1 2 > 

Existence, Evolution, and Consciousness

Chaz

Chaz
Total Posts:  129
Joined  24-02-2018

10 July 2018 20:58

Summary:
I believe the explanation of a black hole is the big bang theory. A stars’ gravity is so great that light can’t escape it, and the star is collapsing under such force, eventually creating a singularity that explodes, spreading through the universe. The most logical approach is that this phenomenon happened enough times to get all the ingredients of a human being into a singularity that landed on this planet and grew. We’re the most complex because the bits of stardust we come from were the center of the explosion, as the purest form of the singularity, meaning apes were almost the center but that stardust was a less concentrated dose.

Analogies:
To explain how a black hole can form, I find it best to use the imagination through examples of similarity. To begin, I use tornadoes and hurricanes as examples. When they form on earth, they are forced into the shape of a cone by gravity. When they form in space, there’s no firmament, so gravity can only force it into a ball. The energy produced on earth is released in the form of lightning/thunder, but in space it would be the spark that lights the fire. How they form isn’t simply hot and cold colliding, rather it’s the polar opposite states of what is colliding. Polar opposite states such as dark matter, and antimatter. Colliding because, like magnets, opposites attract, proven even in the human brain with the left and right hemispheres. Imagining a lava lamp with dark matter and antimatter, instead of wax and water, would demonstrate how they would blend together and inevitably cause a reaction.

Therefore:
The black holes creation resulted in a singularity of both elements, creating a third element, that would be an ingredient in the next singularity, creating a fourth, etcetera. However, I feel the big bang theory is wrong in assuming the phenomenon could only happen in a single location, given the length of time and amount of space.

Evolution is the product of this process, creating consciousness. After so many different elements were forced into a singularity, being exposed to the various forms of energy forced consciousness into existence as result of the elements working together. Plants are also conscious, and it’s not crazy to admit the possibility of them coming from a different black hole. Dark matter and antimatter are just examples to make a point. The reality is most likely staggering.

Musing:
A different way to think of infinity is to go small rather than big. Zero isn’t a number; it’s just a place holder. 0.1 is a tenth, 0.01 is a hundredth, 0.001 is a thousandth. The zero’s are added infinitely, and the numbers are named based on how many zero’s are used. A google is one followed by a hundred zero’s, so a googleth would be 0.0 followed by 98 zero’s and a one.

Time is infinite because it cannot be measured. By that definition, space, sound, light, etcetera, are also infinite. Space is infinite because there’s no ending measurement for how big something can be. Sound is infinite because there’s no ending measurement for how loud something can be. Light is infinite because there’s no ending measurement for how bright something can be.

Chaz

Chaz
Joined  24-02-2018

14 July 2018 06:48

Clarification:
    Existence:
The universe wasn’t created by something/someone. Stars don’t form from other stars exploding.

Evolution:
The reason we can trace the development of life back to an individual organism, but we haven’t found “transitional” forms of life in fossils, is because we all came from the same explosion of a black hole, just different levels in concentration of its core.

Consciousness:
Water doesn’t have a choice but to evaporate, salt doesn’t have a choice but to dissolve, metal doesn’t have a choice but to become magnetized, etcetera. When so many ingredients are forced together from the force of a black hole, and doesn’t have a choice but to react simultaneously, consciousness is the result of the teamwork the ingredients don’t have a choice but to participate in. Plants aren’t only alive, but they’re conscious and self aware.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6328
Joined  08-12-2006

14 July 2018 15:49

Chaz - 14 July 2018 06:48 AM

Plants aren’t only alive, but they’re conscious and self aware.

How do you know that?

bbearren

bbearren
Total Posts:  3468
Joined  20-11-2013

14 July 2018 20:28

I’ll stick with known theories and explorations of cutting-edge astrophysicists.

Chaz

Chaz
Joined  24-02-2018

14 July 2018 20:30

Antisocialdarwinist - 14 July 2018 03:49 PM

How do you know that?

Alive because they need water and sunlight and they grow, conscious and self aware because they move themselves to adapt. Trees put their leaves up when it rains, some kind of flower blooms every day.

Good enough answer?

Chaz

Chaz
Joined  24-02-2018

14 July 2018 20:33

bbearren - 14 July 2018 08:28 PM

I’ll stick with known theories and explorations of cutting-edge astrophysicists.

I was looking for if it’s understandable. I’m not 100% on my articulation

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5971
Joined  22-02-2005

14 July 2018 21:53

Like many patrons, Mr. Owl Guy prefers to stick to the name brands and avoids enthusiasts who arrive with an offering of bathtub moonshine.

However, as a fellow internet nutter, I can take a more charitable look.

The sole worthy nugget I can find is this one…

A different way to think of infinity is to go small rather than big. Zero isn’t a number; it’s just a place holder. 0.1 is a tenth, 0.01 is a hundredth, 0.001 is a thousandth. The zero’s are added infinitely…

You can find traction by following that thought balloon instead of falling into the Cult of Zero. Zeroes cannot be a place or a moment or a thing or us.

Your other offerings are either insufficiently informed or putting too many unjustifiable demands on reality.  Put it all back in the oven and carry on.

