Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  2519
Joined  21-10-2016

31 July 2018 07:52

GAD - 30 July 2018 08:39 PM

read it and weep.

Religious Liberty Task Force

Weep indeed ... quite disturbing.  A perfect example of the need for complete separation of church-and-state.  Politicians showing strong religious bias, especially as it pertains to human rights, should be disqualified for office by the electorate; even religious moderates should realize the importance of this.  Unfortunately, what should be and what is are quite different than what does often happen.

One can only hope that feminists and the LGBT community will not be alone in what will need to be their continued fight for their civil rights.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  20692
Joined  11-03-2007

31 July 2018 08:08

Nothing related to my religious liberty, beliefs, practices, or actions has ever been endangered by other people’s rights.  I don’t know anyone who has been affected, to be honest. Forcing a civil servant to do her job or a baker to sell a cake doesn’t have anything to do with religion.  It’s just a ruse, a smoke screen, to give some extremists something to be enraged about.  Religious liberty is alive and well - this kind of stuff will actually harm it, especially when Christianity is no longer a majority religion.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9142
Joined  20-10-2006

03 August 2018 07:40

Of course, “religious liberty” is exclusive to Christians.  Just wait until a Muslim exercises his right to the religious liberty of Sharia to see the limit of “religious liberty.”

The obvious message from Sessions and MAGA is to restore white, Christian political power to its glory days, but the cowards know they can’t shout “Foggot!” any more so they call it something else with a wink and a nod.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2534
Joined  19-01-2015

08 August 2018 02:08

a blatant display of violation of the separation of church and state.

I suggest we bury the Task Force under complaints from Muslim and Satanists groups.