FYI or, To Whom It May Concern: 

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6001
Joined  22-02-2005

18 July 2018 19:29

How dangerous are these forum admins anyway? Is there any cause for worry?

We can see your IP addresses. This is helpful in sorting out spammers and sock-puppets. We can ban addresses from accessing this site. Short of being geeks, we could play them as lottery numbers but not much else. IP’s are private and we will respect your privacy.

Admins have the same access to patrons’ email addresses as everyone else. It is the same invisible proxy method that everyone else gets. My patrons’ email address collection is wholely voluntary. We have no access to any further personal information unless a patron posts it for all to see.

Above us are the Super Admins or ‘Ubers’. They can see your email address and anything inputed to the site. They do not share any of this with the Plain Admins nor would we have any interest in or use for it.

We have sharp words and prickly points in our whoops-quivers. Tremble before them. It is all we got.

Dissatisfied patrons can go over our heads and entreat the ubers but it will land on my desk anyway.

[ Edited: 21 July 2018 21:53 by Nhoj Morley]

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  6777
Joined  22-02-2014

28 July 2018 07:43

We genuflect in your general direction!

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  4857
Joined  19-08-2010

28 July 2018 09:22

icehorse - 28 July 2018 07:43 AM

We genuflect in your general direction!

You are healed… now go forth.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  20692
Joined  11-03-2007

28 July 2018 13:03

I work in a large corporation. We bow and scrape to authority, then sneak around and do what we want. It’s the way of the world. Same here.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6001
Joined  22-02-2005

28 August 2018 22:44

Greetings, Mr. Cat.

Your PM box reads as full and we would like you to feel free to open it up again. So I’ll address your problem here.

I know who this is and he was warned. This is not the first time he has been a PM menace. The IP will be PNG. All fifteen of them, in fact. Alas, poor Irfan.

We apologize for any inconvenience.