DOJ IG releases its first report that led to firing of ex-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  2811
Joined  07-08-2011

15 April 2018 08:54

The report asserts among many that McCabe misled the DOJ watchdog and the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility when questioned under oath about the leaks. Basically, he is a liar. And officially proven.  This is the same guy that was in charge of Hillary’s investigation and Russia Conspiracy. More to come…

https://static01.nyt.com/files/2018/us/politics/20180413a-doj-oig-mccabe-report.pdf

Ola

Ola
Total Posts:  1087
Joined  12-07-2016

15 April 2018 10:09

Just curious, does anyone really give the slightest damn about Hillary anymore? To me, she’s irrelevant. History. Done. Next!

Celal

Celal
Joined  07-08-2011

15 April 2018 11:19

It is not complicated for most. The relevancy is members of the FBI and the Department of Justice did everything they could to exonerate Hillary Clinton for her crimes and incriminate Donald Trump with a non-existent crime. The additional reports by the DOJ IG will document the complete picture for anyone slow on the uptake.  First report shows Deputy Director of FBI was a political arm of the Hillary Campaign.

We know already that FBI and the Obama DOJ were in collusion to ensure their preferred election.  This will lead to criminal charges.  If there is Justice at all.

Edit: In the Washington DC swamp, here’s how things are done.

1.  Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein writes a letter to Trump recommends Trump to fire FBI Director Comey
2.  Trump fires FBI Director Comey
3.  Comey leakes to media through his friend.
4.  Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein hires Robert Mueller to investigate
5.  First thing Robert Mueller investigates is the firing of FBI Director Comey as obstruction of justice which Rod Rosenstein recommended.

[ Edited: 15 April 2018 14:54 by Celal]

Celal

Celal
Joined  07-08-2011

16 April 2018 19:35

Former FBI Director Interview with ABC News, April 15, 2018

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Did you tell him that the Steele Dossier had been financed by his political opponents?

JAMES COMEY: No. I didn’t—I didn’t think I used the term “Steele Dossier,” I just talked about additional material.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Did he—but did he have a right to know that?

JAMES COMEY: That it’d been financed by his political opponents? I don’t know the answer to that. I—it wasn’t necessary for my goal, which was to alert him that we had this information. Again, I was clear on whether it’s true or not, it’s important that you know, both because of the counterintelligence reason and so you know that this maybe going to hit the media.
http://abcnews.go.com/Site/transcript-james-comeys-interview-abc-news-chief-anchor/story?id=54488723

It is absolutely extraordinary!  This is the guy that was the FBI Director and giving National Security Briefings to the President. He admits on TV that his goal did not include telling the President the Dossier that was used to get a warrant was financed by the opposition party! 

And he admits this…  Amazing!

Celal

Celal
Joined  07-08-2011

19 April 2018 12:04

The Justice Department’s inspector general has sent a criminal referral regarding former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to the US attorney’s office in Washington”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/politics/justice-mccabe-criminal-referral/index.html

EN

EN
Total Posts:  20094
Joined  11-03-2007

19 April 2018 13:15

Like Mueller’s investigation, we will see what the final outcome is.  So far, lots of indictments, confessions, etc.  We’ll see what happens with McCabe.  I’m confident in the legal system (generally).  Better to have all this in the courts rather than subject to the whims of politicians. Hopefully Trump will leave Mueller alone and just let the chips fall where they may.

SamStone

SamStone
Total Posts:  21
Joined  18-02-2017

20 April 2018 17:43

Comey’s behavior is even worse than that clip suggests, because his released memos show that the Trump briefing was a trap.  CNN had the dossier but couldn’t report on it because it was, to quote Comey, ‘Salacious and unverified’.  So they needed a newsworthy ‘hook’ to justify publishing its existence.  Comey intentionally used the President’s briefing, which was immediately leaked to CNN, to give them justification to publish it.  In other words, they concocted a scheme to bypass journalistic standards and report on a dossier damaging to a President that had not been remotely verified and which was basically opposition research funded by the Clinton campaign.

The whole thing stinks.  And I hate Trump.