I could get for it? Hmmmm.

Uh-oh.

A “Nhoj Morley Dossier” ?

brazen4

brazen4
Total Posts:  133
Joined  09-08-2017

12 April 2018 19:34

So if I decided to leave I should do something to get permanently banned before I do to insure all my info is deleted?

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

12 April 2018 20:36

That would be one way.

Another way would be to be edit or update your profile info into blankness or nonsense just before you turn out the lights. Just sayin.

I remember things. Lots of things.