Chaz

Chaz
Joined  24-02-2018

15 July 2018 00:03

Nhoj Morley - 14 July 2018 09:53 PM

Like many patrons, Mr. Owl Guy prefers to stick to the name brands and avoids enthusiasts who arrive with an offering of bathtub moonshine.

However, as a fellow internet nutter, I can take a more charitable look.

The sole worthy nugget I can find is this one…

A different way to think of infinity is to go small rather than big. Zero isn’t a number; it’s just a place holder. 0.1 is a tenth, 0.01 is a hundredth, 0.001 is a thousandth. The zero’s are added infinitely…

You can find traction by following that thought balloon instead of falling into the Cult of Zero. Zeroes cannot be a place or a moment or a thing or us.

Your other offerings are either insufficiently informed or putting too many unjustifiable demands on reality.  Put it all back in the oven and carry on.

I understand I’m insufficiently informed in more ways than mentioned here but can you give me an example of the demands on reality?

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5971
Joined  22-02-2005

15 July 2018 06:48

Chaz - 15 July 2018 12:03 AM

...an example of the demands on reality?

...to conform to your descriptions.

Chaz

Chaz
Joined  24-02-2018

15 July 2018 20:10

Nhoj Morley - 15 July 2018 06:48 AM
Chaz - 15 July 2018 12:03 AM

...an example of the demands on reality?

...to conform to your descriptions.

That doesn’t help.. are you talking about the analogies? Do you know how tornadoes work? I don’t think you’re looking at it the way I intended but if I’m going to improve I need more than that.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

16 July 2018 15:43

Chaz - 14 July 2018 08:30 PM
Antisocialdarwinist - 14 July 2018 03:49 PM

How do you know that?

Alive because they need water and sunlight and they grow, conscious and self aware because they move themselves to adapt. Trees put their leaves up when it rains, some kind of flower blooms every day.

Good enough answer?

My motorcycle speeds up when I twist the throttle, adapting to the new throttle position. Is my motorcycle self-aware? Electrons move from one copper atom to another, adapting to a voltage differential. Are electrons self-aware? My leg kicks when the doctor taps my knee. Is my leg self-aware?

Maybe you’d better define “self-aware.”

Chaz

Chaz
Joined  24-02-2018

16 July 2018 18:24

Antisocialdarwinist - 16 July 2018 03:43 PM

My motorcycle speeds up when I twist the throttle, adapting to the new throttle position. Is my motorcycle self-aware? Electrons move from one copper atom to another, adapting to a voltage differential. Are electrons self-aware? My leg kicks when the doctor taps my knee. Is my leg self-aware?

Maybe you’d better define “self-aware.”

Fair enough, although it seems you’re deliberately trying to be difficult.

Your motorcycle is forced to react when you twist the throttle. It’s a chain reaction, and you know that. Plants are forced to absorb water the same way we’re forced to eat, that being to avoid death. Trying to avoid death would be the most basic definition of being self aware possible.

How about Venus flytraps? Is that a good example of how plants are self aware? The fact that the plants eat food and water do it for you? What about the fact that they feel when a fly lands on them before closing to trap the fly? They’re just plants but they obviously feel things and react accordingly. I’m not going to look it up for you but some plant can tell when it’s being eaten by a giraffe and tells the plants around it so they can change the way they taste to the giraffe so it won’t eat them.

I can’t tell if you’re testing me, or you genuinely don’t think plants can be conscious without a brain. Either way I hope I’ve convinced you by now.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

16 July 2018 22:34

Define “self-aware.”

Chaz

Chaz
Joined  24-02-2018

17 July 2018 06:01

Being aware of one’s self.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Joined  08-12-2006

19 July 2018 17:41

Chaz - 17 July 2018 06:01 AM

Being aware of one’s self.

Connect the dots for me. How do you get from “moving to adapt” to “being aware of one’s self?”

Chaz

Chaz
Joined  24-02-2018

19 July 2018 20:09

Antisocialdarwinist - 19 July 2018 05:41 PM

Connect the dots for me. How do you get from “moving to adapt” to “being aware of one’s self?”

Moving to adapt was only one thing I presented as evidence. Flowers turning to face the sun, are moving to adapt to changes in order for the best chance of surviving. Knowing (instinctively, naturally, or otherwise) to do something to stay alive, means you are aware of losing your life.

If you’re disagreeing with me, you will have the same luck as to claim cats and dogs aren’t self aware. They’re not intelligent the same as human beings, but they act accordingly to threats and as necessary for survival, such as the things I presented as evidence for my claim, including moving to adapt, like birds migrating.

I would appreciate it if your next question, or comment, actually has substance to it. Aside from making a comparison to machines, you’ve given no argument as to why you don’t think plants can be conscious. After everything I’ve said, you have only focused on one piece of evidence as if it was the central pillar that my claim rests on, and you’ve completely ignored the rest. I would appreciate something of substance because I put the deeper points I was making on pause for you. If you don’t understand how plants can be conscious, then I can’t expect you to understand that what I’ve been saying explains how we’re all connected and the phenomena known as the sixth sense.

1 2 >